Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Gear Building & Customizing
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-30-2012, 10:52 AM   #1
joshuallen

EMG 89 alternate wiring

I saw the diagram for the EMG 89 wiring (http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru....php?t=1254306), but I'm not confident in my ability to read the diagram and have a question on it. Basically, I don't have the fancy push/pull pot the 89 came with, but I do have an extra SPDT switch and I'm wondering if there is a way to wire that to the pickup to do the job of coil splitting for me. The previous owner of the 89 rewired it so that all the wires not lead to a 2-prong connector, so I have it wired directly to the hub at the moment just like it was an 85, so I think it would be easy to snip that, save the two-prong quick connector if needed, and wire the 89 to my switch, but I'm not sure how exactly to do that. Just a quick glance at that diagram, it looks like I want the white coming in one side and the green the other, with the middle going to the hub, maybe?

Just to be clear, I'm looking for wiring an EMG 89 (neck) and 81x (bridge) to a 3-way selector switch to choose neck/both/bridge, and also with a 2-way switch to choose coil tap/humbucker, with a master volume only. Although, now that I mention that, I'd also be fine with the three-way doing neck/coil tap/bridge, since I never use the middle position anyway, if that's easier. Let me know what you guys think.
joshuallen is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: