Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-31-2012, 08:47 AM   #1
Jready

Post There is no light at the end of the tunnel

http://jaredshaw.bandcamp.com/track...d-of-the-tunnel

This is the first recording I've released online. Asides from this, I'm working on a 10 track album of the Death Metal genre that I'm aiming to release before the end of winter. I hope you like it.
Jready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:54 AM   #2
Greendaz

Hm... Is this a song? I don't know, I quess the acoustic part sounds good but altogether feels weird. Unless if it is an opening part. Anyway, I'm waiting for the whole album to see how that sounds like. Gotta notice though that I don't like death metal so don't take my opinion seriously...
Greendaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 11:20 AM   #3
Ich 666

Your playing sounds kind of sloppy, especially in the (looped?) first part of the song, it just sounds out of time to me. You really need to concentrate on the timing; if you want to double your guitar parts make sure they're played tight. Also watch your bends, practise using a tuner to improve them.

The Arrangement sounded weird, althought i havent yet discovered how to make different parts of a song go together myself, so I cant really comment on this further than "this sounds weird".

Re-reading my post this sounds kind of harsh, but I hope my feedback is going to help you improve, that said, practise on and have a happy new years eve
Ich 666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:33 PM   #4
DancesWithSheep
Muchacho Moderno

I like the effects on the guitar at the end - and the overall riff idea in nice enough. The previous reviews hit the nail on the head production wise - but I see this as an idea track that will later be scrapped and rerecorded when the piece has further developed.

I would appreciate a listen to my drivel -

https://soundcloud.com/dances-with-...nd-of-the-funky

Keep Rockin'!

DWS

Last edited by DancesWithSheep : 12-31-2012 at 02:22 PM.
DancesWithSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:52 PM   #5
Poisonouspot

I loved the intro riff, just as it was about to get a bit repetitive the chorusy acoustic part fitted in nicely, I thought the electric guitar lead over the acoustic part was a bit too gainy but thats preference, The ending is nice and I love the fading guitar,
Overall its a great song and I think the title really suits it
Happy new Year!
Poisonouspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:08 AM   #6
mattmakaha

I like the chord progression in the beginning of your song. I also liked both of your rhythm guitar tones--both the clean and the crunch/distorted rhythm guitar tones. But to me, the distorted tone doesn't work so well as the lead guitar tone. Maybe it's because there's no reverb or delay on it, maybe that would make the lead guitar sound a little better. I mean there's nothing wrong with a totally dry lead sound, but maybe in this case, it would sound a little better.

Which brings me to my next point. It sounds like it's in mono. Or maybe everything is panned to the center? I'm not sure what recording equipment you are using, but it might sound a little better if you could somehow spread out the sounds more in the left/right stereo field. I'm not sure what kind of effects pedals/racks you use, and I haven't bought any new modern effects in a long time so I'm not quite sure what's available now, but from the effects I used to buy, if you get like a reverb pedal, it should have two outputs, a left and right out which will give you a nice stereo image on your multitrack recorder (assuming you're using a multitrack recorder).
mattmakaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 09:14 PM   #7
professorlamp

I think the intro is a bit sloppy and the whole thing could benefit from other instrumentation apart from guitars. Maybe some bass and drums?

I can't really give it a proper listen at the moment as I'm currently listening to it through my television, haha.

All I can really suggest is work on the song itself and the production will come slightly easier, at the moment it's the songwriting that needs the attention and not the engineering of sounds.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:33 PM   #8
saladforkspear

Location: a place in a little town, the only way to get there is to go straight down
hey mr. jready, i heard your song :P it's not hard to listen to but if you'd not be offended by my saying so, the end bit should be stronger ..i'm thinking a 'songs are like sex' metaphor would fit here...

i've got a point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pr0gNut
No,they're to high end for me.I usually just walk into a random building and scream "FIX MY BANJO NOW!!!!" until they hit me with sticks and call the police.

TSHM.
saladforkspear is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: