Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Tab Talk
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-29-2012, 03:38 PM   #1
DeluZionZz

Good songs

Ok, I come to UG a lot; and i have run out of music that i like to play because i can play them now or play bits of em. Anyway my problem is i cant find any good tabs for songs im interested in; can anyone help me or suggest a few songs?

I like Muse, Nirvana, and quite a lot of classic rock so anything around them styles would be better

Thanks!
Del
DeluZionZz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:36 PM   #2
sroze478

Nirvana is usually pretty simple, if not necessarily easy, stuff. Muse are some of my favorite songs to play...Hysteria, Plug in Baby, Supermassive Black Hole, those are some damn fun songs. Along the lines of Nirvana, you could check out other grunge/punk stuff (blink-182 is pretty fun, Sum 41). Similar to Muse would be stuff like Radiohead (Airbag is quite a lot of fun!) or the Strokes (Reptilia) or Arctic Monkeys (Do Me A Favour). Also, I'm a big fan of Red Hot Chili Peppers, John Frusciante is probably my favorite modern guitarist. A lot of their songs are in easy keys and their style runs the gamut from funk to folksy to alt to hard rock...some of my favorites are Easily, Scar Tissue, Readymade, Turn It Again, The Zephyr Song...well really I love most of them but those are the fun ones to play that I can think of right now. I'm also a big fan of the Foo Fighters (some drop-D stuff) and Weezer, both of which have a lot of great intermediate-level songs to learn. (If you haven't picked up on it yet, 90s rock is where it's at!) Also you could learn some of the classic rock stuff like Led Zeppelin (Black Dog, Tangerine), some Boston (Foreplay/Long Time!), Pink Floyd (Wish You Were Here, Have A Cigar)...well that oughta get you started. Have fun! After all, that's the most important part of playing
sroze478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:36 PM   #3
cubbies4life

a lot of Nirvana's unplugged stuff is fairly easy to play if you're into that
cubbies4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:09 PM   #4
Nero Galon
Alright, Alright, Alright

Pearl Jam, Alice In Chains, Pixies, Smashing Pumpkins, Sonic Youth, Dinosaur Jr., All pretty close to grunge...
Nero Galon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 06:07 AM   #5
DeluZionZz

sounds like some good suggestions
Yeah 90's rock is definitely the way to go, even though all the rest of my friends are into that Nicki Minaj and Dance music crap, im sticking with the 90's.

Anyway thanks for the suggestions, I think i got a busy day ahead of me learning them then

Thanks

Last edited by DeluZionZz : 12-30-2012 at 06:09 AM.
DeluZionZz is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: