Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 01-04-2013, 03:38 PM   #21
Burgery
scatterbrain
 
Burgery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: exiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfuel495
Greg Puciato (TDEP frontman) raised a good point in saying that masculinity insecurity issues play a big part in perpetuating homophobia in heavy metal music, so I wouldn't be surprised if those issues also exist outside of heavy metal. It's really the only reason I can think of aside from religion to be homophobic.

where dos this stereotype of metalheads being homophobes come from? in my experience metalheads are generally cool with that sort of thing
__________________
dicks dicks dicks dicks dicks
Burgery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:38 PM   #22
WCPhils
^^vv<><>BAStart
 
WCPhils's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Because people are uneducated and basically don't care if what they say or do hurts someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgery
where dos this stereotype of metalheads being homophobes come from? in my experience metalheads are generally cool with that sort of thing

Yea, from what I've seen most musicians are pretty accepting people. There are exceptions of course though.

Last edited by WCPhils : 01-04-2013 at 03:39 PM.
WCPhils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:38 PM   #23
digman50
Just Do It
 
digman50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Edinburgh/Birmingham
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thCircuitRider



__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by EndTheRapture51
I am fairly cliterate with my hands and mouth.
digman50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #24
ne14t
Registered User
 
ne14t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Cause people fear that which is taboo, homosexuality is not the only one. Eventually at some point humanity will take another evolutionary jump and maybe then people really wont care who other people are ****ing in their spare time.
__________________
2011 Gibson Honeyburst LP Trad. w/ SD Whole Lotta Humbuckers
2014 Gibson Ocean Water Standard Plus
Marshall Haze 15W Head/Cab
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 5
ne14t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:42 PM   #25
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?
 
Todd Hart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDawson
Ignorance and religion.

EDIT: Oh wait... it's just religion.


Fixed.
__________________
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Todd Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:43 PM   #26
DonGlover
UG's Tom Servo
 
DonGlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Satellite of Love, Somewhere in Time and Space
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgery
where dos this stereotype of metalheads being homophobes come from? in my experience metalheads are generally cool with that sort of thing

Exactly! Every metalhead I've experienced always seems quite butthurt. I can only imagine it is from taking a dick in the ass. So they must be cool with it.
__________________
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I'm the wind, baby!


▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DonGlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:44 PM   #27
Amuro Jay
goddess
 
Amuro Jay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Ra Cailum Battleship
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgery
where dos this stereotype of metalheads being homophobes come from? in my experience metalheads are generally cool with that sort of thing
I found it in a snippet about Dave Mustaine talking about his views on gay marriage, although Greg's comment was in reference to a question a fan asked him: http://www.gregpuciato.com/post/177...dillinger-and-a

I think it really fluctuates across the board. Not everyone's cool with it, but a lot of people are.
Amuro Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:46 PM   #28
5thCircuitRider
Wild Horseman
 
5thCircuitRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Silent Hill
Quote:
Originally Posted by digman50


Good educated answer right there.
5thCircuitRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:49 PM   #29
willT08
Banned
 
willT08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: waiting for milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin Gaara
I disagree with the lifestyle, but they're just like other human beings too. Sure they all have a multitude of emotional baggage but I would never harm another human being unless it was out of the act of self-defense.

wut?
willT08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:53 PM   #30
Arby911
Finding the Pattern
 
Arby911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Some people feel that bringing others down lifts them up and the only groups you can get away with openly hating nowadays are fanatics, fags and fat people.

Although of those 3, hatred of gays is probably the least acceptable.
__________________
The man who holds to a belief because of tradition, or hides it because he fears he may be shown to be wrong, does not love the truth but manifests a coward’s faithfulness to his prejudices.
Arby911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:55 PM   #31
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?
 
Todd Hart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arby911
Some people feel that bringing others down lifts them up and the only groups you can get away with openly hating nowadays are fanatics, fags and fat people.

Although of those 3, hatred of gays is probably the least acceptable.


Given that obesity and fanaticism (usually) are self-inflicted I don't see why they aren't fair game.
__________________
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Todd Hart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:56 PM   #32
eGraham
It's high time, Cymbaline
 
eGraham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Indiana
"I don't understand it, therefore it's wrong, and I am morally obligated to stand against it"
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.




October 23, 2014
eGraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:57 PM   #33
5thCircuitRider
Wild Horseman
 
5thCircuitRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Silent Hill
Quote:
Originally Posted by eGraham
"I don't understand it, therefore it's wrong, and I am morally obligated to stand against it"


5thCircuitRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:58 PM   #34
So-Cal
UG Senior Member
 
So-Cal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Most people I know are quite accepting of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arby911
Some people feel that bringing others down lifts them up and the only groups you can get away with openly hating nowadays are fanatics, fags and fat people.

Although of those 3, hatred of gays is probably the least acceptable.

Fat people should be publicly shunned, it's for their own good.
So-Cal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:01 PM   #35
Bob_Sacamano
dreamy dancer
 
Bob_Sacamano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: cooper's psyche
I'm very disappointed the first post wasn't the vin diesel op is a fag got image.
__________________
minterman22

last.fm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NirvanaLuvr16
I didn't know there were black people in the UK, until recently


Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Bob_Sacamano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:02 PM   #36
Arby911
Finding the Pattern
 
Arby911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by So-Cal
Fat people should be publicly shunned, it's for their own good.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Hart
Given that obesity and fanaticism (usually) are self-inflicted I don't see why they aren't fair game.


Thanks for confirming my point...
__________________
The man who holds to a belief because of tradition, or hides it because he fears he may be shown to be wrong, does not love the truth but manifests a coward’s faithfulness to his prejudices.
Arby911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:03 PM   #37
Philip_pepper
UG's Kanye West
 
Philip_pepper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Sacamano
I'm very disappointed the first post wasn't the vin diesel op is a fag got image.


I'm pleasantly surprised. Shows some maturity in the Pit.
__________________
oedipus_pepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by desperatechris
Love you too Philip.



Quote:
Originally Posted by magnus_maximus
I now dub thee UG's Dr Phil. Screw that other guy.


We're a generation of men raised by women. I'm wondering if another woman is really the answer we need.
Philip_pepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:05 PM   #38
ThrashUnleashed
caught w/the wack calzone
 
ThrashUnleashed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: ON, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetfuel495
I found it in a snippet about Dave Mustaine talking about his views on gay marriage, although Greg's comment was in reference to a question a fan asked him: http://www.gregpuciato.com/post/177...dillinger-and-a

I think it really fluctuates across the board. Not everyone's cool with it, but a lot of people are.


Mustaine's admitted it's because he's Christian though, hasn't he?
Either way, I've never heard of homophobia being associated with Metal.
ThrashUnleashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:07 PM   #39
Tsar66
untitled
 
Tsar66's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Hart
Fixed.

of the people i know, it's the atheists that are the really homophobic ones
__________________
tumblr.
Last.fm
Tsar66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:08 PM   #40
willT08
Banned
 
willT08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: waiting for milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashUnleashed
Either way, I've never heard of homophobia being associated with Metal.

wut?
willT08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:31 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.