Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-07-2013, 05:05 PM   #1
tigersinacage

Blossom (Ambient/Math-Rock/Electronic)

I've been learning to use Ableton Live from scratch for the past couple of months, so thought I'd post up some of the results. I guess it's 'Post-dubstep' whatever that even means anymore! I've tried to blend the elements of that, with math-rock style guitar (Pele, Minus the Bear, Foals etc)

Recorded all the guitar into a Scarlett 2i2 interface, then used beat-repeat with my Akai MPD26 for the glitchy stuff, and worked out/recorded the structure. Also used the MPD26 to make the beats and sample the vocal on the pads. (Vocal was chopped up, assigned to the MPD26 pads, then transposed) I also sampled the vinyl crackle you hear, then sidechained it, giving it that kind of whirling white noise effect.

Enjoy, and feel free to leave feedback, good or bad!

Profound Tactics - Blossom
tigersinacage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:13 PM   #2
Gregjr22

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigersinacage
I've been learning to use Ableton Live from scratch for the past couple of months, so thought I'd post up some of the results. I guess it's 'Post-dubstep' whatever that even means anymore! I've tried to blend the elements of that, with math-rock style guitar (Pele, Minus the Bear, Foals etc)

Recorded all the guitar into a Scarlett 2i2 interface, then used beat-repeat with my Akai MPD26 for the glitchy stuff, and worked out/recorded the structure. Also used the MPD26 to make the beats and sample the vocal on the pads. (Vocal was chopped up, assigned to the MPD26 pads, then transposed) I also sampled the vinyl crackle you hear, then sidechained it, giving it that kind of whirling white noise effect.

Enjoy, and feel free to leave feedback, good or bad!

Profound Tactics - Blossom

Sounds awesome dude, I love the minus the bear feel. Keep making shit like that, I'd love to hear more. I recently recorded a track as well, any input is greatly appreciated.

Conspiracy Song
Gregjr22 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: