Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Bands & Artists > Punk & Ska
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-20-2013, 04:10 PM   #41
SuperBlob
DIRECT HIT!

You broke UG

Old 02-20-2013, 04:19 PM   #42
IlikeTheSKA
Respect my conglomerate

Location: I'm from where Nicky Barnes got rich as ****. New Yawk.
He was actually just a roadie for Vampire Cats.
I want to eat your children.
-Mike Tyson
IlikeTheSKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 07:38 PM   #43
█▐▌█▐▌

show
█▐▌█▐▌ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:16 PM   #44
Saint78
julian wells

nuh uh. liar.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:38 PM   #45
Dano52

I used to post on the Operation Ivy forums back in the day, that place was the shit. An integral part of my adolescence which would be trivial to some but others understand

Why does this website get worse by the day? I've always used tabs here, but just started posting.

People still argue about what is punk and what isn't? That was silly when I was 11 and its silly now that I'm 23!
Dano52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:04 PM   #46
axeslash
I got no learnin'

I drove off johnnynemo guise I'm sorry not really

Honestly I'd love to talk to him to see if we've changed after all these years. I probably would still disagree with him on MOST things but I'm technically older and possibly wiser. Mostly I just wanna tell him I have a girlfriend and live on my own and have a kid and go to college to learn math and just see if he calls me a yuppie or admits that I'm technically living life like a proper adult.

Also didn't he get on Steve for being a mechanical engineer working for a company that destroys the rainforest? All these old stories, so little time.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:56 PM   #47
pinheadslts75
BrainDamage

He was just a grumpy old ****.
pinheadslts75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:13 AM   #48
I_Pwn
is gonna find you

Will someone PM me about nemos band or some shit? I've been wanting to know for like five years now.

None of the classic UG punx are even mentioned in this thread. Waterproofpie and Cowswithguns were both cool gals. Anyone remember that goon Misfits_Disciples?

Edit: God damn I've been on this forum for almost seven years...
Old 03-03-2013, 04:13 AM   #49
pinheadslts75
BrainDamage

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Pwn
Will someone PM me about nemos band or some shit? I've been wanting to know for like five years now.

None of the classic UG punx are even mentioned in this thread. Waterproofpie and Cowswithguns were both cool gals. Anyone remember that goon Misfits_Disciples?

Feh. 8 years and counting.

I was still in middle school when I joined this shit.
pinheadslts75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:08 AM   #50
SuperBlob
DIRECT HIT!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by neidnarb11890
pfft w/e Aug 2006 what a n00b

**** both of y--
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinheadslts75
Feh. 8 years and counting.

I was still in middle school when I joined this shit.

Ah crap. Never mind.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:02 AM   #51
waterproofpie
breakfast connoisseur

HAH I_Pwn spotted me on Reddit when one of my posts hit the front page. Darn, that's what I get for using the same username on two sites.

how are you lovely folks doing? since we last spoke, I met Henry Rollins and lived to tell the tale. I think he insulted me though so forget that guy. I also have a hot boyfriend, am about to graduate college and move to the west coast.

Also, where is Prince!? Rockthe40oz!?

EDIT: I've been here 10 years. I am 21 now. so yeah, I definitely joined this in middle school haha. happy to report that I drink beer now.

EDIT: still got my Vampire Cats tat

Last edited by waterproofpie : 03-09-2013 at 11:22 AM.
waterproofpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:44 PM   #52
waterproofpie
breakfast connoisseur

yeah I met him on a bench in NYC. I went up to him and told him that I am a huge fan and had his poster in my bedroom growing up. He got a dumb grin on his face and then asked me if it was next to my Che Guevara poster. I was wearing a simple trench coat and flats so I'm sure he was just weirded out that some normal looking girl ran up to him in a sketchy park to ask questions.

since UG, I worked in comic books, then fashion and soon I'll be at one of the tech giants. I listen mostly to 90's r&b now, but I'm still punk because I wrote a thesis on the history of st. mark's place in NYC

EDIT: I'm also facebook friends with some UG vets, and I've had the occasional IM with them. although it's been so long I couldn't tell you their original UG usernames...

Last edited by waterproofpie : 03-09-2013 at 07:37 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 02:02 PM   #53
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt

Quote:

I'm pretty sure I saw Misfits_Disciples somewhere a few months ago, but I didn't say anything cuz it would be embarrassing if I was wrong and weird if I was right.
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner
lolmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:07 PM   #54
Iluvpowerchords
Flau-BEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

I wish I was doin' cool stuff w/ my life like getting jerbs @ tech giants that let you wear jeans to work. ;__;

I snuck into a wrestling tournament today to hang out with my friend in a too hot gymnasium grade school style though. Made me all nostalgic.

Onea my friends graduates this year, but still has another year to wrestle on scholarship so he can basically take a victory lap year w/ no academic requirements. College w/o College omg. The dream.

Wish I could go for a motorcycle ride to walden cuz it is beautiful but I am parked in by a car cuz I put it there so it wouldn't get towed while I couldn't ride due to snow. They tow everything in this town it is exhausting.

Gonna fill a trash can full of concrete and chain my bike to it in the front yard. Keep it classy. Oh, also I have a motorcycle again.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:33 PM   #55
ErikLensherr
blackflag, pls

I'm good, like, w/e.
ErikLensherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 12:34 PM   #56
lagunasunrise
UG Freak

I just wanted to say that I miss this forum, and I miss our chatroom. I still have my Post Modern Sounds EP.

As always:

*-)

Marshall MG100HDFX
Marshall MA50C

Boss DS-1
Digitech RP50
Digitech Whammy IV
Vox V847 Wah Pedal
lagunasunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:29 PM   #57
the glue man
beep

I've also been a lurker for a long time, posting only occasionally. Pretty sure I've been here since about 2002 or 2003 with another profile. 9 or 10 years. I'm 22 now and going to school & playing guitar the same as always. I've been wanting to put some music together for a while but I must be too lazy or something. But I remember the best parts of UG.

I never realized JohnnyNemo was in a famous band. There was one other guy, I don't remember his name, and I think I posted about this last time I posted, that was on here for a bit and then when he stopped posting JohnnyNemo said was the dude from Government Issue. I guess we can't no for sure but it seems likely. Around the time that user stopped posting we read an article about the Government Issue guy getting the shit beaten out of him. Coincidence?

Anyway I enjoy listening to a lot of your guys' music from time to time, and that's what brings me back to UG more often than pure boredom - not that I dislike any of you. Although it does seem to be lagging a lot now and it is pretty boring. We need more discussions and really opinionated people to give everybody else entertainment & education.
the glue man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:22 AM   #58
waterproofpie
breakfast connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by the glue man
Anyway I enjoy listening to a lot of your guys' music from time to time, and that's what brings me back to UG more often than pure boredom - not that I dislike any of you. Although it does seem to be lagging a lot now and it is pretty boring. We need more discussions and really opinionated people to give everybody else entertainment & education.

f'real. let's make it happen.
Old 03-14-2013, 02:58 PM   #59
█▐▌█▐▌

just go on reddit/punk

which i assume exists
█▐▌█▐▌ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 03:31 AM   #60
Skiracer110

well im still ****ing here and not ****ing dead yet

and i dunno about johnny nemo gettin beat up i think he can handle himself and know to aviod bad situations much love dude hit me hp
Skiracer110 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: