User Name  
Password
Search:

Closed Thread
Old 12-28-2012, 04:02 PM   #21
MaaZeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by LP1951
Yes, tis true, but Ibanez, Jackson and ESP continue to get their guitars stocked at Music stores. Why do no dealers stock Kramers? You would think that with all its clout, Gibson could get Kramers stocked. I've never seen a new Kramer in stock anywhere.

That is a good question. According to Kramer website they have a million dealers through the europe, but NONE of them had a single Kramer guitar in stock. Kinda sad because I fell in love with Nite V body shape the moment I saw it. Nice change of pace from both sharp pointy ones and boringly round Epi/Gibsons.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Peavey Valveking 100 MESA MOD

Line6 Pod X3
MaaZeus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:13 PM   #22
LP1951

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaaZeus
That is a good question. According to Kramer website they have a million dealers through the europe, but NONE of them had a single Kramer guitar in stock. Kinda sad because I fell in love with Nite V body shape the moment I saw it. Nice change of pace from both sharp pointy ones and boringly round Epi/Gibsons.

I did a store selector search for Tennessee and it listed Guitar Center in Nashville, but I visit that store about once a week and I have never seen a new Kramer in stock
Old 12-28-2012, 04:27 PM   #23
dannyalcatraz

I've seen the same thing happen with other brands as well (Godin, G&L, and Blade, for example)- they'll be listed as a retailer in the manufacturer's site, but the will be nothing in stock. Best advice: ask the store manager.

It might be that they only handle them via special orders or through their website.

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Last edited by dannyalcatraz : 12-28-2012 at 04:32 PM.
dannyalcatraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:43 PM   #24
MaaZeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyalcatraz
I've seen the same thing happen with other brands as well (Godin, G&L, and Blade, for example)- they'll be listed as a retailer in the manufacturer's site, but the will be nothing in stock. Best advice: ask the store manager.

It might be that they only handle them via special orders or through their website.

Yes, but I was talking about online dealers. I browsed through the websites (few UK and few German with english shops) and none of them even mentioned Kramer anywhere.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503

Line6 Pod X3
Old 12-28-2012, 04:49 PM   #25
LP1951

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyalcatraz

Good idea! Maybe if I ask the manager to see a Kramer every week, they'll stock one or two.

How does Gibson expect to sell those guitars if you can't find a demo anywhere in the World?

When I bought my FR422s wholesale from musicyo.com, Gibson had a 90 day return policy. I figured that if it was junk, I could return it and all I was out was shipping, so I bought one and I liked it so much I ordered 2 more. One had a great neck but the FR wasn't setup properly, so I took the neck off and put it on the keeper and then returned the other one to the plant in Nashville, so I didn't even have to pay for return shipping.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:29 PM   #26
Alucard817

I too like the newer Kramers (Striker 211 is sexy as hell) and these guitars can do a hell of a lot more than just hair metal. Newer Kramers are very versatile.

When I walk into the local GC all I see are damn Ibanez guitars. Gibson, Fenders, or hell even Deans are few in number, but theres a shit load of Ibanez guitars.

I really wish they would stock more Kramers and other "lesser known" companies guitars.

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Alucard817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:56 PM   #27
peskypesky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard817
When I walk into the local GC all I see are damn Ibanez guitars. Gibson, Fenders, or hell even Deans are few in number, but theres a shit load of Ibanez guitars.

Hmm. I usually see some Godins and Gretsches and Music Mans also.
peskypesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 05:58 PM   #28
dannyalcatraz

Quote:
Yes, but I was talking about online dealers. I browsed through the websites (few UK and few German with english shops) and none of them even mentioned Kramer anywhere.

I understand, but my statement still stands- try finding something like a Richmond (Godin) or Blade guitar, and you'll see the same thing. They have retailers listed on their site, with links, but when you go to the links, there's nary a Richmond or Blade in "site." I even contacted Richmond to verify that the guitar in question was still in production. So far, I've found it only at one store in Wisconsin.

I can't really explain it beyond maybe it could be that these brands are sold on special order only. Or that manufacturers and retailers are not updating their websites as frequently as they might.

FWIW, I've encountered the same thing with pickup companies. They'll list "X Brand" uses our pickups, but when you go looking, you can't see evidence of the claim. Or you can, and its a discontinued model. Or its an option that is buried in a host of other options.

Last edited by dannyalcatraz : 12-28-2012 at 06:15 PM.
Old 12-28-2012, 06:31 PM   #29
digman50
I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU <3

Quote:
Yes, tis true, but Ibanez, Jackson and ESP continue to get their guitars stocked at Music stores. Why do no dealers stock Kramers? You would think that with all its clout, Gibson could get Kramers stocked. I've never seen a new Kramer in stock anywhere.

That's because Ibanez, Jackson and ESP are all used by the random new metal bands and Asian people.

Who uses Kramer guitars?

The only guitarist I can think of is Satchel from Steel Panther.

Again, why Kramer when you can Charvel?

F.C. Porto - #4InARow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Evil11
Women don't work. They just hang out with snakes, eat apples and be *****s.

PSN: Skelly2608
PS4
digman50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:35 PM   #30
peskypesky

Quote:
Originally Posted by digman50

or Jackson?

Last edited by peskypesky : 12-28-2012 at 06:36 PM.
peskypesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:49 PM   #31
Alucard817

Quote:
Originally Posted by peskypesky
Hmm. I usually see some Godins and Gretsches and Music Mans also.

My local GC will stock the MM basses, but I've never seen a MM guitar there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by digman50

Quote:
Originally Posted by peskypesky
or Jackson?

Personal preference.

Old 12-28-2012, 06:53 PM   #32
TuningGamer
2 years and going strong

Quote:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/kramer_guitars.html

Guitars:
LTD Viper 100FM
Ibanez RG320PG P2 (For sale*)
Ibanez RGA32 (w/ IronGear pups)
Epiphone Pro-1

Amps:
Vox VT15
or
Vox Tonelab EX
- through -
Peavey KB-300

* = PM me for more details

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willowthewitch
The actual correct answer
TuningGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:57 PM   #33
dannyalcatraz

Just recently discovered Thomann's Guitar Lab- that's a handy tool!

Old 12-28-2012, 07:14 PM   #34
RockGuitarist09

I think every dealer than can get Gibson's can get Kramers. My local don't list them, but i went and asked and they ordered me a Kramer Pacer Classic. Great guitar, especially for the price.
RockGuitarist09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:22 PM   #35
LP1951

Personally I hate the Jackson necks. Ibanez are better, but my Kramers have the best necks of any of the guitars that I have tried.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:53 PM   #36
LP1951

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard817
I too like the newer Kramers (Striker 211 is sexy as hell) and these guitars can do a hell of a lot more than just hair metal. Newer Kramers are very versatile.

I really wish they would stock more Kramers and other "lesser known" companies guitars.

GC has had loads of Ibanez guitars for as long as I can remember and they promote the heck out of them. GC must have a super deal with Ibanez or maybe they own Ibanez stock shares.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:18 PM   #37
MaaZeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuningGamer

I stand corrected. But I was looking for V's when I searched for Kramers in Thomann, so thats why I didnt see them...

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503

Line6 Pod X3
Old 12-28-2012, 09:38 PM   #38
Alucard817

Quote:
Personally I hate the Jackson necks. Ibanez are better, but my Kramers have the best necks of any of the guitars that I have tried.

I'm not a fan of either personally. They feel too thin for my tastes, but my Kramer neck is buttery goodness.
Quote:
GC has had loads of Ibanez guitars for as long as I can remember and they promote the heck out of them. GC must have a super deal with Ibanez or maybe they own Ibanez stock shares.

I think GC is catering to all the hype and fanboys.

Old 12-29-2012, 12:44 AM   #39
Maximus_2005

What makes these Kramer necks so good?

Quote:
"tubetime86"
This wasnt even a cool story... Bro.
Maximus_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:06 AM   #40
peskypesky

Quote: