Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-24-2012, 05:19 AM   #1
joviboy

Question Help Me Choose : Cort X2/ Epiphone Les paul/ Greg Bennett

Hi guys,

I'm a Left Handed Guitar Player from India. I started with Acoustic a Year Ago. Having learned the basic stuff and some regular Chords, I feel that the action on that acoustic is too high and I need to purchase some low action Electric Guitar now (otherwise I'll just drop the guitar playing) . I need it to play mainly CLassic Rock and a little metal (maybe) . I need a versatile guitar but special emphasis on Clean Tone (Something like Eddie Van Halen solos)

I am short on money and a Lefty So my choices are very limited. Basically I've shortlisted the following :

Cort X2 : Check out CORT X2 HERE

Epiphone Les paul : Check Out Epiphone Les Paul

Greg Bennett Avion AV 1 : Check it Out

OR any other LEfty You suggest from THIS PAGE

Please remember I need LOW ACTION

You guys are the best Guitar Forum online, Help me out Guys.

Thanks in advance.
joviboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:19 PM   #2
MaaZeus

Regarding action it is adjustable in all proper electric guitars. Whatever you buy, first thing you do is take it to the luthier or guitar shop that offers mainteance services to have the strings changed (who knows how old the stock ones are) and have the guitar set up (neck and action adjusting).

And what guitar to choose I dont know because I havent played those you linked, but I'd leave the Cort out. I like Corts but the model you listed has Tremolo. I advice against it because 1. in cheaper guitars the tremolo tends to be piece of shit and causes problems and 2. its a hassle if you want to experiment with different tunings. Overall its more headache than its worth so fixed bridge, like in those Les Pauls you linked, is recommended.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Peavey Valveking 100 MESA MOD

Line6 Pod X3

Last edited by MaaZeus : 12-24-2012 at 05:21 PM.
MaaZeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:53 PM   #3
Pink Muse
V Aww Yeahh. V

http://www.furtadosonline.com/viewp...y=left%20guitar

http://www.furtadosonline.com/viewp...y=left%20guitar

Try those two- LTD is more oriented towards the heavier styles, with thinner necks a lot of players find more comfortable for soloing and such. At this budget quality is really in shades of grey, but if you can try those two I would. The first is a very similar Les Paul shape and the same scale length, the second one is longer scale length but cheaper.

Would you run down past the fence?
Tell us, is the black box lying?
Pink Muse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:42 AM   #4
joviboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaaZeus
but I'd leave the Cort out. I like Corts but the model you listed has Tremolo. I advice against it

Thanks For your Response. Haha, you got me a little confused regarding tremolos now. Floating bridge Tremolos do seem to put the guitars out of tune quickly but is it a major issue?? Coz I had my eyes set on the versatile Cort X2 . It's Reviews are Great Here at Ultimate Guitar

Also THIS VIDEO shows the Use of the Whammy on Cort X2 (playing Eddie Van Halen's Solo for 'Beat it') And it doesn't seem like much of a problem.

Please lemme know if I should just drop the Cort X2 coz of its whammy bar (at the very worst can't I do with using it as less as possible?)

The Thing is that Cort X2 gives absolute value for money according to its reviews that I've read
Old 12-25-2012, 06:05 AM   #5
joviboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink Muse

Try those two- LTD is more oriented towards the heavier styles, with thinner necks a lot of players find more comfortable for soloing and such.

So I guess I need a thin neck and low action for ease in playing. Those LTDs are little outta my price range but I'll try to get them, but lemme know if this beautiful Ibanez can do the job.

Thanks
Old 12-25-2012, 07:17 AM   #6
MaaZeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by joviboy
Thanks For your Response. Haha, you got me a little confused regarding tremolos now. Floating bridge Tremolos do seem to put the guitars out of tune quickly but is it a major issue?? Coz I had my eyes set on the versatile Cort X2 . It's Reviews are Great Here at Ultimate Guitar

Also THIS VIDEO shows the Use of the Whammy on Cort X2 (playing Eddie Van Halen's Solo for 'Beat it') And it doesn't seem like much of a problem.

Please lemme know if I should just drop the Cort X2 coz of its whammy bar (at the very worst can't I do with using it as less as possible?)

The Thing is that Cort X2 gives absolute value for money according to its reviews that I've read

And thats why I like Cort, great bang for the buck. Cheap trems do work, maybe for long time, but at some point they can develop issues. I just dont trust them. However you can always block the trem if such thing happens.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Peavey Valveking 100 MESA MOD

Line6 Pod X3
MaaZeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:15 AM   #7
joviboy

just wanted everyone to know that finally i bought an Ibanez GRG170DXL Left Hand

It seems it was the best in my price range

Rate This Thread: