Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Acoustic & Classical Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-27-2013, 04:06 AM   #1
ironjml

What is wrong with my guitar? Please help

Hey, I am very new to guitars.

I made a youtube video that recorded my guitar's problem. It is only one minute long. thanks in advance.

Well, I am not allow to post links. If you could just open any youtube video, just replace the video id with "wfmPX8I6Hjw" I am in an orange t-shirt.

The video is titled What is wrong with my guitar. iFyou search it on youtube. it is one of the first videos.

Last edited by ironjml : 01-27-2013 at 04:11 AM.
ironjml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:34 AM   #2
Addonexus408
Bay Area Thrash

The guitar probably has a bow in the neck, or your action is too low meaning that your strings are too low and they are touching the frets. Are there any local guitar shops in your area? I suggest taking it to them if you are an absolute beginner.
My band
Addonexus
Addonexus408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:58 PM   #3
ironjml

Thanks for the response. I will try to DIY it cuz i got youtube lol
Old 01-27-2013, 02:14 PM   #4
Captaincranky

A guitar's "action, can become too low during winter months by virtue of the air in your home being too dry. If you're being hit with static electricity shocks often, the humidity is way too low.

A guitar top can shrink in low humidity. When it does, the strings lower towards the fret board.

Read the sticky on this topic here: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...ad.php?t=987641

You should also check the neck for being "too straight, and/or having a "back bow". The term for this is "relief".

My point is, check both out the possible problems, before you try and fix anything.

You can learn about guitar setup overall, here: http://thbecker.net/guitar_playing/...up_page_01.html
Captaincranky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:18 PM   #5
ironjml

that's what i need thx a lot

Rate This Thread: