Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-06-2013, 09:40 AM   #1
Fouks

String question

Hey. I have a Jacksson slsxmg tuned down to Drop C. Everything sounds fine except for the F string which seems to lack tone, unlike the other strings it doesnt seems to ring out as much.

I bought the guitar approximately 5-6 months ago and had it set up by some guy at the shop. I have tried to higher the strings myself with no success, also i have checked the intonation, it's not perfect but not that bad either.

I have no idea what it could be, i believe i did experience this with my last guitar also, which was a Fender strat standard tuned. Any thoughts?
Fouks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:41 AM   #2
rockstar256

Is it wound?
rockstar256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:51 AM   #3
Daveyy666

When did you last change the strings?
Peavey Sanpera I
Ibanez AF-AF55
Daveyy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:54 AM   #4
Fouks

What does it mean by being wounded?

Havent changed them since i bought it, i'm going to buy new strings as soon as possible.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:13 PM   #5
rockstar256

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouks
What does it mean by being wounded?

Havent changed them since i bought it, i'm going to buy new strings as soon as possible.

Dude how long have u been playing old streengz? I change every month or every 3 months.
rockstar256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:17 PM   #6
Fouks

As i said, i havent changed them since i bought the guitar. I bought the guitar in September, that would be 5 months.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:36 PM   #7
Zaphod_Beeblebr
Shallow and pedantic.

Change the strings. Seriously. That would be why any of them sound dull; because they're covered in shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Foo
A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.

Zaphod_Beeblebr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:23 PM   #8
mikemedex

Hi ive recently bought a 12 string. Its the cheapest of the crap. It was bought so i could try 1 with out breaking the bank. Straight away i changed the string. I used martin extra lite strings. Im tuned a whole step down to D. My strings dont sound right so i got a new nut a saddle. Bone blanks and calved my own and it still sounds the same the normal atrings sound fine its the octaves. Mainly the A string any sujestions?
mikemedex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:39 PM   #9
Zaphod_Beeblebr
Shallow and pedantic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemedex
Hi ive recently bought a 12 string. Its the cheapest of the crap. It was bought so i could try 1 with out breaking the bank. Straight away i changed the string. I used martin extra lite strings. Im tuned a whole step down to D. My strings dont sound right so i got a new nut a saddle. Bone blanks and calved my own and it still sounds the same the normal atrings sound fine its the octaves. Mainly the A string any sujestions?

Don't buy cheap instruments? Seriously, I don't know what you expect anyone to say, of course it's not going to sound good if it's a cheap acoustic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Foo
A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.

Zaphod_Beeblebr is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: