Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 01-03-2013, 06:05 PM   #81
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
 
lolmnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChaz
I guess I'm too used to seeing all the meatheads at my gym put up 300 lbs like it ain't no thang.
Yeah. Don't compare yourself to those guys, especially when just starting out. Everybody starts out in the same place, so they know what you're going through.

Especially now (I don't know your weight lifting history, so sorry if you already know this) worry more about form than weight. I had a problem in my form, hit some goals, realized that my form was off, and now have had to cut the weight in half. But it's worth it to do it the right way.
__________________
*-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis
lolmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:10 PM   #82
twowheels
Custom User Title:
 
twowheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
I'll commit to this! Currently I don't exercise much at all. I am 6ft tall and weigh 12.6 stone (about 176lbs) I'm not wanting to look like David Hasselhoff or anything but would quite like to have a good level of fitness and hopefully live a healthier life. I took on a half marathon last year with nearly zero training, which wasn't a smart move, but it has made me motivated to make myself fitter through running, perhaps with the occasional weight session to tone things up!

My ultimate short term goal is to be able to jog/run a half marathon by September, when the Great Scottish Run takes place, beat my rather poor time of 3 hours and get it down to the two hour mark. I've found a plan that claims to get from couch to half marathon pace in 24 weeks (Mid June) which gives me some time should the plan be rubbish (or should I be too lazy) or if I got injured. To encourage me to get out running I've spent 85 on some running shoes, and to stop me wearing them casually they're luminous yellow! I could use my brother's old weights too so I could probably be able to at least start off without a gym membership, but thats a decision I'll make once I'm a bit further into my training.
__________________
X



"Just wait till tomorrow
I guess that's what they all say
Just before they fall apart"
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:10 PM   #83
Hydra150
UG Spammer
 
Hydra150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: syndication
Put my name in the OP.
I don't plan on doing a lot of intense exercise (I particularly dislike jogging), but I trying to be more active -walking a lot more, perhaps going swimming, see about buying another bike (and a better bike lock)- and I am trying to eat a lot less crap. My diet has been terrible this past year, I'm trying to cut out a lot of the unhealthy stuff and be more concious of how much I eat.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchyFungus
It's in the UG constitution that there has to be a Scot on the team
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichikurosaki
wat no maybe 14 at yougnest

It's a Sein
Hydra150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:11 PM   #84
TheReverend724
another hit, barry bonds
 
TheReverend724's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Dr. Pepper FLAVOR ZONE
sign me up babe
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake1221
Dylan, I believe at this point, you've listened to all the music. Congratulations, you win one Chuck E Cheese token and a balloon.

TheReverend724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:14 PM   #85
TheChaz
Scientist Salarian
 
TheChaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by element4433
Yeah. Don't compare yourself to those guys, especially when just starting out. Everybody starts out in the same place, so they know what you're going through.

Especially now (I don't know your weight lifting history, so sorry if you already know this) worry more about form than weight. I had a problem in my form, hit some goals, realized that my form was off, and now have had to cut the weight in half. But it's worth it to do it the right way.

Yeah, I've been lifting for a while, but never very seriously. It's always just been to stay in shape rather than gain strength or size, but I think it's time to finally srs up.

But yeah, I always try to keep my form perfect. Tons of dudes at my gym (not the aforementioned meatheads) that pick up huge weights and swing them around with such poor form that it's hard to even tell what exercise they're doing. I can do the 225 with good form, but anything more than that I lose it, so I'm just gonna try to increase my reps with 225 before I move up the weight.
TheChaz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:15 PM   #86
Junglie
Registered User
 
Junglie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChaz
That blows. Getting your strength back up after a fracture always is tough. I luckily haven't broken anything in about 2 years.


Yeah, it was bad. I've broken that bone about 5 times, and they can't do anything with it apart from give me a support for it. I don't know which bone it is

Hopefully I'll put some strength and size back on fairly quickly.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePTOD
I love you.
Junglie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:19 PM   #87
TheChaz
Scientist Salarian
 
TheChaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junglie
Yeah, it was bad. I've broken that bone about 5 times, and they can't do anything with it apart from give me a support for it. I don't know which bone it is

Hopefully I'll put some strength and size back on fairly quickly.

Shit. I've only gotten 3 breaks total in my life. I can't imagine breaking one bone 5 times. My worst break was my clavicle. I broke the whole tip of the bone off. That put me out for months. Still have some shoulder problems from it too, but lifting has actually helped it a lot.
TheChaz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:24 PM   #88
Junglie
Registered User
 
Junglie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChaz
Shit. I've only gotten 3 breaks total in my life. I can't imagine breaking one bone 5 times. My worst break was my clavicle. I broke the whole tip of the bone off. That put me out for months. Still have some shoulder problems from it too, but lifting has actually helped it a lot.


I've broken loads Ankle, wrist, most of my knuckles, broken my nose about 7 times. Nothing hurt as much as tearing my lat.

But yeah, I imagine breaking your clavicle is damn painful. How'd you do that?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePTOD
I love you.
Junglie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:27 PM   #89
TheChaz
Scientist Salarian
 
TheChaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junglie
I've broken loads Ankle, wrist, most of my knuckles, broken my nose about 7 times. Nothing hurt as much as tearing my lat.

But yeah, I imagine breaking your clavicle is damn painful. How'd you do that?

Holy hell. Too much, too much.

I ummm... was... well... I was hanging upside down from a pull-up bar and it tore out of the door frame.


Yeah.
TheChaz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:29 PM   #90
Hydra150
UG Spammer
 
Hydra150's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: syndication
element, why don't you change the box in the OP from a [quote=Mistress_Ibanez] to a [spoiler=Originally Posted by Mistress_Ibanez], just to keep it tidier.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchyFungus
It's in the UG constitution that there has to be a Scot on the team
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichikurosaki
wat no maybe 14 at yougnest

It's a Sein
Hydra150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:29 PM   #91
Junglie
Registered User
 
Junglie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChaz
Holy hell. Too much, too much.

I ummm... was... well... I was hanging upside down from a pull-up bar and it tore out of the door frame.


Yeah.


That's amazing. Should've got yourself a power bar
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePTOD
I love you.
Junglie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:31 PM   #92
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
 
lolmnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydra150
element, why don't you change the box in the OP from a [quote=Mistress_Ibanez] to a [spoiler=Originally Posted by Mistress_Ibanez], just to keep it tidier.
Good idea. Didn't even think of it.
__________________
*-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis
lolmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:41 PM   #93
Junglie
Registered User
 
Junglie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Goals:
Get my bench up to 100kg by the end of the year
Quit smoking
Sort my diet out
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePTOD
I love you.
Junglie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:43 PM   #94
WCPhils
#philamerica
 
WCPhils's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
My goal is to lose 10 pounds by the summer and just get healthier in general
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolmnt
95% of teens have moved on to hip hop. Put this in your sig if you're part of th 5% who care about REAL music.




Check out my...

YouTube
WCPhils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:44 PM   #95
Highelf04
UG's ONLY Batgirl
 
Highelf04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fighting the many Villains of Gotham
Since we're putting up goals:-

Perma quit smoking, rather than managing it for 3-4 weeks and caving
Run Charnwood Hike in April, none of this walking bullshit
Get into better shape, and look at rejoining the gym when I hit 3rd/final year of uni


And of course, use my new found awesomeness to get bitches

Feel free to omit the last one
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerOfGlove
i punched a shark once

in the balls

LEICESTER CITY


Like us on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/ClockHouseBand

Clockhouse is a thing
Find us
Listen to us
Love us
Highelf04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:49 PM   #96
Alex_WK
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
I'm in
Target is to gain lots of muscle
__________________
PARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTY
PARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTY
PARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTY
PARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTYPARTY
Alex_WK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 06:54 PM   #97
ali.guitarkid7
Lonely Pup
 
ali.guitarkid7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lacrimosa
Sign me up for the one hundred push ups challenge. I can't jog so I have to limit myself to push ups and sit ups.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickman411
We're all the best except for Ali.
ali.guitarkid7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:01 PM   #98
TunerAddict
UG Freak
 
TunerAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bing, bitch
I'm in.

I want to be 180 by end of May. If I fail, permban me.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by willT08
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_the_fox
Hey man believe it or not I got other things in life to do aside from trolling assburger kids yaknow?


No you don't

lol
TunerAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:04 PM   #99
MrDo0m
Blessed Sisyphus
 
MrDo0m's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Cool, I was about 230 pounds (mainly fat, barely any muscle) several months ago, a chain smoker, and couldn't work out to save my life. Now I'm 6'4" (well, my height didn't change, but I figured I would include it to put it into perspective.. not trying to be a conceited dick), 182 pounds, and I can do chin-ups, pull-ups, and cardio exercise like I've never been able to before, and I completely quit smoking cigarettes. My goal is just to get in better overall shape.

Last edited by MrDo0m : 01-03-2013 at 07:24 PM.
MrDo0m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:09 PM   #100
AtaBorMan
UG's reclusive wanker
 
AtaBorMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: A bookshop just off Russel Square
I want to get motivated to run. It's boring as fuck and it gets dark here at 4 pm.

I'm in anyway. Don't care about the weight, more about losing uglyness of fat.
__________________
Call me Max.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.

Last edited by AtaBorMan : 01-03-2013 at 07:11 PM.
AtaBorMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:46 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.