Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-03-2013, 02:58 PM   #61
Bushinarin
UG Senior Member

Couch to 5k worked for me when I did it six months or so ago. I would recommend it to anyone.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
Bushinarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:00 PM   #62
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt

I got all of you guys listed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninnipinni93
I'm in, I did lose 9kgs the last year(18 pounds I guess?) But during the horrible fatty food-candy-beerfest of December I have gained weight and I'll probably die if I go out for a run or a swim, I don't even go outside most days. I'll start to hit the gym when school starts in a few days though, will try to report in here for my progress.
Please do. I might share my weightloss/fitness story when I'm not being lazy.
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner
lolmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:03 PM   #63
Shawn1379
Frequency 141.80

Yeah, sign me up. I'm not sure this will help, but I need all the help I can get.

I think the longest I've ever stuck to a routine was just under a month, but I'm planning on trying to go hardcore for 2 months and get in good shape before I get a job. I don't expect to be ripped, but I'd really rather not be the chubby guy when I enter the next social circle in my life.

My goals for those two months:

- Run/walk 100+ miles
- Eliminate most sugar from my diet
- Stop fapping (seriously, I feel great when I don't do it for a while and I think it'll help me feel motivated to exercise)
- Eat more vegetables and fruit, cut down on junk food and pizza
- Get my sleeping patterns straightened out
- Take vitamins and fish oil supplements every day
- Do the 100 pushups program

I'm also thinking of trying the Insanity workout program, but it looks sort of hard on your knees and I already have bad knees as it is. I also don't know if I really I have a place that I can do it with any sort of practicality.

I'm going to try and do all of this starting next week and push on until the end of February, see where it takes me. Good luck to everyone else signing up.

EDIT: Oh, and a long term goal of mine is to run a marathon of some sort for charity. I've been interested in something like that for a while, but I don't think I'm quite fit enough right now.

Last edited by Shawn1379 : 01-03-2013 at 03:07 PM.
Shawn1379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:07 PM   #64
Junglie

Just want to say to everyone here, if you can't afford a gym membership, you can buy a decent pull up bar for about 8-12. The kind that extend to go inside the door frame are pretty versatile.
Junglie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:11 PM   #65
fc89konkari
UG Addict

I wanna sign up. I dont care about my weight, as long as I look/feel good enough for myself. I weigh 72kg, am about 174cm tall and 16 years old. Last year I ran 420km, and my record for half a marathon is 1.55.

Goal: Half a marathon under 1.50. I'm participating in Helsinki City Run in early May. By then I will be capable of kicking the ass of the 15-year-old myself. Secondary goals are running more this year than last year and beating my unofficial 10km record which is 47 minutes.
(EDIT Oh yeah and other challenges I've set for myself are no drinking in January, and I've seriously considered participating No Fap February

We've got a shitload of snow here in Finland, so atm I'm keeping fit by skiing and playing hockey (neither that seriously). I'll be able to start running in late March (I know, not that much time to practise running).

Could the goals also be included in the participation list, as well as an "accomplished" sign once the goal has been achieved? Not to brag or anything, I know that there are guys who just kick my damn butt every day of the week, but having a reminder of one's goals is motivating. Just saying that I too am super motivated to get myself fit as I've been drinking a shitload during the past 6 months

-Jonathan

http://soundcloud.com/joneh
My Youtube channel: /JoonatanH96

Last edited by fc89konkari : 01-03-2013 at 03:14 PM.
fc89konkari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:13 PM   #66
TheChaz
Scientist Salarian

1st day back to the gym... and I really don't wanna go... meh. Guess I gotta just do it.

The big thing for me is nutrition. Anyone got any recipes got some sort of snack bar that can be made in bulk? I gotta have something to bring for when I'm at work or school all day and I can't cook anything. I've seen the Meal Replacement Bars on Scooby's website that I'm planning on making, but I want a couple of different options in case I don't like them.
TheChaz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:16 PM   #67
Sir-Shredalot
Banned

i lost 43 pounds in 2 years. main things you require to do

reduce appetite. .coffee, water, cayenne pepper supplements
increase metabolism in most cases, coffee or green tea
increase protein reduce carbs and sugars

endurance exercise may not be right for you. watch the truth about exercise (bbc) on youtube.

Last edited by Sir-Shredalot : 01-03-2013 at 03:22 PM.
Sir-Shredalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:16 PM   #68
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt

Got you two listed.

Shawn: If you want some advice, go slowly. Don't try to do too much at once or you'll drive yourself crazy.

fc89konkari/everybody: Feel free to post goals in a short list and I'll post them in the OP.

Old 01-03-2013, 03:19 PM   #69
Junglie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChaz
1st day back to the gym... and I really don't wanna go... meh. Guess I gotta just do it.

The big thing for me is nutrition. Anyone got any recipes got some sort of snack bar that can be made in bulk? I gotta have something to bring for when I'm at work or school all day and I can't cook anything. I've seen the Meal Replacement Bars on Scooby's website that I'm planning on making, but I want a couple of different options in case I don't like them.

Edit: Ignore me.

Try the bb.com site. They have a few recipes on there.

Last edited by Junglie : 01-03-2013 at 03:20 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:22 PM   #70
TheChaz
Scientist Salarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junglie
Why not bulk cook foods at home and take them in a lunch box?

I'm up for that as well. I was doing that with chicken and rice for a while... but I got really bored of chicken and rice and I'm not a very good cook either
Old 01-03-2013, 03:22 PM   #71
whoomit

For anyone wanting to lose weight, here's a fantastic tip.

Drink 2 glasses of water within the first 30-60 minutes of waking up. It kickstarts your metabolism for the day. Make it cold too, your body will use extra calories heating it back up.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:24 PM   #72
Junglie

Quote:
I'm up for that as well. I was doing that with chicken and rice for a while... but I got really bored of chicken and rice and I'm not a very good cook either

Fair point

But yeah, look on the BB.com nutrition area.

Edit: http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/grea...de+protein+bars

Last edited by Junglie : 01-03-2013 at 03:26 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 03:28 PM   #73
Sir-Shredalot
Banned

Quote:

peanut butter flapjacks. cup of rolled oats put in pan with melted peanut butter and you can add dried fruits cinnimon honey or anything. put on clingfoil in oven on bakingtray.

alternatively i eat greek yogurt with similar added ingrediants. v high in protein
Sir-Shredalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 03:48 PM   #74
fc89konkari
UG Addict

Allright dude!

Running: Half a marathon under 1.50, over 420km during the year, 10km under 47min

If thats too long, then just:

Half a marathon in under 1.50 (+secondaries)

Thanks!
Jonathan

http://soundcloud.com/joneh
My Youtube channel: /JoonatanH96
fc89konkari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:22 PM   #75
Burningritual

Can i get added to this too? Aiming to put on muscle and generally get fitter. Got a slight gut to lose as well. Used to train for mma but i'm way off them fitness levels currently. Also got to quit smoking and drinking (which i have done starting this morning).
Burningritual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:47 PM   #76
TheChaz
Scientist Salarian

Quote:
Fair point

But yeah, look on the BB.com nutrition area.

Edit: http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/grea...de+protein+bars

Thanks!

Just finished my workout. Ten minute run, then chest and triceps. My bench is so weak. Only 225 for 3 reps.

Then came home and ate 2 servings of whole wheat pasta with some olive oil. Nomnomnom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir-Shredalot
peanut butter flapjacks. cup of rolled oats put in pan with melted peanut butter and you can add dried fruits cinnimon honey or anything. put on clingfoil in oven on bakingtray.

alternatively i eat greek yogurt with similar added ingrediants. v high in protein

Sounds pretty good. So You melt the peanut butter in the pan, then mix in the rolled outs and other stuff, then put it in the oven?

Last edited by TheChaz : 01-03-2013 at 05:51 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:52 PM   #77
Junglie

Quote:
Thanks!

Just finished my workout. Ten minute run, then chest and triceps. My bench is so weak. Only 225 for 3 reps.

Then came home and ate 2 servings of whole wheat pasta with some olive oil. Nomnomnom

My bench is pretty bad at the minute. I'm doing about 75kg (165lbs) for 4x8. I fractured my wrist though, so that was my first workout in about 9 weeks when I tried.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:53 PM   #78
Gorelord666
Lone Buffalo

Not a fatass or anything but...
Fatass reporting in.
Sign me up, bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Gorelord666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:57 PM   #79
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt

Quote:
Thanks!

Sounds pretty good. So You melt the peanut butter in the pan, then mix in the rolled outs and other stuff, then put it in the oven?
That's not a bad bench at all.

Old 01-03-2013, 05:58 PM   #80
TheChaz
Scientist Salarian

Quote:
My bench is pretty bad at the minute. I'm doing about 75kg (165lbs) for 4x8. I fractured my wrist though, so that was my first workout in about 9 weeks when I tried.

That blows. Getting your strength back up after a fracture always is tough. I luckily haven't broken anything in about 2 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by element4433
That's not a bad bench at all.

I guess I'm too used to seeing all the meatheads at my gym put up 300 lbs like it ain't no thang.

Last edited by TheChaz : 01-03-2013 at 06:00 PM.

Rate This Thread: