Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Bass Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-03-2013, 10:02 AM   #1
bluex13

Bass for Rocksmith

Okay so I'm in the UK and really want to use bass on roksmith. Is it available in the UK yet? either pre-installed on the disk with or without having to download and pay for the bass dlc.
bluex13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:15 AM   #2
moody git
I bad writing

not sure if this is the right forum, might be more suited to the gaming thread perhaps. regardless, it came out august 2012 and as far as i can tell, you're gonna be paying for the game and the dlc. very unlikely these days that anyone will give out free dlc with decent amounts of content in them. look on the store of whichever console you're on.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:23 AM   #3
bluex13

Didn't realise there was a gaming thread I just did a search for rocksmith and saw someone posted someting similar here.

I thought I heard something about bass dlc been bundled might have been nothing more than a rumor. Anyhow dlc sells for about 20 on PS3 which is what I'm on. Seems unfair I should have to pay more money when I would have already paid 40-50 for game.
Old 01-03-2013, 10:37 AM   #4
moody git
I bad writing

Quote:
Will there be a bass bundle available?
No, unlike the guitar bundle featuring an Epiphone Les Paul Jr., there will be no Rocksmith bundle where a bass will be included. However, as of October 16, the existing guitar bundle will feature the new version of Rocksmith with added bass content on the disc.

from http://www.trueachievements.com/n99...ght-forward.htm

i did some further delving and it seems i was wrong. as for where you can get hold of it, i'm not sure. perhaps go into a game/station or hmv and ask someone there?
Old 01-03-2013, 10:54 AM   #5
scotland87

I have the standard Rock Smith (purchased from Amazon(uk) for 49.99). At the start of the game it asks whether you play Guitar or Bass...

Hope this answers your question.
scotland87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:02 AM   #6
bluex13

I've looked around and as to the one in which it's bundled with on disk, little uncertain. On HMV theres one that looks a little different from all the one I've seen has a red guitar on front.
http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProduc...1689&sku=151209

Moody git this looks a little different from the one in your link but I think it might be the UK cover what do you think?
http://www.sainsburysentertainment....oduct=E11089097
Old 01-03-2013, 11:23 AM   #7
moody git
I bad writing

as much as it pains me to say (i work at sainsburys ) i think the hmv one would be your best bet. i'm not 100% sure, however.
but as scotland said, maybe they've just added it to the 'standard' rockband which you would buy anyway.
Old 01-03-2013, 01:44 PM   #8
bluex13

I been to game and bought it for 50 it looks just like the one in the sainsbury link come with cables and everything. bass expansion was included on disk.

Rate This Thread: