Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-08-2013, 03:00 PM   #1
ForeignGround

Semi-hollow repair question

I recently took out my Sheraton II semi-hollow guitar to play it after not having played it for a few weeks to discover that it has a crack in the body, starting from the lower f-hole and going out past the bridge. Judging by the crack going down the body in the f-hole, it doesn't appear that the crack is more than about halfway through the thickness of the front of the body. I am not entirely sure how this happened, but as I haven't noticed it until now, I am thinking it got cracked during a show and might be getting worse as I continue to play/handle it. Is this something that I should get fixed immediately? Also, can something like this even be fixed without having the entire front of the body on the guitar replaced?

I have links to two photos of the crack. Unfortunately I only have my laptop's webcam to take pictures with, but you can see the damage in them. The first photo shows the crack starting at the bulge in the f-hole closest to the pickups, extending back to the bridge. The second photo is a good overhead shot of the whole thing.

Thanks for your help!

-Brad

http://www.flickr.com/photos/663527.../in/photostream

http://www.flickr.com/photos/663527.../in/photostream
ForeignGround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:23 AM   #2
trashedlostfdup
land of white cannibals

i don't know about the repair, but i was just going to mention that the above post was a bot, not somebody actually saying anything. just a bot with a link.

your images are forbidden if you didn't notice so i don't know how anybody could actually see.
MESA TREM-O-VERB
MESA MKIV...

Ibanez Prestiges
Gibsons
and Wolfgangs

WTLT
trashedlostfdup is online now   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: