Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-06-2013, 05:38 PM   #21
shavorules42
UG Board King

How big is the college that you're going to? Talk to the people you sit next to before class starts and talk about forming study groups. I've made plenty of friends that way, many more through my dorm/living community, and a few here and there through clubs because I don't regularly go to meetings. Most colleges have twitters or facebook groups as well where you can buy and sell textbooks, sports tickets, and make plans and friends fairly easily.

And cup his balls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake1221
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.
shavorules42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:41 PM   #22
Steyr9001

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfingers30
As someone said, join a fraternity. Don't let stereotypes fool you! Joining a fraternity is a great way to put yourself out there and also helps with a resume. Just make sure you get to know what the fraternity is about and your values align with each other. Excellent way to build social skills, team skills, leadership skills, and much more. Also at my school, fraternities and sororities don't do any hazing or that kind of bs and I'm sure most schools don't.

Truthfully I don't even know what fraternity's do.
Steyr9001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:41 PM   #23
ali.guitarkid7
a real man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steyr9001
Not at all.

Except for the most brainwashed of radical christians, no home schooled kid I've ever met wanted to be home schooled.

It's really pretty shitty.

Yeah, I've heard. At the same time though, no kid I've ever met at a school wanted to be there either

As for the advice, just try to be friendly and approach others. I doubt you'll have that hard of a time socializing if you want to.

look at you scared now hoe
ali.guitarkid7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:42 PM   #24
shavorules42
UG Board King

Quote:
Truthfully I don't even know what fraternity's do.

They do a little volunteer work and a lot of drinking and partying.

And cup his balls.

Quote:
If there's anything to take away from this thread, anything at all, it's to always cup the balls.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:46 PM   #25
Steyr9001

Quote:
Originally Posted by shavorules42
How big is the college that you're going to? Talk to the people you sit next to before class starts and talk about forming study groups. I've made plenty of friends that way, many more through my dorm/living community, and a few here and there through clubs because I don't regularly go to meetings. Most colleges have twitters or facebook groups as well where you can buy and sell textbooks, sports tickets, and make plans and friends fairly easily.

Around 20,000 students between 5 or 6 campuses.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:49 PM   #26
shavorules42
UG Board King

Quote:
Around 20,000 students between 5 or 6 campuses.

Then that should be a little easier for you to make friends because your classes are likely to be smaller, even though you'll be taking a lot of entry level freshman courses which are typically huge. Instead of having several hundred in an auditorium, you might have around 60-100 in a classroom which is much easier to make friends in since people will likely take the same seats.

And cup his balls.

Quote:
Old 01-06-2013, 05:50 PM   #27
genghisgandhi
RIP DJ Screw

Are you white?
genghisgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:57 PM   #28
Andrax20
Self-hating bassist.

Since no one's said it yet: ****in' 13'rs

With that out of the way, a key aspect to conversation is confidence, but overall just try and relax as much as you can. Don't slouch, but try not to worry too much about how you're presenting yourself. It's amazing how easily conversation can come if you're not worrying about what to say or do.
Andrax20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:57 PM   #29
Steyr9001

Quote:
Originally Posted by shavorules42
Then that should be a little easier for you to make friends because your classes are likely to be smaller, even though you'll be taking a lot of entry level freshman courses which are typically huge. Instead of having several hundred in an auditorium, you might have around 60-100 in a classroom which is much easier to make friends in since people will likely take the same seats.

Maybe a stupid question, but is it normal to just lean over and be like "hey, what's up?" with anyone that happens to be next to you? I always thought things like that would come off as pretty strange behavior, honestly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by genghisgandi
Are you white?

Yeah.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:00 PM   #30
Xiaoxi
Indeed.

If a black person waves to you while crossing path, the proper etiquette is to say "waddup mah nigga?"

Analyzing Brahms: Insights to Help Us Improve Our Music

My New Workstation
Xiaoxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:01 PM   #31
ErikLensherr
Bram Sockmann

Quote:
Maybe a stupid question, but is it normal to just lean over and be like "hey, what's up?" with anyone that happens to be next to you? I always thought things like that would come off as pretty strange behavior, honestly.

Find a girl sitting alone and come up behind her and put your hands on her shoulders, and while rubbing, lean down and (directly into her ear) whisper "hey there."
When yer ready to take the leap with yer mouth-probe and direct it under her robe, ya ALWAYS gotta give the round brown mound a bit of them sweet tongue pounds cause I tell ya, her moans will be the only sound BOO-YA
ErikLensherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:02 PM   #32
Steyr9001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaoxi
If a black person waves to you while crossing path, the proper etiquette is to say "waddup mah nigga?"

I can't tell if this is a serious question or not.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:03 PM   #33
hornet224
a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaoxi

Generally. There are some that take exception to that, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanTheKraut
If you voted anything other this, you're wrong and a queer and I personally challenge every last one of you to pistols at dawn.
hornet224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:03 PM   #34
StopReadingThis
Mr. Waaayyyyne

Quote:
Maybe a stupid question, but is it normal to just lean over and be like "hey, what's up?" with anyone that happens to be next to you? I always thought things like that would come off as pretty strange behavior, honestly

It depends. If you're fat and ugly and creepy, then don't do it. If you're a pretty cool guy, then that will probably work for you.

I don't know what I'm talking about

But I will always find a way to survive
StopReadingThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:07 PM   #35
Steyr9001

Quote:
Originally Posted by StopReadingThis
It depends. If you're fat and ugly and creepy, then don't do it. If you're a pretty cool guy, then that will probably work for you.

I don't know what I'm talking about

Well that makes sense.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:14 PM   #36
TV-Casualty

what's your living situation going to be like? if you're living in the dorms all you have to do is introduce yourself and hang out with the people in your hall. everyone wants to meet new people and make friends so that should be a no brainer. if you click with someone, make sure you see them again!
TV-Casualty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:16 PM   #37
Stugg334
Bristolian

If you're bloody hilarious then you'll have no trouble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Stugg334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:27 PM   #38
Steyr9001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugg334
If you're bloody hilarious then you'll have no trouble.

Well... Assume that I'm not.

Some people have said I'm funny and some think the opposite, so I really don't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TV-Casualty
what's your living situation going to be like? if you're living in the dorms all you have to do is introduce yourself and hang out with the people in your hall. everyone wants to meet new people and make friends so that should be a no brainer. if you click with someone, make sure you see them again!

I'll be living with my Dad and commuting.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:27 PM   #39
Ssargentslayer
Registered Abuser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thCircuitRider
You remind me of me. I don't have the answer either. Also I hate everyone, so that helps.

Even me? D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeSlinger
I basically slap my dick on my girlfriend's stomach until I get off.
brot pls
Minecraft: Bunnies4Breakfst
Xbox: Bunies4Breakfst
Ssargentslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:31 PM   #40
chronic_stp
UG's Libertarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockingamer2
Being quiet and indifferent may give people the wrong impression of you. If you chat a bit and are nice, people will see that you're a nice guy who just doesn't talk much and not some asshole shut in.

This. I'm a quiet guy and don't like talking much at all, and made no real attempts at making friends or engaging with people my first semester of college and naturally came off as an asshole. I easily made friends my second semester just by having random conversations with people before and after class. It's easier in college because you generally take classes you want to take and meet people who share similar interests with you. I'm a music major and find it easy to spark up a conversation with people about music in my classes.
chronic_stp is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: