User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-27-2012, 01:32 AM   #41
PoisonousNipple
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaguitar
This really pisses me off, so I thought I'd make a thread about it. It seems like every place where you buy something, they give you the dollar bills and then the coins. To me it's a huge pain, I always end up just crunching up the paper and hoping the coins stay in there (it seems like almost always some fall.)

My solution: cashiers give coins first, and while you put them in your pocket they are getting the paper and the bills are there right when you finish putting the coins in your pocket.

Does anyone else share this same frustration? Thoughts?

And what if your trousers don't happen to have pockets? What then huh?
PoisonousNipple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:34 AM   #42
rockingamer2
Larmarky Remark

Quote:
Originally Posted by treborillusion
Also, I took a retail course earlier this year, like January 2012... & I remember I got taught to give the change back as notes first then coins with the receipt.

That was something I had to learn and do, they had a mock shop floor with a cash register/till too - I actually remember, in order to pass, we had to do it right, and that was one of the things I had to do on that course, paper money first, coins second & receipt.

Are you guys taught to count out their changed to them too? The only reason I can see for paper first is to make it easier for the customer to make sure they got the correct change.

OT: I put the cash and coins in my pocket, then move the bills to my wallet when things are chill, like in the car.

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity."

MUSIC THEORY LINK

SteamID: CarrionComfort

Last edited by rockingamer2 : 12-27-2012 at 01:36 AM.
rockingamer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:45 AM   #43
treborillusion
UG Fanatic

It was a course in retail offered by TGB (or some 3 letters) adult learning at their campus in Brixton and the course was sponsored by Barnet College... What they taught us means nothing, it's kind of handy the facts and stuff and all that running a shop stuff but... It really comes down to store policy and, that varies store to store and if it's big, like chain stores, then their might something they do as a standard and doing it is a part of standardisation.
-- Basically, if you're on the check out and your manager tells someone to train you how to give back change, and they do that paper first, coins second and reciept thing, then, that's probably just some anal standard the company wishes to keep in all their stores, so you can expect the same level of service (pretty much) where ever, if you go to one of their stores, stuff like getting your change back in a certain way or being greeted a certain way, is just keeping standardisation.
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.

Last edited by treborillusion : 12-27-2012 at 01:48 AM.
treborillusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 01:45 AM   #44
Skynyrd890
Unregistered User

Quote:
This really pisses me off, so I thought I'd make a thread about it. It seems like every place where you buy something, they give you the dollar bills and then the coins. To me it's a huge pain, I always end up just crunching up the paper and hoping the coins stay in there (it seems like almost always some fall.)

My solution: cashiers give coins first, and while you put them in your pocket they are getting the paper and the bills are there right when you finish putting the coins in your pocket.

Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerAddict
Who the **** carries cash in this day and age?

You are just asking to get mugged..

Because muggers turn down somebody they're mugging when they see a debit card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockingamer2
Are you guys taught to count out their changed to them too? The only reason I can see for paper first is to make it easier for the customer to make sure they got the correct change.

OT: I put the cash and coins in my pocket, then move the bills to my wallet when things are chill, like in the car.

This.
Skynyrd890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:39 AM   #45
jambi_mantra
Is actually English

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal4eva_22
Use a credit card for everything and get rewards points.

But then you face the problem of them giving you the card and receipt at the same time which is also annoying

Gridion Newsletter: http://issuu.com/mugc/docs/mugc_new...r_edition_three

Last edited by jambi_mantra : 12-27-2012 at 02:45 AM.
jambi_mantra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:46 AM   #46
treborillusion
UG Fanatic

On the 6th of June 2006, I got paid and bought a big purchase and... Was left with 6.66 as my balance.

Now either I was robbed or that was just a coincidence.

Anyway, cash and coins... Coins jingle when running with a lot of them in your pocket and we don't really have rolls of coins in England, just plastic coin bags.
look nigga, if you're chillin with 5 bros and 2 hos, you're gonna wanna pay attention to all of em equally. not moon over the hos forever and laugh at every shitty thing they say and just stare at them all night, like some of my mates do.

Last edited by treborillusion : 12-27-2012 at 02:49 AM.
Old 12-27-2012, 04:36 AM   #47
TheChaz
Scientist Salarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by treborillusion
Also, I took a retail course earlier this year, like January 2012... & I remember I got taught to give the change back as notes first then coins with the receipt.

That was something I had to learn and do, they had a mock shop floor with a cash register/till too - I actually remember, in order to pass, we had to do it right, and that was one of the things I had to do on that course, paper money first, coins second & receipt.

That's crazy that you took a whole class and they still have it wrong. Coins first, so the person can put the coins away while you're counting out the bills/notes to them. Also, if you don't make all your bills face the same way, you deserve to be slayed.
TheChaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:04 AM   #48
necrosis1193
Autonomatonomonapoton

Quote:

Here's a bridge.

Now get over it.

Baltimore Orioles: 52-42
York Capitals: 5-3
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 world champions, 2014: 1-1
2014 Pick 'Em: 19-13
necrosis1193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:47 AM   #49
MadClownDisease
Just a Turing Machine.

Yeah I think they usually give notes first so you keep track of your change.

If you pay with a tenner and expect 6.55 change (for example) and they start handing you coins first, you think "ermm.... I believe I'm owed at least a fiver?".

I'm not saying it's really confusing or anything, just if someone's counting out your change you expect them to hand you the big chunk of it first. It'd be easier the other way, aye, but somehoe that is indeed the order I expect it.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:15 AM   #50
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skynyrd890
Because muggers turn down somebody they're mugging when they see a debit card.

They take you debit card and you call your bank when they leave. Nothing was lost except the easily replaceable card.

Wouldn't hurt for you to think for 10 seconds before posting.
Originally Posted by Ian_the_fox
Hey man believe it or not I got other things in life to do aside from trolling assburger kids yaknow?

No you don't

lol
TunerAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:31 AM   #51
MadClownDisease
Just a Turing Machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TunerAddict
They take you debit card and you call your bank when they leave. Nothing was lost except the easily replaceable card.

Wouldn't hurt for you to think for 10 seconds before posting.

I think his point was you said "you're just asking to be mugged..." as if you wouldn't be mugged if you carried a card.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:35 AM   #52
Hydra150
not so cowardly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadClownDisease
I think his point was you said "you're just asking to be mugged..." as if you wouldn't be mugged if you carried a card.

Well, if they're watching you buy shit and see the cashier give you a 20 in your change they might act differently if they had seen you use a card.
I'd still find it annoying losing my card, takes forever to get a new one sent out in my experience.
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip_pepper
I'm not gonna post pics of my hot mom.
Hydra150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:42 AM   #53
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga

Quote:

If the mugger was watching you pay for shit, i.e. scouting, then you probably wouldn't.
Originally Posted by Ian_the_fox
Hey man believe it or not I got other things in life to do aside from trolling assburger kids yaknow?

No you don't

lol
TunerAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:19 AM   #54
MadClownDisease
Just a Turing Machine.

I guess muggers like to scout out around cash machines anyway, which is a combo and card+cash.
I prefer to carry my cash in a large wad, flashing it around wherever possible. Safest option really.

But in any case, the questions a bit besides the point, as I imagine most people carry both cash and cards in their wallet.

Personally though, I'd actually prefer my cash to be stolen than anything else in my wallet.
At most I carry about 20, and replacing IDs and cards is such a fuss.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:47 AM   #55
smmSTV

As a cashier it's a hell of a lot easier to hand the customer the cash first, cuz thats what i get out of the drawer first. I mean I could go the extra mile and give them the change first, but,my job doesn't pay me enough
smmSTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:49 AM   #56
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?

You have to give the customer the notes at the bottom because otherwise it could be seen as you trying to hide the amount of change you've given, which could cause issues. Plus, it also helps the cashier to make sure they're giving the correct amount of change.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:11 PM   #57
jazz_rock_feel
Micropolyphoner

Oh **** this is so annoying. Coins in general piss me off, it's been years since I've actually payed with coins, but when cashiers hand back paper first it makes me want to hit them so hard. It makes it impossible to handle when you're trying to balance the coins on top of the paper. It's not that difficult, you take one hand and give me the coins, then you take the other hand and give me the cash.

Generally cashiers do that though, it's only stupid noobs that hand back cash first.

Soundcloud. Look at it. Or don't.
jazz_rock_feel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:44 PM   #58
shredibanez24
Slaters gonna Slate

I just put the bills in my wallet and toss the coins in my pocket till I get into my car where I have a coin tray...hha

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearofthemark
10/10 Slater is amazing

Fender Deluxe Roadhouse Strat
Ibanez RG4EXFM1
Washburn D46S
Dunlop Original Crybaby Wah
Fulltone OCD Overdrive
Boss SD-1 Overdrive
MXR M-148 Micro Chorus
Jet City JCA2112RC 20W
shredibanez24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:29 PM   #59
TheChaz
Scientist Salarian

Quote:
Yeah I think they usually give notes first so you keep track of your change.

If you pay with a tenner and expect 6.55 change (for example) and they start handing you coins first, you think "ermm.... I believe I'm owed at least a fiver?".

I'm not saying it's really confusing or anything, just if someone's counting out your change you expect them to hand you the big chunk of it first. It'd be easier the other way, aye, but somehoe that is indeed the order I expect it.

It's like this. You take the proper amount of change in bills out of the register and keep those in your hand while you take out the change in coins. Hand over the coins and then count out the individual bills for the person.

For example: "Your change comes out to 15.76, here is your 76 cents, (while counting out the bills for them) 10, 15." You have now counted change in the best way possible.
TheChaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 03:32 PM   #60
treborillusion
UG Fanatic

Somebody once gave me a fake 20 for something worth 10, I knew right away that it was fake and I was gonna call him back but he jumped in a car and it pulled away, I was actually pissed and it wasn't my money or thing worth 10.

Rate This Thread: