Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Musician Talk > Singing & Vocals
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-31-2012, 08:26 PM   #1
Descendent-182
RancidPunk

Review my voice (crit 4 crit)

Hey guys, If you would like me to review your vocals or anything musical you would like to share I will be more then willing. Just shoot me a link! I have been singing for 7 years and I started singing punk rock and Reggae music along the lines of Sublime, Rancid, Blink 182 and lately I have started taking formal lessons and it has helped tremendously. As time progressed I have gotten into way more styles like RnB, Jazz, Rock and I have been getting into a lot of Hip-hop. My band, Half Chance Heroes is alternative/reggae/hip-hop band based out of Alberta, Canada and we have toured nationally, released a full length album, two music vids and shared the stage with Said the Whale and The Trews. I'm 19 years old. Please let me know what you think. I'll leave the latest song we have released. peace.

Growing Pains - (Official Studio Video)

With an irresistible blend of reggae induced hip-hop and catchy pop-punk hooks, Half Chance Heroes captivates audiences with their unique sound and energetic stage show. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8bSU0u8uvM
Descendent-182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:33 PM   #2
HotspurJr

One little thing: you've got 20-seconds of credits before the song starts. No. Cut the lightning-bolt title card. If you insist on having other credits, then can overlap with the song, go AFTER the song, or go (more subtly) over the video itself.

But you're going to lose a ton of views in those 20 seconds. A ton. I know it's only 20 seconds - but in the online world that's a lifetime. If you ONLY had the lightning-bolt title card (which lasts 9 seconds or so) I'd have told you it was far too long.

Imagine if when you listened to the radio or spotify, there was 20 seconds of dead air before every song. You'd never put up with that, right? But that's what you're doing here. If you must have pre-song credits, have no sound over them, and no longer than three seconds. Not 7. Not five. Three. By the end of second three I should be listening to the performance.

I think we've complimented you here on the music before. It's good. Keep it up.
HotspurJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:18 PM   #3
Descendent-182
RancidPunk

Thanks a lot for the advice dude. That makes a lot of sense!
With an irresistible blend of reggae induced hip-hop and catchy pop-punk hooks, Half Chance Heroes captivates audiences with their unique sound and energetic stage show. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8bSU0u8uvM
Descendent-182 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: