Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-08-2013, 01:54 PM   #1
xxSamCxx

Trem Trouble

Hi, this is my first post and wasn't too sure if this should be under the gear section or the electric guitar section sorry. I checked both but neither had anything too similar to this.

I'm using an Ibanez RG350DX with an Edge Zero-III trem, and recently noticed if I do quite large string bends while playing a note on a different string as well, that the bridge pulls forward (as if I was pushing down slightly on the trem) causing notes to go flat. I'm just wondering, is there any way to prevent this from happening?

Again, apologies if I'm in the wrong section.
Thanks
Sam
xxSamCxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:07 PM   #2
mattrusso

Yeah, that's gonna happen with pretty much any floating trem. Any time you bend a note, it'll affect the pitch of the other strings. If you want to keep using the trem, you have to learn to compensate for it by slightly bending the "non-bent" note. With this in mind, you'll get used to it; it sounds a lot harder than it is. The most important thing is to use your ear and it'll become second nature.
mattrusso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:31 PM   #3
DarthV

If you have the edge zero-II bridge with the ZPS enabled, you shouldn't really notice the strings going flat unless you're doing extreme bends. Or at least that's my experience with the edge zero + zps in my rg3570.
Kemper KPA
DarthV is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: