Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-01-2013, 03:55 AM   #1
terribleguitar
Really terrible guitarist

Double Fuzz Day!

Hello! So Today I've got two great fuzz pedals. Fuzz Factory is a present from my grandmother and grandfather (thanks!), while the Big Muff is a present from my mother (thank you too!). I'm extremely happy, which is funny because a year ago I couldn't stand fuzz pedals!

These pedals are completely different animals.

First, the Big Muff. Very simple, easy to get a good sound straight out of the box. Very fat and very compressed, guitars really start to sound like electric violins with this pedal. And thanks to the insane compression, the sustain is really amazing and harmonics are very strong. Makes me want to play rock like Dinosaur Jr, Stone Temple Pilots etc. Looks like this is the pedal I will keep till I die.

Next, the Fuzz Factory. That's a wild pedal, its sound can easily become uncontrollable and super noisy if used with "wrong" settings. It is also dependable on many factors like source of energy, energy left in the battery (if you're using batteries, of course, and I think thats a better idea because batteries in this pedal last for years and produce less noise), and settings on your amp. While the Big Muff sounds best with amplifiers' pre-amp overdriven, the Fuzz Factory likes to be played through a clean amp. Many settings on this pedal sound crappy, but on the other hand, some sound absolutely brilliant. Sludge/Drone metal tunes sound awesome on the Fuzz Factory.
terribleguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:18 AM   #2
AWACS
I want all of the things

HNPD! Sound clips?

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212
Strymon Timeline
Dunlop CryBaby
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronic Corona
AWACS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:30 AM   #3
terribleguitar
Really terrible guitarist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWACS
HNPD! Sound clips?

Not yet! But I hope I will record something soon. I still need some time to understand the knobs on the Fuzz Factory.
terribleguitar is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: