User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-25-2012, 05:02 AM   #1
Black`Mage

Farmikos

Straight from Blabbermouth:

Quote:
The first song from FARMIKOS, the new band led by former OZZY OSBOURNE/DAVID LEE ROTH guitarist Joe Holmes, can be streamed at Farmikos.com. Holmes is joined in the new group by former LAIDLAW singer Robert "Robbie" Locke (pictured below with Holmes).

Holmes, 49, took lessons from legendary guitarist Randy Rhoads (OZZY OSBOURNE, QUIET RIOT) in 1979 before forming the Los Angeles-based band TERRIFF in 1983. Holmes briefly left TERRIFF in 1987 to join LIZZY BORDEN and stayed with the latter group for a year before reforming TERRIFF.

After guitarist Jason Becker was diagnosed with ALS while recording DAVID LEE ROTH's album "A Little Ain't Enough" in 1990, Holmes stepped in to replace him.

In 1995, after Ozzy Osbourne had finished recording the "Ozzmosis" album, a replacement for Zakk Wylde was needed for the tour and Holmes got the job.

"It's really spooky," Ozzy once said in an interview, "because when Joe plays the Randy Rhoads stuff, he plays just like him it's like I can see Randy's fingers."

Holmes remained Ozzy's guitarist for five years, before leaving the band during the writing sessions for the "Down To Earth" album. Although Holmes does not play on the CD, the songs "Facing Hell", "Junkie" and "That I Never Had", which were co-written by Holmes, appear on the album.

www.farmikos.com

You can read the Blabbermouth article here: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.as..._medium=twitter

I saw Joe play with Ozzy back at the Ozzfest in 2000. I don't want to bring up the best Ozzy guitarist debate (although we can all agree that Randy will forever be #1), but I'm really excited to hear Joe come out with something new. Robby sounds a lot like Chris Cornell, but much less annoying in my opinion. Thoughts?
Black`Mage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:57 PM   #2
lithead

Latest news on FARMIKOS with Joe Holmes From Blabbermouth
Quote:
Former OZZY OSBOURNE and DAVID LEE ROTH guitarist Joe Holmes has launched a YouTube channel for FARMIKOS, his new band with vocalist Robert "Robbie" Locke (ex-LAIDLAW). The inaugural video, which can be viewed below, shows Joe cutting guitar tracks for the song "Exit Stencils" at the Mouse House in Pasadena, California.

FARMIKOS' initial recordings feature guest appearances by Robert Trujillo (METALLICA, ex-SUICIDAL TENDENCIES) and Brooks Wackerman (BAD RELIGION), along with songwriting contributions from Brent Hoffort (MY OWN MACHINE).

States Holmes: "We are still in serious writing and recording mode and Robbie is scheduled to be back out here in L.A. to finish up vocals. In the meantime, we thought it would be a great idea to give people a window into what we're doing in the studio. We'll be uploading more footage over the coming weeks leading up to our first release."

Two other FARMIKOS songs, "Scapegoat" and "The Sound Of My Gun", are currently streaming on the band's official web site at Farmikos.com.

Holmes, 50, took lessons from legendary guitarist Randy Rhoads (OZZY OSBOURNE, QUIET RIOT) in 1979 before forming the Los Angeles-based band TERRIFF in 1983. Holmes briefly left TERRIFF in 1987 to join LIZZY BORDEN and stayed with the latter group for a year before reforming TERRIFF.

After guitarist Jason Becker was diagnosed with ALS while recording DAVID LEE ROTH's album "A Little Ain't Enough" in 1990, Holmes stepped in to replace him.

In 1995, after Ozzy Osbourne had finished recording the "Ozzmosis" album, a replacement for Zakk Wylde was needed for the tour and Holmes got the job.

"It's really spooky," Ozzy once said in an interview, "because when Joe plays the Randy Rhoads stuff, he plays just like him it's like I can see Randy's fingers."

Holmes remained Ozzy's guitarist for five years, before leaving the band during the writing sessions for the "Down To Earth" album. Although Holmes does not play on the CD, the songs "Facing Hell", "Junkie" and "That I Never Had", which were co-written by Holmes, appear on the album.

Link of the new video teaser
Link to article http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.as...wsitemID=193102
lithead is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: