Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Cover Songs
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-05-2013, 05:39 AM   #1
StrykVladzimsky
ESP through Potato

Metallica - Trapped Under Ice Guitar Cover [C4C]

For about the past half year since my birthday I've been covering my favorite songs and I thought I was going to step it up a bit from some COB and have a reasonably short song with lots of solos. This one was perfect. It took me about three months to get down, as I could barely solo at all previously but I think it came out okay. Also, I almost never see people do guitar covers standing up, so I've decided to do them all standing from now on. You can't thrash sitting down!

Also, I'll totally rate back, so just link your cover!

Last edited by StrykVladzimsky : 01-05-2013 at 06:28 AM.
StrykVladzimsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:01 AM   #2
vayne92
UG's Fedora Enthusiast

Excellent work man. I haven't listened to this particular Metallica song too much but you played it really really well. I can definitely see those 3 months of practicing paid off. Pretty much flawless.
vayne92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:08 AM   #3
StrykVladzimsky
ESP through Potato

Thanks man, I have a school project in which we need to do something creative and keep track of it until we've finished it, so I thought I'd put it to good use. BTW, I know the solos might not be perfectly in sync at times, but Kirk Hammet never plays 'em the same way either

Last edited by StrykVladzimsky : 01-05-2013 at 06:10 AM.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:53 AM   #4
onemetalhead92

wow bro .. really nice guitar !!
very good playing and technique .. the quality of sound could have been better but its ok
u nailed it
-Randall RX-15M

~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Channel

Cheers \m/ \m/
onemetalhead92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:31 PM   #5
awesomo41894

I watched it, really good job, i liked it! This has always been one of my fav metallica songs, and u did really well. The only thing i think woulda been cooler, would have been if u had, instead of even playing the solos note for note, or trying to, u shoulda just improv'd. (Basically what hammett does) HOWEVER, there's nothing wrong with the way u did it, i just think that would be the only thing that coulda made it cooler. But it was awesome as is, great playing!
awesomo41894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:52 AM   #6
StrykVladzimsky
ESP through Potato

A friend of mine has told me that I should do version like that as well, so I'll probably look into it. You never know what might come out of it, hehe.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:07 PM   #7
b.vicious

Fantastic job bro, there's really nothing I can say that hasn't been said already, so just take what positives had been said and multiply it by 2 :P. Thank you for your comment on my video.
b.vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:50 PM   #8
airjord222

Great cover! I just joined this forum so maybe ill post one later. It seems like people are a lot less annoying here in comments than YouTube.
airjord222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 06:22 PM   #9
StrykVladzimsky
ESP through Potato

Thanks, man! I just guess it's because all of us are understanding, supportive guitarists that know how much work it takes to put out these types of things

Rate This Thread: