Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-31-2012, 04:06 AM   #41
vince--hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcz

No. It has a volume knob.

K and what do you mean by seams legit i am 14 and the reason i have many 18 year old friends is because i have an older sister that hangs around. With people who play metal rock.
vince--hey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:18 AM   #42
vince--hey

I just want to say thanks to everyone who influenced my decisions i think i am going to get the peavey vypyr 75 wat amp. If you have any other suggestions its never too late to say it
Old 12-31-2012, 06:05 AM   #43
mikeYekim
Curses & Cranberries!!

if anyone is making fun of you for having a starter amp, call them a douche and kick em in the balls. They may seem old to you right now but they seem like a bunch of immature (and spoiled, 2,000 dollar amps?? When I was a teenager the money I made from my job went towards a car and gas money, not expensive gear) kids to me, they'll grow up in a few years. You'll do fine with a Vypyr, theyre one of the better modelling amps out there (along with the Roland Cube). Play that thing until you've got yourself a job and can save up for a nice tube amp, by then your playing will have improved and you'll appreciate it a lot more anyway.

The Legion
mikeYekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:01 AM   #44
ragingkitty
meow?

I stuck with my crappy Crate Flexwave amp until I was 23 (that's 5 years). I only got my first really good amp when I was 28.

Look man, you need to get your priorities straight, are you getting an amp because you want a better tone, or are you getting a new amp to fit in with he big boys.

If yours sister hangs out with dudes that play metal, then I think there's a problem. Didn't anyone of the advise her against a MT2? If they advised her to get it, I'm not quite sure if they know what good tone is.

For the record, a MT2 can be improved with mods from makers like Keeley or Monte Allums.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
ragingkitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:24 PM   #45
vince--hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingkitty
I stuck with my crappy Crate Flexwave amp until I was 23 (that's 5 years). I only got my first really good amp when I was 28.

Look man, you need to get your priorities straight, are you getting an amp because you want a better tone, or are you getting a new amp to fit in with he big boys.

If yours sister hangs out with dudes that play metal, then I think there's a problem. Didn't anyone of the advise her against a MT2? If they advised her to get it, I'm not quite sure if they know what good tone is.

For the record, a MT2 can be improved with mods from makers like Keeley or Monte Allums.

im getting an amp because i love playing guitar and i feel like its something that is going to stick with me forever, and the only person who advised her of getting it, is the guy at the store. how do you mod a pedal, is it cheap
Old 12-31-2012, 03:30 PM   #46
vince--hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeYekim
if anyone is making fun of you for having a starter amp, call them a douche and kick em in the balls. They may seem old to you right now but they seem like a bunch of immature (and spoiled, 2,000 dollar amps?? When I was a teenager the money I made from my job went towards a car and gas money, not expensive gear) kids to me, they'll grow up in a few years. You'll do fine with a Vypyr, theyre one of the better modelling amps out there (along with the Roland Cube). Play that thing until you've got yourself a job and can save up for a nice tube amp, by then your playing will have improved and you'll appreciate it a lot more anyway.

ya you are right and i think thats what im going to do. and its pretty much my sister that rubs it in that she has friends with really expensive amp, but what does she know
Old 12-31-2012, 03:44 PM   #47
vince--hey

does anyone know if this is a good deal http://montreal.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and...QAdIdZ443571332
Old 12-31-2012, 04:36 PM   #48
Alphaform

Dude those are just cabinets not amps.
Alphaform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 05:22 PM   #49
vince--hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaform
Dude those are just cabinets not amps.

k.
Old 01-01-2013, 03:44 AM   #50
Volcz
The Vox Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by vince--hey
k.

Just go with the Vypyr. At this stage of learning guitar, a combo will be much less complicated for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eppicurt
Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedInTheRain
hey, be nice to the hipster.
I hear they use false bypass switches.

It's, like, so ironic.
Volcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:01 AM   #51
minieme007

I'm just gonna throw a suggestion in here, my second amp was a Randall RG40 which I believe can be had for around $300 Aus, which would be less in the US, I dunno about Canada though. I've kept it for a fair while, and it's pretty decent for what I assume to be your second amp, in my opinion of course. Go to your local store and try it along with the other suggestions, and just see which you like the sound of best, the only way to do it.
minieme007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 04:21 AM   #52
vince--hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by minieme007
I'm just gonna throw a suggestion in here, my second amp was a Randall RG40 which I believe can be had for around $300 Aus, which would be less in the US, I dunno about Canada though. I've kept it for a fair while, and it's pretty decent for what I assume to be your second amp, in my opinion of course. Go to your local store and try it along with the other suggestions, and just see which you like the sound of best, the only way to do it.

Yes. I have figured out what i will do. I will bring my guitar to the store i go to change my strings because its been a year and a half the last time i changed them and hope its noot to busy. If its not busy i will talk to the employe and ask for his suggestion i will then go to the back of the store and try every amp that is in my budget

Rate This Thread: