Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 01-02-2013, 06:32 PM   #41
Arby911
Finding the Pattern
 
Arby911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaiura
And Rayge, if someone is ignorant enough to provoke a law enforcement officer, they deserve whatever wrath the officer subjects him to.


Really?

That's.......pretty stupid.
__________________
The man who holds to a belief because of tradition, or hides it because he fears he may be shown to be wrong, does not love the truth but manifests a coward’s faithfulness to his prejudices.
Arby911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:32 PM   #42
zaiura
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butt Rayge
I don't give a cuntsuck how many swear words you use.


Then how did you misunderstand the original point?

Why, Arby?
zaiura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:34 PM   #43
Joshua Garcia
[vague user title]
 
Joshua Garcia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: butt**** nowhere
The worst it could count as is a threat. Which, in my opinion, raising a finger on a hand isn't very threatening.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuro Jay
the skinny emos at the pizza place are too busy eating ass to make your pizza
Joshua Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:35 PM   #44
Butt Rayge
UG Resident
 
Butt Rayge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ice Kingdom, Land of Ooo
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaiura
Then how did you misunderstand the original point?

Why, Arby?

Now you think that the fact I disagree with your support of violence toward hand gestures is simply a misunderstanding? What exactly is it that you think I don't understand?
Butt Rayge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:39 PM   #45
zaiura
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butt Rayge
Now you think that the fact I disagree with your support of violence toward hand gestures is simply a misunderstanding? What exactly is it that you think I don't understand?


I'm referencing your original response to my spew, mate. And I have to say, I don't exactly support violence, I'm just not shocked when it results from a stupid decision.
zaiura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:42 PM   #46
Arby911
Finding the Pattern
 
Arby911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaiura
Why, Arby?


Why would you cede to anyone the right to beat your ass if you offended them?

Maybe he doesn't like how you look, how you talk, where you're from? Offense/Provocation can be taken about nearly anything if one is so inclined.



Officer: Hey! Did you see what color that car was that just took off out of here?

You: No, I was looking the other way and didn't see it.

Officer: You lying piece of shit, you're probably a friend of the driver's..whack, whack whack.....etc.

You: (Waking in hospital) Hey, why am I in a body cast?

Orderly: You provoked a cop, you're lucky we didn't just leave you on the street you scumbag!


Any other questions?
__________________
The man who holds to a belief because of tradition, or hides it because he fears he may be shown to be wrong, does not love the truth but manifests a coward’s faithfulness to his prejudices.
Arby911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:42 PM   #47
TooktheAtrain
Banned
 
TooktheAtrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by whywefight
Don't get too uptight about the specifics, he was just saying to treat him like a professional, the same way you'd treat doctors and teachers.


I treat them like any other person, car mechanic, nurse, professor or garbageman. I don't see why basic human respect and decency should change for police. They're servants of the public, we aren't subordinate to them.
TooktheAtrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:42 PM   #48
snipelfritz
UG's Beautiful Butterfly
 
snipelfritz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Milwaukee
__________________
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
snipelfritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:43 PM   #49
Butt Rayge
UG Resident
 
Butt Rayge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ice Kingdom, Land of Ooo
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaiura
I'm referencing your original response to my spew, mate. And I have to say, I don't exactly support violence, I'm just not shocked when it results from a stupid decision.

I didn't take issue with your swear words, just the fact that somehow in the process of writing (and then counting) them you lost track of what you were trying to say. Have you even read over what you wrote?
Butt Rayge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:43 PM   #50
Nelshizzle
Find a place and go there
 
Nelshizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Far out man
So if I tell you two to play nice, will you have to flip me off and will I have to ban you two?

Lay off the vulgarity and keep the discussion civil. This isnt a democracy with a constitution and I will warn/ban you Butt Rayge/zaiura.

This is an unofficial warning.
__________________
Too many thoughts

Not enough action

Too much action

Not enough thoughts
Nelshizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:46 PM   #51
zaiura
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arby911
Why would you cede to anyone the right to beat your ass if you offended them?

Maybe he doesn't like how you look, how you talk, where you're from? Offense/Provocation can be taken about nearly anything if one is so inclined.



Officer: Hey! Did you see what color that car was that just took off out of here?

You: No, I was looking the other way and didn't see it.

Officer: You lying piece of shit, you're probably a friend of the driver's..whack, whack whack.....etc.

You: (Waking in hospital) Hey, why am I in a body cast?

Orderly: You provoked a cop, you're lucky we didn't just leave you on the street you scumbag!


Any other questions?


Congratulations, you've got a multi-million dollar law suit there, mate. Sure, your quality if living is terrible now, but at least this wasn't a strawman argument, and just an irrational what if. I'd consider it on a more pertinent light if had to do with my original point, about flipping off a police officer, not possibly looking like a dirtbag or a stranger.
zaiura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:47 PM   #52
Butt Rayge
UG Resident
 
Butt Rayge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ice Kingdom, Land of Ooo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsean
So if I tell you two to play nice, will you have to flip me off and will I have to ban you two?

Lay off the vulgarity and keep the discussion civil. This isnt a democracy with a constitution and I will warn/ban you Butt Rayge/zaiura.

This is an unofficial warning.

But but but he thinks police have the right to beat up anybody who offends them with a harmless hand gesture. He's the bad guy, not me.
Butt Rayge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:48 PM   #53
whywefight
pray I pray I pray
 
whywefight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: I don't care where just far
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooktheAtrain
I treat them like any other person, car mechanic, nurse, professor or garbageman. I don't see why basic human respect and decency should change for police. They're servants of the public, we aren't subordinate to them.

I don't see how acknowledging anyone as 'Sir' automatically makes you subordinate to them as a person. I've always seen 'Sir' as basically just a noun of respect.
whywefight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:51 PM   #54
Nelshizzle
Find a place and go there
 
Nelshizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Far out man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butt Rayge
But but but he thinks police have the right to beat up anybody who offends them with a harmless hand gesture. He's the bad guy, not me.


Just no cursing at each other. Lol @ me doing this and the thread is exactly about this.
__________________
Too many thoughts

Not enough action

Too much action

Not enough thoughts
Nelshizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:51 PM   #55
TooktheAtrain
Banned
 
TooktheAtrain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by whywefight
I don't see how acknowledging anyone as 'Sir' automatically makes you subordinate to them as a person. I've always seen 'Sir' as basically just a noun of respect.


Oh, must be an American-English thing then. The only people you call 'sir' over here are those with knighthoods of some sort.
TooktheAtrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:52 PM   #56
whywefight
pray I pray I pray
 
whywefight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: I don't care where just far
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsean
Just no cursing at each other. Lol @ me doing this and the thread is exactly about this.

Now we see the violence inherent in the system! Repression! Repression!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooktheAtrain
Oh, must be an American-English thing then. The only people you call 'sir' over here are those with knighthoods of some sort.

It really isn't used in America much at all. When I hear it used in everyday language here, its typically just something courteous to say, like to an elderly man while you open the door for him or something of the like

Last edited by whywefight : 01-02-2013 at 06:55 PM.
whywefight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:53 PM   #57
zaiura
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butt Rayge
But but but he thinks police have the right to beat up anybody who offends them with a harmless hand gesture. He's the bad guy, not me.


Close enough, I guess. And sure thing, Nelsean.
zaiura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:54 PM   #58
Butt Rayge
UG Resident
 
Butt Rayge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ice Kingdom, Land of Ooo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsean
Just no cursing at each other. Lol @ me doing this and the thread is exactly about this.

The irony is not lost on me.
Butt Rayge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 06:59 PM   #59
whatadrag
Guitarist for hire.
 
whatadrag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Crane, Texas
I didn't think it would be necessary to defend myself when asking a simple question, but apparently it is.

1. I flipped off a cop.

2. I did it because he made an illegal right turn across my lane and cut me off.

3. He threatened to take me to jail on these charges.

4. I told him what he did and explained why it caused me to do what I did very calmly.

5. We don't have a crime rate in my town. Another police officer showed up simply because there was nothing else going on.
whatadrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:03 PM   #60
zaiura
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatadrag
I didn't think it would be necessary to defend myself when asking a simple question, but apparently it is.

1. I flipped off a cop.

2. I did it because he made an illegal right turn across my lane and cut me off.

3. He threatened to take me to jail on these charges.

4. I told him what he did and explained why it caused me to do what I did very calmly.

5. We don't have a crime rate in my town. Another police officer showed up simply because there was nothing else going on.


Eh, the 'responsible thing' would've been to report him to the precinct/city hall/etc. depending on the size of your city and wait for them to do absolutely nothing about it. Flipping him off wasn't the brightest thing to do. Odds are he was blowing smoke up your ass about charges though. If you got out of the supposed citation, it's because it probably wasn't worth his time to write it.
zaiura is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:45 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.