Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Gear Building & Customizing
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-06-2013, 04:36 PM   #21
mark.bark
Laugh often and sleep in

Did not notice the pictures... but all those chips will probably just sand off and out, i doubt youll need wood filler

Your nut looks like my granny when she smiles, replace that

Cheap way to get gold hardware... just buy a tin of spray paint and go to town on all the bits

And good luck with the active pickups, you;ll need to find somewhere to hide a battery.
mark.bark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:06 PM   #22
jjfeu662
Celestia

Don't want to make another thread for this, but how would I adjust the truss rod for low tunings? I've been getting some fret buzz playing in baritone/drop A tuning. 12-60 strings.

Also, would Grover 505 Locking Mini Rotomatic tuners be a fit for the Gotoh GS381 tuners I currently have?
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs
ALL HAIL CELESTIA
jjfeu662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 05:30 PM   #23
mark.bark
Laugh often and sleep in

Mate, these are really specific questions that would require me to have both parts and measure the dimensions to see if they match. My advice, buy them, try it, if they don't fit return them or sell them on. Or if the sizes are given on the manufactures website, just compare them

For the truss rod take of the cover and turn it. Righty tighty lefty loosey. Then let it settle and try it out.

But does the rod even need adjusted or is your action too low?

If your neck bows either in or out, truss rod
If your neck is straight, but the action is too low, sort the bridge.
mark.bark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 07:33 PM   #24
W4RP1G
Please, call me Pig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfeu662
Don't want to make another thread for this, but how would I adjust the truss rod for low tunings? I've been getting some fret buzz playing in baritone/drop A tuning. 12-60 strings.

This is how I check the truss rod. I fret the first and last fret, then look at the gap between the 6th string and 9th fret wire. I get roughly about credit card's thickness. Then adjust the back tension until I start to get buzzing on the lower frets. That's when I stop and back it off just a bit to get rid of the buzz. I do all of this in the playing position.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfeu662
Also, would Grover 505 Locking Mini Rotomatic tuners be a fit for the Gotoh GS381 tuners I currently have?

They look like they were designed to replace a Gotoh style tuner, but I don't know for sure since I've never used them. I'd email Grover, or maybe contact a good ebay seller who sells both(I've had good luck with instrument stores on ebay).
W4RP1G is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: