Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-27-2012, 07:49 AM   #1
Waff
UG's Waffle

C4C - Metal

Switch to HD quality!

___

Hey guys, just need some fresh ears to take a listen here to make sure I haven't missed anything. Our ears start to adjust to things as we hear the same track over and over.

I won't be offended by anything harsh that anyone has to say. This is something I take seriously and I have a strong desire to get as good as possible.

Thanks.
Waff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 08:41 AM   #2
blazing riff

Hey man! Good track, i like the harmonies! I just think the melody of the guitars keeps repeating itself too much (Personally I like a track with loads of different riffs). Overall it's a good song, maybe one side note: Are the drums MIDI, cause i find they lack a bit of power/volume. Keep it up!

C4C? DM metal groove on my Profile; http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/...sic/play1154277
blazing riff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:21 AM   #3
JB95
I like taco

I like the lead theme, but be careful not to use it everywhere in the song so the listener gets tired of it. I also think you maybe could start the song in a little bit more calm manner, and rather build up to the main riff. In my opinion that would be really cool.
The picking pattern could have some variation, since what I hear is (na nananananana) repeat over and over again.
1:31 sound really cool with that chord progression going on.
2:17 I expected a powerfull riff to start here.
3:13 sound a bit messy since the snare drum pattern changes all the time in a wierd way.
4:55 a suggestion would be to experiment with some clean guitar here. In that way you create more variation and make the upcoming riff sound less sudden and random.
Try to have more different riff and lead ideas in your song, rather than messing around with tempo changes. And don't be afraid to experiment with not having the drums go in the background all the time. The lead could be absent at some sections in the song as well.
By the way, is there any bass here? I feel like there is a void in the mix.

C4C? http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1579524
JB95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:33 PM   #4
Waff
UG's Waffle

JB95:

Lol, there is bass. I cut the kick at 100 hz by about 4 db and boosted the bass at 100 hz also at 4 db.

I actually think this is the worst song I have on the album, and it's named after the band as well, which is another reason why I have an urge to make it better.

It was supposed to start with a clean intro! I have an entire intro written for it, but it ended up being incredibly long, to a point where it felt like it could've been an entirely different song. Still not sure what to do with it.

EDIT: The riff at 3:13 isn't out of time. It's just not conventional.

blazing riff:

I exported the drums into wav from midi to have more control. It's drumkit from hell.

The guitar is very percussive already, which made me feel that the drums should focus a bit more on the backbeat.

I'll crit both of your stuff on your respective pages.

Last edited by Waff : 12-27-2012 at 09:56 PM.
Old 12-29-2012, 04:46 AM   #5
Metal Turtle

I think this track is good, but i have to point out that you need a little more fills or more veriation for the drums as it sounds a tad repeatitive, it sounds like its following the guitar. sounds great mix wise though. also you cant hear the bass very much but i can tell its doing somthing pretty cool. The guitar sounds pretty cool as well but also a little repeatitive, i think if you changed the riffs up a bit more it would be perfect. . Also some smooth vocals would sound cool over this as well.

C4c? youtube.com/watch?v=31NkF540ek4

This is a work in progress but wanted your input on the song struchur so far, and does the mix sound to harsh? I did a small solo but wasnt sure if it sounded ok or not. Thanks metallica is my influence as for "sound"

Last edited by Metal Turtle : 12-29-2012 at 04:51 AM.
Metal Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:26 AM   #6
Waff
UG's Waffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Turtle
I think this track is good, but i have to point out that you need a little more fills or more veriation for the drums as it sounds a tad repeatitive, it sounds like its following the guitar. sounds great mix wise though. also you cant hear the bass very much but i can tell its doing somthing pretty cool. The guitar sounds pretty cool as well but also a little repeatitive, i think if you changed the riffs up a bit more it would be perfect. . Also some smooth vocals would sound cool over this as well.

C4c? youtube.com/watch?v=31NkF540ek4

This is a work in progress but wanted your input on the song struchur so far, and does the mix sound to harsh? I did a small solo but wasnt sure if it sounded ok or not. Thanks metallica is my influence as for "sound"

The arpegiated clean riff is out of tune. Check the intonation on your guitar and of course if the guitar's in tune. It's tough to tell with the solo because again, that guitar is NOT in tune. Fix it and then send me another link. You really do sound like AJFA era Metallica though.

On a side note, yeah, my drum programming on that song sucks. I honestly hate it. The crash is going on the whole time, and it shouldn't be. I just did it to fill up the space. The song was written with the intention of being instrumental.

Thanks for your critique though. I'm redoing the bass again, like re-writing some of the parts for it, and I'll turn it up in the mix this time. Also I'm hoping to change the drum programming a bit.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:39 AM   #7
Metal Turtle

Thanks man! I didnt notice it was out of tun, thanks for pointing it out! Also the Justice era is a very unique metal album. The sound of it sounds really cool to me. About the drums, if you need help figuring out what program to use, let me know!
Metal Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: