Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-28-2012, 08:04 PM   #1
Aralingh
Intelligent person

Original cinematic

I will be uploading the original cinematic music I write to this thread, I plan on writing a lot and rather than make a new thread every time, I decided to just use one. I do not include video accompaniment or bother coming up with relevant song titles. Criticize if you wish- I will respond, I plan on uploading something new as soon as I finish the composition.

Last edited by Aralingh : 02-03-2013 at 07:12 AM.
Aralingh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:10 PM   #2
Skyvalve2012

Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. Oddly enough, sounds something like I would make.

Amazing piece, great job!
Skyvalve2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 08:12 PM   #3
Aralingh
Intelligent person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyvalve2012
Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. Oddly enough, sounds something like I would make.

Amazing piece, great job!

Thank you, since it's holiday season, I will be trying to release something every day, I've already a few almost-finished compositions in the similar style of songwriting, though covering a slightly different theme.
Old 12-28-2012, 08:17 PM   #4
Skyvalve2012

Awesome! I'll be looking foward to it!
Skyvalve2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 02:38 PM   #5
Aralingh
Intelligent person

Youtube is screwing with my formats so I'll be uploading all future compositions to soundcloud, I've a really busy university term so I am unable to write a lot of material.

I did manage to re-mix the 3rd one finally.

https://soundcloud.com/aralingh/original-cinematic-0003

https://soundcloud.com/aralingh/original-cinematic-0002

https://soundcloud.com/aralingh/original-cinematic-0001
Old 03-25-2013, 05:14 PM   #6
Voda La Void

It is beautiful and captivating for the first 2 minutes, then I found myself losing interest as the song never seemed to..progress...or change or develop into anything more. It just seemed to perpetually tread water. It could be because it's not a genre I have any experience in myself so, my opinion may not be worth much.

I have this same problem, in terms of songwriting. Good luck.
Voda La Void is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:03 AM   #7
Aralingh
Intelligent person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voda La Void
It is beautiful and captivating for the first 2 minutes, then I found myself losing interest as the song never seemed to..progress...or change or develop into anything more. It just seemed to perpetually tread water. It could be because it's not a genre I have any experience in myself so, my opinion may not be worth much.

I have this same problem, in terms of songwriting. Good luck.

Which one are you specifically referring to?

Regardless, though, you are somewhat right. Many of these tracks follow a specific theme without straying far ahead in terms of dynamics. I do plan on writing some diverse tracks, but I still like these ones as well. The point of this is to maintain the themes' integrity, if it is necessary.

It's not really a problem, just how I wanted the tracks to be shaped. I do try not to over-repeat parts, and if I do, I usually make sure that there are enough underlying elements to enjoy it, but, generally I like ambient tracks that provide a themed background, I personally don't experience any boredom in listening to similar tracks.

Rate This Thread: