Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old Today, 12:02 AM   #1
staceap

Question Thoughts on the BC Rich JRV 7?

(I dunno how much this model has been discussed, so here goes.)

For my next guitar, I want something a bit different to what I've got. I've got an LP-type, a couple of S-types, an SG-type and a Warlock. All are fixed bridge with a few different pickups in them. My list of wants is now left at a Flying V, a PRS and a T-style, and I'd like to try a Floyd Rose this time.

Since I'm waiting on stocks of the new Chapman ML-3 to be brought to Australia (which I hear is going to be from November some time), I'm now thinking about the guitar I mentioned in the title; a BC Rich JRV 7. It ticks all the boxes I'm looking for;

- 25.5" scale, (since I only want to leave it in B Standard for playing things like Epica and different melo-death stuff, may get an EVH D-Tuna some time if need be; I have a modded Schecter Omen 7 with the 26.5" scale for deeper drop tuning),
- 7 strings and a Flying V (obviously)
- Grover Mini Rotomatics (so hopefully never changing tuners!)
- 24 frets (I don't use the high frets much, but I need the full 2 octave fretboard for my sanity where possible) and,
- Floyd Rose 1000 Series (according the BC Rich site. The Thomann page and an Aussie site say Original Series Floyd?)

B.D.S.M. pickups aren't a big deal to me, I can change them if need be. The inline headstock and neck-through construction is a bonus.

I can get the thing in Trans Purple from Thomann for around AU$800 plus shipping.

Now, I currently own a BCR Warlock Metal Web, which I do quite like besides a minor preference for satin necks over gloss, but I've seen people talk about the quality of the low-end BCR's being less than desirable. Does anyone have any experience with this guitar? Also, as a trem novice, I can never remember which Floyd Rose is which on the spectrum of FR quality, how do the 1000 series stack up in the range?

Cheers!

Last edited by staceap : Today at 12:07 AM.
staceap is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: