Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Pop Punk & Emo
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 06-10-2010, 10:06 PM   #1
punkforlife93
Call me Jed.

your neighbour the liar

This great band doesn't have many songs up, but their stuff is all worth listening to. It's something I've definitely never heard before - Scottish post punk/emo. Just listen to it, I can't describe it.

www.myspace.com/yourneighbourtheliar

Enjoy it!

Up the Skramz

Random Review Blog | Deadformat | Last.fm
punkforlife93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:24 PM   #2
onthebrinkx

yesyesyesyesyes

i love this band.

i've known about them for awhile but just got around to listening, great stuff
onthebrinkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 08:42 PM   #3
Prophet_Racer

Thanks alot for the kind words and posting this guys!

we've just put up a new ep for free download from http://www.yntl.bandcamp.com please let us know what you think!
Prophet_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 10:32 PM   #4
PCADriven

These guys are sick nasty lol. I like it.
Old 03-16-2011, 09:18 PM   #5
Prophet_Racer

hey guys.

just to say we've stuck up another song for free download to go along with the other 2 ep's called John Slow.

you can grab it from here - http://yntl.bandcamp.com/track/john-slow

We're releasing a 7" in Summer and this is one of the songs that didn't make it on as it didn't seem to fit the vibe but hope you enjoy, please let us know what you think!
Old 05-13-2011, 03:54 PM   #6
punkforlife93
Call me Jed.

Bump, because I'm loving this band again. Thanks for the songs, mate!

Up the Skramz

Old 05-21-2011, 05:37 PM   #7
Prophet_Racer

No worries man and thanks a lot for listening!

We've just put up 2 new tracks which are going to be part of a 7" vinyl released by strictly no capital letters, art for blind, time as a color and hansei diy, it's just gone to press so will update when we have them in!

Their currently up for streaming at the link below!

http://yntl.bandcamp.com/album/it-s...our-lot-in-life

we're also heading out on tour in June, so UK people might be interested in these..

All shows are with two bands, Kids Return and Human Hands, this is going to be Kids Returns last ever tour as well.

http://www.kidsreturn.bandcamp.com/

http://humanhands.bandcamp.com/

we are really in need of a date on the 13th of June in Scotland or Northern England, if you can help out please give us an e-mail on yourneighbourtheliar@gmail.com

June 11th - Leeds at The Temple Works w/ Sauna Youth - Broken Arm, Harbour, Facel Vega, Your Neighbour the Liar, The Uprights, Human Hands, Kids Return, Normal Man, Wooderson, Idea Shower, Drunk in Hell, Crash of Rhinos

FB Event (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=210505938967852)

June 12th - Edinburgh at the Banshee Labyrinth w/ Kids Return, your neighbour the liar, Human Hands and Bonehouse

FB Event (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=182224718492010)

June 13th - Help Needed (Scotland/North England)

June 14th - Newcastle at The Kings Manor w/ Kids Return, Human Hands, your neighbour the liar, Sunday League, Fashanu, Nai Harvest

FB Event (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=125748797503382)

June 15th - Bristol TBC

June 16th - Cardiff at Clwb Ifor Bach w/ Kids Return, Human Hands, your neighbour the liar, Joanna Gruesome

FB Event (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=185138281532545)

June 17th - Stourbridge at The Mitre w/ Kids Return, Human Hands, your neighbour the liar, Bird Calls

June 18th - Manchester Basement show w/ Kids Return, Human Hands, your neighbour the liar, Bird Calls, What Price, Wonderland? Well Wisher, Sunday League

FB Event (http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=222879957727805)

Thanks a lot and please let us know what you think of the new tracks!
Old 05-21-2011, 06:11 PM   #8
asator
whatever

Ha, didn't expect to see a band so close to home that wasn't Kaddish/Archives etc on here. Yeah they're pretty sweet, only seen them once and while they were kinda overshadowed due to the fact that Suis La Lune and Pianos Become The Teeth were playing (!!!!), they were very impressive. The vocals have always seemed strange to me - almost too indie compared to the music being more emo. Cool though.

If I remember right they're opening for Algernon Cad, Kaddish, Bonehouse and 1994. Going to be a very cool show.
Old 05-21-2011, 06:44 PM   #9
Prophet_Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by asator
Ha, didn't expect to see a band so close to home that wasn't Kaddish/Archives etc on here. Yeah they're pretty sweet, only seen them once and while they were kinda overshadowed due to the fact that Suis La Lune and Pianos Become The Teeth were playing (!!!!), they were very impressive. The vocals have always seemed strange to me - almost too indie compared to the music being more emo. Cool though.

If I remember right they're opening for Algernon Cad, Kaddish, Bonehouse and 1994. Going to be a very cool show.

Haha yeah man, I honestly can't wait for the new Kaddish album.

Thanks for the kind words man but yeah, PBTT blew me away, I had been waiting for that show for weeks and they didn't disappoint. Can't wait for the Algernon show, I missed Bonehouse in Edinburgh as I turned up to the show late but hear they're really really good.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:24 PM   #10
asator
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet_Racer
Haha yeah man, I honestly can't wait for the new Kaddish album.

Thanks for the kind words man but yeah, PBTT blew me away, I had been waiting for that show for weeks and they didn't disappoint. Can't wait for the Algernon show, I missed Bonehouse in Edinburgh as I turned up to the show late but hear they're really really good.

Dude, they're beyond "good". Evidence.

They were incredible when they did that tour with Kaddish. Just confirmed them to headline the Aberdeen show of a tour my band's doing. I'd come down and see you play with them in Edinburgh a couple of days after that, but we're already playing in Glasgow. Either way, they're an incredible band.

I can't believe how good the lineup for that Algernon show is, very excited.
Old 05-21-2011, 11:08 PM   #11
punkforlife93
Call me Jed.

I'm infinitely jealous of anyone in the UK right now...

Up the Skramz

Old 05-22-2011, 05:46 AM   #12
StonaLemons
because lemons are cool

The mitre in stourbridge is right opposite my old college. Would consider going but 17th is my unis results day i believe.
StonaLemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 08:02 AM   #13
Prophet_Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by asator
Dude, they're beyond "good". Evidence.

They were incredible when they did that tour with Kaddish. Just confirmed them to headline the Aberdeen show of a tour my band's doing. I'd come down and see you play with them in Edinburgh a couple of days after that, but we're already playing in Glasgow. Either way, they're an incredible band.

I can't believe how good the lineup for that Algernon show is, very excited.

Yeah man, I was gutted, just missed Carson Wells as well as I had been at another show but yeah, I've heard nothing but good things!

What band are you in man? Hope the tour goes well anyway! and yeah, so excited for Algernon! All this is our battlefield shows are awesome fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkforlife93
I'm infinitely jealous of anyone in the UK right now...

If we ever had the chance to come over man, we'd jump on it! Just need to try and befriend some good American bands! haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StonaLemons
The mitre in stourbridge is right opposite my old college. Would consider going but 17th is my unis results day i believe.

Well if you could make it man would be awesome! I hadn't actually heard of Stourbridge before I found out we were playing their I'm afraid haha.

Is there much of a music scene in Stourbridge?
Old 05-24-2011, 12:48 PM   #14
Prophet_Racer

I know this is probably a bit of a stretch but just putting the word out incase anyone can help.

Is there any chance anyone can help kids return, human hands & your neighbour the liar out with a (very) last minute show in scotland on the 13th of june?

We're playing edinburgh on the 12th and have a free date after it, which was originally meant to be Dundee but unfortunately it fell through.

If anyone has a house/flat we can play in that'd be ace. As long as it's an easy enough drive back to edinburgh we are fine for a place to stay/food/money. just need something to fill the space!

This is Kids Returns last ever tour/shows so we really want to give them a good send off and play every date we can.

If you can help please reply here or e-mail us at yourneighbourtheliar@gmail.com

http://kidsreturn.bandcamp.com/
http://humanhands.bandcamp.com/
http://yntl.bandcamp.com

Thanks alot!
Old 05-24-2011, 01:43 PM   #15
punkforlife93
Call me Jed.

Danny's the only dude from Scotland I know here...hopefully he can help you out.

Up the Skramz

Old 05-24-2011, 02:54 PM   #16
StonaLemons
because lemons are cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet_Racer
Well if you could make it man would be awesome! I hadn't actually heard of Stourbridge before I found out we were playing their I'm afraid haha.

Is there much of a music scene in Stourbridge?

Stourbridge is about 14 miles from central Birmingham - i live right between the two. Robert Plant actually lived in my hometown and went to the same college in stourbridge, that might be the biggest legacy it has musically...
The music scene is decent for smaller bands, theres two very large colleges in the town centre so youve got a lot of 16-18 year olds, but theres not really any universities nearby. Overall its okay but next time if at all possible i'd try and find a venue in birmingham instead.
StonaLemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2011, 03:26 PM   #17
Prophet_Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkforlife93
Danny's the only dude from Scotland I know here...hopefully he can help you out.

Ah thanks a lot for the heads up man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StonaLemons
Stourbridge is about 14 miles from central Birmingham - i live right between the two. Robert Plant actually lived in my hometown and went to the same college in stourbridge, that might be the biggest legacy it has musically...
The music scene is decent for smaller bands, theres two very large colleges in the town centre so youve got a lot of 16-18 year olds, but theres not really any universities nearby. Overall its okay but next time if at all possible i'd try and find a venue in birmingham instead.

Didn't realise all this at all, quite a hard legacy to overcome! haha. Thanks a lot for all the information though man, we're now playing Birmingham June 15th at the Wagon and Horses as well, as unfortunately our Bristol date fell through and this has just been confirmed today!

As long as there are a couple of people at each show I'll be happy anyway! Will be my first time playing in England so I'm just keen to finally hit the road! Would be awesome if you could make either date anyway man, hope you get the results your after anyway!
Old 05-26-2011, 05:32 PM   #18
asator
whatever

Yeah Jed's right, I think I might be the only Scottish reg on here. And I can't really help, sorry! Already doing a weekender from the 9th to the 12th, and after that we're pretty much stuck back in Aberdeen. There was talk of doing a show in our singer's friend's student halls, and I suggested getting you guys up for that, but it's not happening any more. Good luck finding something though!

My band is Cavalcades, and good luck with your tour also!

I've only been to one This Is Our Battlefield show (I suck at getting down to Glasgow for shows) and that was Iron Chic the other week, which was incredible. They've booked some ridiculously good bands though, and the Algernon show should be amazing.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:14 PM   #19
Prophet_Racer

Ah well thanks for trying anyway man! Think it's going to end up being a day off now and we'll just show the guys around Edinburgh and do some touristy things haha.

Ah sweet! I've heard good things about you guys, will try and catch you next time your down since we're away when your playing Banshee! Half a year is a total tune!
Old 05-28-2011, 07:42 PM   #20
asator
whatever

Ah fair enough. And thanks a lot! We had a lot of fun last time we played Banshee, really cool little venue. So basically we'll be trying to come back as much as possible haha

Rate This Thread: