Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-23-2012, 05:37 PM   #1
OrangeWalls
UG's only Homo Novus

"Hope" - Cinematic - C4C

So, just finished uploading this new piece, and I would love to hear some opinions on it. I'm not sure on the mixing, cause I did everything via Headphones (uh) and a semi decent 5.1 from my parents (even more uh for mixing). Until I have access to my monitors again this will have to suffice, though.

here is the song: https://soundcloud.com/passingseptember/hope

C4C of course, could take me some days though, cause internet is somewhat slow here.

My Lyrics and Poems

"with golden hair and perfect eyes,

with hollow words and empty lies."
OrangeWalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:29 PM   #2
MaXiMuse
Has an X in his name

Is everything mono? Because it sounds so. There are some stereo swishes w/ delay and the percussion has a faint stereo delay maybe. But start panning dude, it adds some much! And to be a pain in the *ss, you have a hard cut in the end. The reverb doesn't fade out but just stops. And I don't think that was your intention was it?

It would start by changing those things.

This is an electronic track I made, influenced by Trentemøller and Meshuggah
If you want C4C just give me a message!
MaXiMuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:01 AM   #3
OrangeWalls
UG's only Homo Novus

Well, yeah, actually you are right. It was completely in Mono. I messed up while rendering and didn't bother to listen to it. Shame on me. I uploaded a new version, this time in stereo. (and an actual fade out, which I forgot too)

My Lyrics and Poems

"with golden hair and perfect eyes,

with hollow words and empty lies."
OrangeWalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:45 AM   #4
mattmakaha

I couldn't stop re-playing your track, I must have listened to it at least 10 times.
I could just imagine this in a movie soundtrack in like a drama/mystery, like a scene where someone is secretly breaking into a building and searching a room for evidence or something, then at 0:46, a security guard's footsteps approach and so he has to climb out the window on the 10th floor onto the ledge and carefully hide.

So yeah, obviously I really like it. Your orchestral samples are much better than most people's I've heard in this sub-forum. Can't think of any negatives....

Could you visit my thread and leave a comment on my song?--
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1579631

Last edited by mattmakaha : 12-29-2012 at 12:25 AM.
mattmakaha is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: