User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-07-2013, 01:30 AM   #21
kyle62
Need a dispenser here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockwolf
Debatable. Also, the quality of LePou's or AcmeBarGig's stuff compared to Amplitube is arguably better.

Oh, I agree that the quality is better... Amplitube is great but give me LePou, TSE or Preampus/AcmeBarGig any day in a real mix.
However, for someone who's new to the world of recording it's a little daunting to have to open up your amp, then a suitable impulse loader, then download a load of IRs and find the one you like.

Actually, I'd say the simplest guitar VST is Kuassa Amplifikation Free . Sounds phenomenal and has a built in cabinet model as well as an IR loader.

As for interfaces, check out the Akai EIE Pro. 4 simultaneous inputs, VU meters, midi interface, USB hub and inserts for a similar price to the Focisrite stuff.

Head honcho at Stubborn Sound!
https://soundcloud.com/stubbornsound
kyle62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:46 PM   #22
JohnnyMcFly

Wow you guys are the best support crew on the planet.. Hats off to you for helping jhalterman so well. I guess if we are hiring support people I kow where to go..

Really good job guys...
Old 01-09-2013, 05:11 AM   #23
kyle62
Need a dispenser here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMcFly
Wow you guys are the best support crew on the planet.. Hats off to you for helping jhalterman so well. I guess if we are hiring support people I kow where to go..

Really good job guys...
Well, keep making awesome stuff and you'll get all the support and word-of-mouth marketing you could ever need.

Seriously, I was doing a mix with DI'd guitars the other day and nothing would sit right in the mix - until I tried Dick Head with the Redwirez 1960a. Keep up the awesome work.

Head honcho at Stubborn Sound!
https://soundcloud.com/stubbornsound
kyle62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:15 PM   #24
JohnnyMcFly

Dick Head... interesting..
Have you check'd out head case yet? I have a Dick head for head case coming soon.. Actually the whole line will be coming..

Anyways thanks for the compliment too..
Old 01-10-2013, 03:36 AM   #25
jhalterman
Master Baiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMcFly

Really good job guys...

The most I could gather was that you are a software engineer. What program is yours that was recommended to me?

Also, I seem to have a bit of a problem. I traded in my DigiTech Harmony Man for a used Saffire 6 (huge mistake, 'trading in gear' lesson learned) and it's supposed to come with an installer CD and a USB cable. The other stuff I can do without (Xcite+ Pack DVD, rubber feet, etc), but it appears I need a USB 1.1 to 2.0 converter (I think USB 2.0 is the norm now, anyway); I'm assuming that's what the Saffire 6 comes with, anyway. I'm pretty sure the installer CD's contents are under "Downloads" on the Saffire 6 page, but I'm not 100% sure.

I should be able to figure out the other stuff once I download REAPER. Again, thanks for all the help, guys. I'm looking forward to using this next week!

I wouldn't be caught dead with a necrophiliac

I don't clean my room because I'm saving entropy the effort

Drugs may lead to nowhere, but at least it's the scenic route
jhalterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:42 AM   #26
lockwolf
Recording's AdBot/Dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhalterman
Also, I seem to have a bit of a problem. I traded in my DigiTech Harmony Man for a used Saffire 6 (huge mistake, 'trading in gear' lesson learned) and it's supposed to come with an installer CD and a USB cable.

Jeez, you should have gotten 2 saffires for the HarmonyMan. Just saying :p

Also, to answer your original question, Headcase. An amazingly priced Amp Sim Suite that's miles better than most sims out there
Old 01-10-2013, 08:07 AM   #27
axemanchris
Awwww.... NOW what?!

Quote:
The most I could gather was that you are a software engineer. What program is yours that was recommended to me?

Acme Bar Gig's "Head Case" amp simulators.

CT

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk
Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
axemanchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:33 PM   #28
jhalterman
Master Baiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockwolf
Jeez, you should have gotten 2 saffires for the HarmonyMan. Just saying :p

Also, to answer your original question, Headcase. An amazingly priced Amp Sim Suite that's miles better than most sims out there

Yea, that's what I get for being impatient and wanting a Saffire 6 immediately. Sometimes I hate myself

Thanks for answering the software question, though. Couldn't figure out what program he helped create (or even created on his own).

Old 01-17-2013, 05:01 PM   #29
JohnnyMcFly

Quote:

In 2008 I decided to build a recording studio. I started looking around for software and
was absolutely shocked by the prices, the arogancy of the companies, and the utter lack of support. So I thought, they can GF themselves.. I'll just build my own and then give it away! How friggin hard can it be? I've been in software development for 20 years. Man was I stupid! it was about 3 months before I had anything that worked the way I wanted it to .. Anyways, since then I have built...

Suites
DIG 1.02
DIG 1.03
DIG 1.06
DIG 2.0
Shred 1.01
Shred 1.06
Shred 1.09
Shred 1.5x
Gestalt 1.0
Guts and Snap 1.01
Head Case 1.01
Head Case 1.54

Cab Sims
Cab Enhancer 1.04
Cab Enhancer 1.09
iFace for Redwires 1.03
iFace for Redwires 1.6
Mimic Cabs 1.02
Mimic Cabs 1.6
Filter Cabs 1.05
Filter Cabs 1.6
Sixteen Cabs
Cab EQ

Effects
Cyan Ghetto Bass
Riesen Harmonifier
DIG Delay
After Shock Delay 1, and 2
Paiz Wave Charger
ABG DR01
The Crotchless Wonder Girdle
Naus Filter ver 1 through 3
Retro Chorus
Mountain Reverb
Ping Pong
Trance Gate Tremolo
Stereo Trance Gate Tremolo
Shiver Tremolo
Hawk Tui Flanger
Gonad Delay
Skull Driver
Lainee's Third Wish Chorus
Redshift Pickup Replacer

Single Heads
Skull Job
MahaKali
Shred
Supersound 1972, 1975, and 1976)
Quarter 1 and 2
Enthalpos Median
Marvel
Preampus Brain 1, 2, and 2-1.5
Preampus Distortus
Preampus Dick Head 1 and 1.5
Preampus Knuckle Head 1 and 1.5
Preampus Pecker Head 1 and 1.5
Preampus Meat Head 1
Preampus Beat Head 1.5
Preampus Tamla Head 1 and 1.5
Preampus Gimme Head 1 and 1.5
Preampus Razor 1 and 1.5
Preampus Series 60 1 and 1.5
Preampus C-15 1 and 1.5
Preampus ISX 1 and 1.5
Preampus Catharsis 1 and 1.5
Whisper
Whisper Tube

(I might have missed some and this list does not include experimental or beta plugs)

I was asked the other day for a list of the stuff I did, or was involved in so I used this as an excuse to try and remember it haha. Now having said that, lets give credit where its due. I don't want anyone to think I did all that by myself, there was some other very talented people who helped immensely. Dave Clark, Amit Talwar, and Manwel Sitoy to name the primaries. There was other developers involved indirectly as well. Without these people's help that list would not look like that ...

Our latest release is head case though..

Last edited by JohnnyMcFly : 01-17-2013 at 05:05 PM.
JohnnyMcFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:02 PM   #30
bdof

Wow. This thread rocks!

I was gonna start a whole thread about what audio interface I should get for what I want to record (heavy metal: already have 2 great amps and cabs), but this helps tremendously.

I was just looking at the Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 USB Audio Interface, along with Reaper and probably SD2.0 for drums.
bdof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:37 PM   #31
JohnnyMcFly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdof
I was just looking at the Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 USB Audio Interface, along with Reaper and probably SD2.0 for drums.

My friend just bought a 2i4 and he loves it..
Old 01-22-2013, 04:12 AM   #32
jhalterman
Master Baiter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdof
Wow. This thread rocks!

I was gonna start a whole thread about what audio interface I should get for what I want to record (heavy metal: already have 2 great amps and cabs), but this helps tremendously.

I'm just grateful that these knowledgeable UGers put up with my annoying amount of questions Every time someone answered a question two more popped into my head, lol. Plus, thanks to my thread, I'm now sitting pretty with a Saffire 6 and waiting for Guitar Center to have a sale on headphones so I can buy a pair of Audio-Technica's ATH-M35. All I need is a baritone and life would be grand!

Rate This Thread: