Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Classifieds > Gear Ads
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-25-2012, 06:13 PM   #1
Angus_Junior35
UG's Resident Indigo

WTT (IA): Beautiful Aria MAC-60 Magna for Acoustic-Electric

I have an Aria MAC-60 with a Quilted Maple top that I'd like to trade for a nice acoustic-electric guitar. I know Aria isn't exactly the highest quality brand, but this is most likely my best playing and sounding guitar.

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8359...f7bc9ec74_h.jpg
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8362...024e693e1_h.jpg
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8494...48172393a_h.jpg
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8494...7187e009b_h.jpg
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8359...2a240eeb8_h.jpg

The MAC series was a grab for Aria's upper-range guitars, this particular model priced at $479 (Some websites putting a starting price at $719.99, not sure why the gap) new. It has super low action all the way down the neck, no buzzing anywhere. Great pickups. Amazingly clear lows, not too tinny upper range, and man, do they crunch. Even when distorted, it just sounds clear and aggressive. Has a SSH setup with a coil-tap switch and 5-way pickup selector.

It holds a tune perfectly, but I can't back that up if you're using the trem. Not to say that it can't hold a tune with the trem, I just didn't get it with the arm and haven't gotten one, so I'm not sure if it will or not, though I don't see why it wouldn't. Had a full service done on it around February of 2012, and everything is still in synch. To be honest, this Aria plays differently than any guitar I've ever owned. It seems to think that it's a Jackson, the way everything is.

Aesthetically, this is the favorite out of my own collection. Gorgeous quilted maple top, beautiful lacquer, the shine on this thing is amazing. The only thing wrong with the finish on the entire guitar is a bit of button-rash on the back, not even terribly. The pictures show the entire extent of it.

Gold hardware with recessed knobs, kind of reminds me of a PRS, the way the body's set up. Nothing ever broken or replaced, to my knowledge, save for the strings. I'm out of things to say, so I'll go ahead and just post up the specs!

Quote:
Aria MAC-60

MAC SERIES

The MAC Series features double cutaway, arched top bodies and 24 fret bolt-on necks.

The Humbucker and 2 single coil pickup configuration provides ample tone variety and all (except the MAC55) guitars feature vibratos.

Choose the cool looking matt colours of the MAC35 and 57 or the great see-though colours and figured tops of the MAC50 and 60.

The MAC 60 features Duncan designed pickups for superior tone made to Seymour Duncan's exacting specifications and the Wilkinson VS50 vibrato, unsurpassed for performance and tuning stability.

If a fixed tailpiece/bridge and two humbucking pickups are more your style then the MAC55 is the model for you.

Pickup : Duncan Designed SC-101 Single Coil and HB-103 Humbucker.

Bridge & Tail piece : Wilkinson VS-50 Tremolo

Specifications:

Pickup : Duncan Designed SC-101 Single Coil and HB-103 Humbucker.
Bridge & Tail piece : Wilkinson VS-50 Tremolo
Body : Flamed Maple on Alder, Carved Top
Neck : Maple, Bolt-on, Heel-less Joint
Fingerboard : Rosewood
Frets : 24F
Scale : 648mm(25-1/2")
Pickups : Duncan Designed SC-101 Single Coil x 1, Duncan Designed HB-103 Humbucker x 1
Controls : Volume x 1, Tone x 1, PU Selector Switch x 1, Coil Tap Switch x 1
Tailpiece : Wilkinson VS-50 Tremolo
Hardware : Chrome
Finish : AN, SBL
Get Your Aria MAC-60 Today

As I'm sure you can tell, I don't really want to get rid of this guitar, but it's the only one I own worth anything that doesn't have a ton of sentimental value After a months-long hiatus from the guitar scene, I've totally switched genres and am playing more acoustic/bluegrass/classical/gospel stuff, so a shred machine isn't needed so much anymore. I'd like to trade straight-across for a nice acoustic-electric, maybe an Alvarez or upper-end Ibanez, but being new to the Acoustic world, I only know the big players (Martin, Taylor, Alvarez).

More pictures available upon request.

So someone hurry up and make me an offer before I change my mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensai
Awesome
Angus_Junior35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:40 AM   #2
Angus_Junior35
UG's Resident Indigo

Bump!

Quote:
Awesome
Old 01-01-2013, 08:14 PM   #3
Angus_Junior35
UG's Resident Indigo

Buuuuumpo

Quote:
Awesome
Old 01-03-2013, 08:41 PM   #4
Angus_Junior35
UG's Resident Indigo

Sold, back to the original owner, oddly enough!

Quote:
Awesome

Rate This Thread: