Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-24-2012, 01:56 AM   #1
phizzo

Which German bands do you know?

Which German bands do you know?

...and please share your opinion about them too ;-)
phizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:33 AM   #2
mali mujo

die arzte - great punk band, as i'm not from germany or austria or switzerland, i'm not that great in german, but still their songs are not lyrically complicated and i can understand most of them. as to the music, nothing too hard, but effective. my reccomendations - rock n roll real schule (their acoustic album). song favourites - manchmal haben frauen and schrei nach liebe

die toten hosen - i know a few songs only, but i see them as fun punk band (maybe i'm wrong)

as for artists - herbert gronemeyer is ok, but i think there are lot of artists like him in every country

that's it
mali mujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:56 AM   #3
op4blushift

Can, Neu, Kraftwerk, Faust. Haven't listened to all of them that much but I believe they are all labeled krautrock of some kind. Interesting stuff, pretty different from anything I've heard before.
op4blushift is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:17 PM   #4
dilligaf1878

Rammstein, Heaven Shall Burn, Necromance, Accept, Angel Dust and Blind Guardian. I'm not big into German bands but I listen to these some of the time. The only one I listen to a lot is Blind Guardian. I didn't even know they existed until 6-7 months ago. I was at Hellfest and talking to some Swedish people about all things music and they recommended Blind Guardian and I must say I'm glad they did. The old school thrash meets folk metal sound blew me away big time
dilligaf1878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:20 PM   #5
BenRaah
zebra

Can and Tangerine Dream. Some of the best music ever.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:09 PM   #6
LiquidSkies

Blackmail - Alternative Rock with Psychedelic Rock influences
Guano Apes - 90's Crossover band with female vocals
Söhne Mannheims - german language soul

German language bands, for the most part, really suck. Some German Hip-Hop artists (like die Fantastischen Vier) are good, if you are into fun-rap. Most of the "rock" that becomes popular here is more or less some kind of (Indie-)Pop/Rock that no one really needs to hear. We got an obscene amount of metal bands, belonging to all kinds of sub-styles, though.

And of course no one should ever forget the Scorpions when talking about German bands.
LiquidSkies is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: