Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Original Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-27-2012, 07:36 PM   #1
BigSmokeDawg
Yes We Nyan!

My first release! - "GUITAR NOISE" (Free!)

Well, I finally got around to putting together my first ever album! It's called GUITAR NOISE, and it's made up of 5 songs that I created and recorded myself.

You can listen to the sample of it here:

and the album can be downloaded (Free!) here:

http://henrymorse.bandcamp.com/

Let me know what you think! I'm really proud of what I've made, and I'm surprised that I actually managed to put something together and release it. This is a serious milestone for me, and hopefully the start of something really darn awesome!

Thank you to all those who provided me with feedback as well, you guys are sick!
Line 6 UX2
Squier Jazz Bass
Guitar Covers - DaBigSmokeDawg
Recordings, demos and songs - www.soundcloud.com/bsmoked
BigSmokeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:58 PM   #2
ARom22
Art Photographist

Killer stuff, man! This stuff has so much energy, and your playing is just on fire! I'm properly impressed, there isn't a track on here that I don't like. I especially love the J-rock ferocity of "Bright Light". It sounds like the kind of song I would expect to hear in an anime OST, and it almost has a really early GazettE sound to it with a bit of a Ken Yokoyama thing going on as well. I love it! けいおんが好き?

Book of Face
ARom22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:14 PM   #3
Metal Turtle

Its kind of has that "cartoon" kind of sound, like background music for somthing going on! Or like for a video game! Sounded great
Metal Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 10:26 PM   #4
BigSmokeDawg
Yes We Nyan!

Wow, I thought this thread had crashed and burned :O I was getting worried but then it springs back to life! Haha!

ARom22 - Haha, glad you picked up on the whole JRock thing I really need to listen to some more artists. At the moment (and have been for the last half a year or so) on Thee Michelle Gun Elephant (And Chiba's other bands) and Hikarisyuyo (Look him up, he's AMAZING!) so they're what inspired my playing the most. Also, I don't understand a word of Japanese, despite having multiple Japanese friends and listening to mostly Japanese music... lol

Anyway, thanks again! You're welcome to download the album if you want It's free and available in glorious FLAC!

(Also thanks for the follow on Soundcloud, that's where my latest songs get posted first!)

Metal Turtle - First off, you have a kick ass name! ;D Thanks by the way, I'm happy to see my lively vibes are coming across in my music. Glad you liked it!

Thank you guys! You're awesome!
Line 6 UX2
Squier Jazz Bass
Old 01-02-2013, 07:15 PM   #5
kenhv74

Love the J-rock style, man. These tracks are totally killer and badass! love the solo in the 1st song and i'd say my favorite one was the 5th song "Free". keep up the good work!
kenhv74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:56 PM   #6
BigSmokeDawg
Yes We Nyan!

Thank you! Free's solo was a personal favourite of mine, but Meltdown's got a pretty cool one

Glad you liked it!
Line 6 UX2
Squier Jazz Bass
Old 01-04-2013, 02:09 AM   #7
chrisatgrace
I've got two legs

Listened to far away friend: Guitar riffs are sick, though I think the guitar was a little too harsh. Need to dial back the treble a tad. Bass stayed too much with the guitar line. Otherwise sick song! You should get a band together.

then you'll like my band!

http://www.indecisivefew.com

...i still like big letters...
chrisatgrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:47 PM   #8
BigSmokeDawg
Yes We Nyan!

Yeah, my Mustang is a very trebly guitar As for the bass then yeah, I've been playing bass for like 4 months (Guitar 2 years) so I just decided to play it safe with it and follow the guitar. I decided it was best to just keep it in time than try to do fancy things that were way out of my league.

I should get a band, yeah... Thing is, no one in my area is exactly into the kind of music I play, so forming a band would be pretty difficult... We shall see though.

Glad you liked it!
Line 6 UX2
Squier Jazz Bass

Rate This Thread: