Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 05-03-2015, 05:39 AM   #1
panoussigabriel
Novice

ID Help on a Guitar

It may be a long shot but does anyone have any info on this guitar? There is no manufacture mark. I am new to guitars and learning how to play. This is what I could afford for now and I had the local Guitar Center check it out for what that is worth.

I know that of the pickups looks like a humbucker. Overall it kind of looks like a strat? I like the finish on the guitar and have not seem one like it. Any info would be helpful like the body style is it a strat type or ibanez? Thanks everyone.
Also I am missing a tremolo bar i pulled the tremolo off my daugters guitar but the hole on my guitar is smaller. Any ideas?

Last edited by panoussigabriel : 05-03-2015 at 05:46 AM.
panoussigabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 07:00 AM   #2
monwobobbo

looks a lot like a yamaha pacifica model.
monwobobbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 08:32 AM   #3
panoussigabriel
Novice

You know it does. The bridge looks the same the pickups too the only difference is that i have a second tone control. So do the tremelos come in different sizes? ebay has some that say 5mm for fender strat however i have not seen anything smaller than 5mm

For a cheap guitar why does the finish look elaborate? Never seen this type of striping.
Old 05-03-2015, 08:49 AM   #4
MaggaraMarine
Slapping the bass.

Looks familiar...

I can tell it's not a Pacifica (look at the pickguard). It's not an Ibanez either. The headstock shape is a bit like a Schecter, but not exactly.

Well, it's definitely a Strat style guitar.

Gear

Charvel So Cal
Ibanez Blazer
Yamaha FG720S-12
Tokai TB48
Laney VC30
Hartke HyDrive 210c
MaggaraMarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 09:29 AM   #5
JoeHalter95

It looks like someone did some mods to a strat, probably a squier. They changed the shape of the headstock (strats have a lot to work with) and did some paint work. The pick guard and neck color give it away.
JoeHalter95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 05:39 PM   #6
Emperor's Child
Isn't It?

I'm thinking the same, especially since there are no headstock marks. It's definitely not a Pacifica though. 24 frets is a bit unusual for a strat; it could be an aftermarket neck of sorts.
Blackstar HT-5
Two Notes Torpedo CAB

PC:
Cockos Reaper
Windows 7 Pro SP1
Intel Core i7 4770 (3.4GHz)
8GB RAM

Last edited by Emperor's Child : 05-03-2015 at 05:40 PM.
Emperor's Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 11:16 PM   #7
panoussigabriel
Novice

Thanks folks. I kinda hoped it was some special custom thing. As long as the mods were done properly. Anyway it sounds and feels good to me.

Makes sense who does not put a manufacture mark? Someone that is either very ashamed of the guitars they produce (this one aint that bad). I am opting toward mod and paint job too.
Old 05-04-2015, 01:56 AM   #8
panoussigabriel
Novice

I am getting closer this model the "squier affinity strat HSS" looks very similar but the jack is located on another spot. Whatever I am happy till I can afford a Gibson Les Paul or Telecaster.
Old 05-04-2015, 03:09 AM   #9
trashedlostfdup
likes hamuckers.

if it plays well, all is good.

there could be markings in the neck pocket or under the pickguard, but .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathbard
See what I mean by, "they demonised it"? Tim's attitude is typical of what they did to everybody. The media drove that sort of Disney shit into everybody's brain. Only old farts like me missed it in our formative years.
trashedlostfdup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 03:21 AM   #10
panoussigabriel
Novice

Maybe some day I will go digging around in there. For now her name is Arcane.
Old 07-02-2015, 07:12 AM   #11
panoussigabriel
Novice

Update: Did the digging after a string change. There are no markings in this thing at all. But I am happy. As a novice just learning I think an important sometimes over looked thing to look for when buying a guitar is simply does it have the I want to pick it up and play factor.
To me that means simply do I look at it and just want to start practicing. Because it feels good. Because it sounds good. Simply because I don't think yea its good but this is uncomfortable or annoying.

At times we get caught up in brands, some of the brand names I liked I don't like anymore. Mass produced crap. I got a look at Gibson factory and was not impressed. I thought for a 1000 dollar guitar the body would be solid wood. Nope its 2 sometimes 3 pieces haphazardly glued. I am sure they make a fine guitar I would prefer something a little odd. This is my preference much like my beer preference I don't do Bud or Coors hand me a micro brew please.

Anyway thanks for all the help and no matter what you play on rock on and keep this art alive for generations to come.
Old 07-02-2015, 10:44 AM   #12
Mad-Mike_J83
Offset Infantry Division

I can tell this much from the picture, it's Chinese or Korean. Definatley one of the Asian building houses in an area where they would make lower-end models.

The headstock is a Washburn type shape, I have seen it before, It may even be a Washburn branded instrument, but it was defiantly built in one of those Chinese building houses (Samick, Yako, Guyatone, Saehan), in particular - the one that was making guitars for Harmony, Kay, and early early First Act (before First Act had their own body designs) for sure - and this is going by the Pickups and hardware - I'm not sure what building house that was though or if they were still around. I do know they were quite a bit better in some aspects than what those brands previously had in the 80's/90's. The tuners look a little better than usual.

And I would not judge by the paintjob - a lot of those Asian plants do all sorts of nifty stuff with the help of computers in the past 10 years, they probably just paint the body brown, then do a waterslide decal over the top or have some kind of automated printer print the pattern onto the guitar before clearcoat.

That said, the brand does not matter. It might be one of those weird one-offish deals. I have a Segovia (Saehan built) Bass that I've never seen another one anywhere of. That happens a lot when you start talking Chinese made instruments. Those places generally just build a bunch of different guitar bodies and necks and populate per the brand they are to stamp on the headstock dictates.
- 1982 Hondo Paul Dean II (Stock)
- 2010 "Fender" Jazzmaster (Home built)
- 2013 Squier VM Bass VI (stock)
Mad-Mike_J83 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: