User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-02-2013, 06:32 PM   #41
Arby911
Finding the Pattern

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaiura
And Rayge, if someone is ignorant enough to provoke a law enforcement officer, they deserve whatever wrath the officer subjects him to.

Really?

That's.......pretty stupid.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:32 PM   #42
zaiura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butt Rayge
I don't give a cuntsuck how many swear words you use.

Then how did you misunderstand the original point?

Why, Arby?
zaiura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:34 PM   #43
Joshua Garcia
[vague user title]

The worst it could count as is a threat. Which, in my opinion, raising a finger on a hand isn't very threatening.
Joshua Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:35 PM   #44
Butt Rayge
UG Resident

Quote:
Then how did you misunderstand the original point?

Why, Arby?

Now you think that the fact I disagree with your support of violence toward hand gestures is simply a misunderstanding? What exactly is it that you think I don't understand?
Butt Rayge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:39 PM   #45
zaiura

Quote:
Now you think that the fact I disagree with your support of violence toward hand gestures is simply a misunderstanding? What exactly is it that you think I don't understand?

I'm referencing your original response to my spew, mate. And I have to say, I don't exactly support violence, I'm just not shocked when it results from a stupid decision.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:42 PM   #46
Arby911
Finding the Pattern

Quote:
Why, Arby?

Why would you cede to anyone the right to beat your ass if you offended them?

Maybe he doesn't like how you look, how you talk, where you're from? Offense/Provocation can be taken about nearly anything if one is so inclined.

Officer: Hey! Did you see what color that car was that just took off out of here?

You: No, I was looking the other way and didn't see it.

Officer: You lying piece of shit, you're probably a friend of the driver's..whack, whack whack.....etc.

You: (Waking in hospital) Hey, why am I in a body cast?

Orderly: You provoked a cop, you're lucky we didn't just leave you on the street you scumbag!

Any other questions?
Old 01-02-2013, 06:42 PM   #47
TooktheAtrain
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whywefight
Don't get too uptight about the specifics, he was just saying to treat him like a professional, the same way you'd treat doctors and teachers.

I treat them like any other person, car mechanic, nurse, professor or garbageman. I don't see why basic human respect and decency should change for police. They're servants of the public, we aren't subordinate to them.
TooktheAtrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:42 PM   #48
snipelfritz
UG's Beautiful Butterfly

Old 01-02-2013, 06:43 PM   #49
Butt Rayge
UG Resident

Quote:
I'm referencing your original response to my spew, mate. And I have to say, I don't exactly support violence, I'm just not shocked when it results from a stupid decision.

I didn't take issue with your swear words, just the fact that somehow in the process of writing (and then counting) them you lost track of what you were trying to say. Have you even read over what you wrote?
Old 01-02-2013, 06:43 PM   #50
Nelshizzle
Find a place and go there

So if I tell you two to play nice, will you have to flip me off and will I have to ban you two?

Lay off the vulgarity and keep the discussion civil. This isnt a democracy with a constitution and I will warn/ban you Butt Rayge/zaiura.

This is an unofficial warning.

Not enough action

Too much action

Not enough thoughts
Nelshizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:46 PM   #51
zaiura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arby911
Why would you cede to anyone the right to beat your ass if you offended them?

Maybe he doesn't like how you look, how you talk, where you're from? Offense/Provocation can be taken about nearly anything if one is so inclined.

Officer: Hey! Did you see what color that car was that just took off out of here?

You: No, I was looking the other way and didn't see it.

Officer: You lying piece of shit, you're probably a friend of the driver's..whack, whack whack.....etc.

You: (Waking in hospital) Hey, why am I in a body cast?

Orderly: You provoked a cop, you're lucky we didn't just leave you on the street you scumbag!

Any other questions?

Congratulations, you've got a multi-million dollar law suit there, mate. Sure, your quality if living is terrible now, but at least this wasn't a strawman argument, and just an irrational what if. I'd consider it on a more pertinent light if had to do with my original point, about flipping off a police officer, not possibly looking like a dirtbag or a stranger.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:47 PM   #52
Butt Rayge
UG Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsean
So if I tell you two to play nice, will you have to flip me off and will I have to ban you two?

Lay off the vulgarity and keep the discussion civil. This isnt a democracy with a constitution and I will warn/ban you Butt Rayge/zaiura.

This is an unofficial warning.

But but but he thinks police have the right to beat up anybody who offends them with a harmless hand gesture. He's the bad guy, not me.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:48 PM   #53
whywefight
pray I pray I pray

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooktheAtrain
I treat them like any other person, car mechanic, nurse, professor or garbageman. I don't see why basic human respect and decency should change for police. They're servants of the public, we aren't subordinate to them.

I don't see how acknowledging anyone as 'Sir' automatically makes you subordinate to them as a person. I've always seen 'Sir' as basically just a noun of respect.
whywefight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:51 PM   #54
Nelshizzle
Find a place and go there

Quote:
But but but he thinks police have the right to beat up anybody who offends them with a harmless hand gesture. He's the bad guy, not me.

Just no cursing at each other. Lol @ me doing this and the thread is exactly about this.

Not enough action

Too much action

Not enough thoughts
Nelshizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:51 PM   #55
TooktheAtrain
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whywefight
I don't see how acknowledging anyone as 'Sir' automatically makes you subordinate to them as a person. I've always seen 'Sir' as basically just a noun of respect.

Oh, must be an American-English thing then. The only people you call 'sir' over here are those with knighthoods of some sort.
TooktheAtrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:52 PM   #56
whywefight
pray I pray I pray

Quote:
Just no cursing at each other. Lol @ me doing this and the thread is exactly about this.

Now we see the violence inherent in the system! Repression! Repression!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooktheAtrain
Oh, must be an American-English thing then. The only people you call 'sir' over here are those with knighthoods of some sort.

It really isn't used in America much at all. When I hear it used in everyday language here, its typically just something courteous to say, like to an elderly man while you open the door for him or something of the like

Last edited by whywefight : 01-02-2013 at 06:55 PM.
whywefight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:53 PM   #57
zaiura

Quote:

Close enough, I guess. And sure thing, Nelsean.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:54 PM   #58
Butt Rayge
UG Resident

Quote:

The irony is not lost on me.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:59 PM   #59
whatadrag
Guitarist for hire.

I didn't think it would be necessary to defend myself when asking a simple question, but apparently it is.

1. I flipped off a cop.

2. I did it because he made an illegal right turn across my lane and cut me off.

3. He threatened to take me to jail on these charges.

4. I told him what he did and explained why it caused me to do what I did very calmly.

5. We don't have a crime rate in my town. Another police officer showed up simply because there was nothing else going on.
whatadrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:03 PM   #60
zaiura

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatadrag
I didn't think it would be necessary to defend myself when asking a simple question, but apparently it is.

1. I flipped off a cop.

2. I did it because he made an illegal right turn across my lane and cut me off.

3. He threatened to take me to jail on these charges.

4. I told him what he did and explained why it caused me to do what I did very calmly.

5. We don't have a crime rate in my town. Another police officer showed up simply because there was nothing else going on.

Eh, the 'responsible thing' would've been to report him to the precinct/city hall/etc. depending on the size of your city and wait for them to do absolutely nothing about it. Flipping him off wasn't the brightest thing to do. Odds are he was blowing smoke up your ass about charges though. If you got out of the supposed citation, it's because it probably wasn't worth his time to write it.

Rate This Thread: