Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 12-30-2012, 12:20 PM   #1
JustRooster
Organ Donor
 
JustRooster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Too much playa hatin'.

I've recently happened upon an idea whilst conversing with my colleagues. The subject of many frustrations and outrage seem not to be systems and actual spread issues, but upon people with a focus of affixing blame. For example, everyone gave Romney a lot of flak for investing overseas rather than in America to avoid having to claim the resulting income for taxation reasons. I know that if I were a millionaire, I'd do whatever I could to save my invested money. He's just playing the game, homies.

There are plenty of examples. I just wanted to start a discussion on this discourse. What do you think, Pit? Stop hatin' the playa, hate the game.



"Hate the sin and love the sinner." - Blake
__________________

BUCKY

Last edited by JustRooster : 12-30-2012 at 01:12 PM.
JustRooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:21 PM   #2
willT08
UG Addict
 
willT08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: waiting for milk
No I think the problem was how he was investing overseas whilst trying to make out he loved American business.
__________________
Rim, don't RIM
willT08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:22 PM   #3
JustRooster
Organ Donor
 
JustRooster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by willT08
No I think the problem was how he was investing overseas whilst trying to make out he loved American business.



That's just the game, man. That's just the game.
__________________

BUCKY
JustRooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:23 PM   #4
willT08
UG Addict
 
willT08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: waiting for milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRooster
That's just the game, man. That's just the game.

No, that's the playa. If he'd said "I think American business sucks, hence me putting all my money overseas" I would have respected him a lot more. He was playing the game, he just wasn't an honest person.

EDIT: Also, "Hate the sin and love the sinner." is nearly as dumb as "Turn the other cheek"
__________________
Rim, don't RIM
willT08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:23 PM   #5
TunerAddict
Real Ass Nigga
 
TunerAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bing, bitch
This thread is bad, and you should feel bad. You dirty the prestige that we G&L owners look to uphold.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by willT08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_the_fox
Hey man believe it or not I got other things in life to do aside from trolling assburger kids yaknow?


No you don't

lol
TunerAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:24 PM   #6
Don't Panic Ok?
Clive Dunn
 
Don't Panic Ok?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Walmington-on-Sea
Bitches look like a skittles box.
__________________

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
Don't Panic Ok? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:28 PM   #7
JustRooster
Organ Donor
 
JustRooster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by willT08
No, that's the playa. If he'd said "I think American business sucks, hence me putting all my money overseas" I would have respected him a lot more. He was playing the game, he just wasn't an honest person.

EDIT: Also, "Hate the sin and love the sinner." is nearly as dumb as "Turn the other cheek"



Seems like you just straight out admitted to being a hating the playa, knowing that he was only playing the game.
__________________

BUCKY
JustRooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:30 PM   #8
willT08
UG Addict
 
willT08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: waiting for milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRooster
Seems like you just straight out admitted to being a hating the playa, knowing that he was only playing the game.

He wasn't playing it honestly being my problem.
__________________
Rim, don't RIM
willT08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:31 PM   #9
Deliriumbassist
UG's only DB
 
Deliriumbassist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Presidential Palace
Quote:
Originally Posted by willT08
He wasn't playing it honestly being my problem.


Like Suarez and Bale.
__________________
YES! YES! YES!

Deliriumbassist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:32 PM   #10
willT08
UG Addict
 
willT08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: waiting for milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliriumbassist
Like Suarez and Bale.

Yeah except Suarez is playing a blinder right now so I don't care about him.
__________________
Rim, don't RIM
willT08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:35 PM   #11
Deliriumbassist
UG's only DB
 
Deliriumbassist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Presidential Palace
Quote:
Originally Posted by willT08
Yeah except Suarez is playing a blinder right now so I don't care about him.


So there only be playa hatin' when the playa isn't good at t'game? Dual standards, brah.
__________________
YES! YES! YES!

Deliriumbassist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:37 PM   #12
ali.guitarkid7
A techno beat
 
ali.guitarkid7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lacrimosa soos a mal naaier
So I should love the dictator and hate the genocide? I should love the child rapist and hate the child rape? I should love the murderer and hate the murder? If someone stole a large sum from me and ruined my life, I should just hate that he stole but appreciate him as a "playa"?



No thank you.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickman411
We're all the best except for Ali.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadsmileyface
yeah russia is pretty shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronicuh
This is extremely serious.
ali.guitarkid7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:41 PM   #13
theogonia777
Professional Musician
 
theogonia777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Backwoods
My main gripe with Mitt Romney is that Mitt isn't a real name. How can I trust a man that doesn't have a real first name to lead the country? Then again, Barack isn't really a real name either. At least Barack sounds like it could be a real first name somewhere, unlike Mitt which could only be a real first name in Baseballland. Baseballland isn't even a real place, which is just as bad as Mitt not being a real first name, but it's even worse because it has three letter Ls in a row. I can't trust a word with three letter Ls in a row, so I certainly can't trust a man that has a first name that could only be a real first name in a place that not only isn't real but also has three letter Ls in a row in it's name.

Therefore I can't trust Mitt Romney.
__________________
To die without leaving a corpse... That is the way of us Garo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolmnt
That's right I have a four inch penis.


Now you have no excuse... | On Toni Loomi - Pink Floyd and Jazz

Last edited by theogonia777 : 12-30-2012 at 12:46 PM.
theogonia777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:47 PM   #14
flame843
stop the munati
 
flame843's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: stop
Quote:
Originally Posted by theogonia777
My main gripe with Mitt Romney is that Mitt isn't a real name. How can I trust a man that doesn't have a real first name to lead the country? Then again, Barack isn't really a real name either. At least Barack sounds like it could be a real first name somewhere, unlike Mitt which could only be a real first name in Baseballland. Baseballland isn't even a real place, which is just as bad as Mitt not being a real first name, but it's even worse because it has three letter Ls in a row. I can't trust a word with three letter Ls in a row, so I certainly can't trust a man that has a first name that could only be a real first name in a place that not only isn't real but also has three letter Ls in a row in it's name.

Therefore I can't trust Mitt Romney.


Mitt isn't a real first name; his actual first name is Willard, which doesn't sound much more like a real name than Mitt does, anyway.
flame843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:49 PM   #15
theogonia777
Professional Musician
 
theogonia777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Backwoods
Quote:
Originally Posted by flame843
Mitt isn't a real first name; his actual first name is Willard, which doesn't sound much more like a real name than Mitt does, anyway.


And you expect be to trust a man that doesn't even use his real first name?
__________________
To die without leaving a corpse... That is the way of us Garo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolmnt
That's right I have a four inch penis.


Now you have no excuse... | On Toni Loomi - Pink Floyd and Jazz
theogonia777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 12:55 PM   #16
JustRooster
Organ Donor
 
JustRooster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali.guitarkid7
So I should love the dictator and hate the genocide? I should love the child rapist and hate the child rape? I should love the murderer and hate the murder? If someone stole a large sum from me and ruined my life, I should just hate that he stole but appreciate him as a "playa"?



No thank you.



Are you implying that rape and genocide are games?
__________________

BUCKY
JustRooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:00 PM   #17
willT08
UG Addict
 
willT08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: waiting for milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRooster
Are you implying that rape and genocide are games?

I think that was more concerned with Gandhi's "Hate the sin, love the sinner" bollocks
__________________
Rim, don't RIM
willT08 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:05 PM   #18
Eastwinn
provenance&provenience
 
Eastwinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Annapolis, MD
gandhi didn't say that. and further more, mitt is indefensible.
Eastwinn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:08 PM   #19
magnus_maximus
lord of the files
 
magnus_maximus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: behind you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastwinn
gandhi didn't say that. and further more, mitt is indefensible.

This chap gets it.
__________________
captain cabinets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaoxi
Well then I am the gayest pedophile.
magnus_maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:09 PM   #20
blake1221
‭‭
 
blake1221's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
I said it. And I am defensible.


Come, brethren, at me.
blake1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:02 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.