Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 01-09-2013, 08:14 AM   #1
a_7_x
x'; DROP TABLE *; --
 
a_7_x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Glasgow.
The 'New' Myspace

Has anyone signed up?

If so, what do you think?

I got it yesterday and had a look around - it's actually pretty cool. It was Justin Timberlake who designed it and it keeps music as the primary focus, instead of all that social garbage.
__________________


"And it's the thrill of life that enables us to flow"
a_7_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:20 AM   #2
guitarxo
cat
 
guitarxo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: cat
I might check it out later. but I've signed up for far too many networky things it's getting hard to keep track of all of them :/
__________________
cat
guitarxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:25 AM   #3
ali.guitarkid7
a real man
 
ali.guitarkid7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: punk ass white boy
You signed up for myspace?


Bahahahahahahaha!














Note to future self: if myspace makes a comeback, return to the date of this message and stop me from posting it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickman411
We're all the best except for Ali.

look at you scared now hoe
ali.guitarkid7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:28 AM   #4
a_7_x
x'; DROP TABLE *; --
 
a_7_x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Glasgow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali.guitarkid7
You signed up for myspace?


Bahahahahahahaha!














Note to future self: if myspace makes a comeback, return to the date of this message and stop me from posting it.


JT better not let me down
__________________


"And it's the thrill of life that enables us to flow"
a_7_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:34 AM   #5
ali.guitarkid7
a real man
 
ali.guitarkid7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: punk ass white boy
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_7_x
JT better not let me down

I really wanted to see myself as a time traveler, but alas, I'm depending on the work of Justin Timberlake



Eh, I could cheer myself up by remembering that I didn't voluntarily sign up for a myspace account in 2013, but that offers little consolidation given the price that was paid.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickman411
We're all the best except for Ali.

look at you scared now hoe
ali.guitarkid7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:45 AM   #6
captainsnazz
sounds
 
captainsnazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: yorkshire
Looks exactly the same as before to me. Unintuitive and messy as ever.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmyisgod97
If they didn't want to be objectified they shouldn't have been little sluts.

Ego Sig
captainsnazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:16 AM   #7
whoomit
 
whoomit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
If JT did it then it must be good.

I'm bringin' MySpace back
You mothafuckers don't know how to act
__________________
whoomit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:28 AM   #8
BlacksailsTippa
Dead Milkman
 
BlacksailsTippa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Finland
I went to MySpace just now to check it out, but it's still the old new myspace that sucks. Is this "new" MySpace some invite only thingamajigger?
BlacksailsTippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:40 AM   #9
cptcomet
Band
 
cptcomet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: UK
When you say Justin Timberlake designed it I just imagine him being Sean Parker.
__________________
455 75 34 88

(・ω・`)

Quote:
Originally Posted by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
cptcomet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:07 AM   #10
Nero Galon
Alright, Alright, Alright
 
Nero Galon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptcomet
When you say Justin Timberlake designed it I just imagine him being Sean Parker.


This.
Nero Galon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:07 AM   #11
kurt_cobain9
UG's Favorite Creeper
 
kurt_cobain9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
the new myspace is currently invite only.

new.myspace.com is where you want to go. The old myspace is still, for some reason, active.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackWhiteIsButts
I saw Pantera live once, Dime changed into a body bag right there on stage.


kurt_cobain9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:50 AM   #12
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
 
lolmnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_7_x
Has anyone signed up?

If so, what do you think?

I got it yesterday and had a look around - it's actually pretty cool. It was Justin Timberlake who designed it and it keeps music as the primary focus, instead of all that social garbage.

>Social garbage


Welcome to the Pit! Where being social is garbage!
__________________
*-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
lolmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:55 AM   #13
whoomit
 
whoomit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
I liked yr article big boy.
__________________
whoomit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:00 AM   #14
BoyLilikoi
Registered User
 
BoyLilikoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali.guitarkid7
Eh, I could cheer myself up by remembering that I didn't voluntarily sign up for a myspace account in 2013, but that offers little consolidation given the price that was paid.



Consolation?
BoyLilikoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:01 AM   #15
Weaponized
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
lol I went to check it out and my facebook tab crashed.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazysam23_Atax
Is the officer going to ask for the butt, so he or she can check whether it is hot?


last.fm
Weaponized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:10 AM   #16
tukk04
UG's Neil Young
 
tukk04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
The problem with music/band focused sites is that it'll will have mostly bands as everyday users, without the general populous you'll be mainly just be exposing your music to other musicians who are trying to do the same.
__________________
Reverbnation
Facebook

Soundcloud
tukk04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:13 AM   #17
JustRooster
Organ Donor
 
JustRooster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Madison, Wisconsin
Got a facebook and a wordpress. Don't really need another one.
__________________

BUCKY
JustRooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:18 AM   #18
Colgate Total
I <3 drugs
 
Colgate Total's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Galloping Through Bastard Fires on My Metal Chariot
I forgot my MySpace password.
__________________
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

_______________________________________________
Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Colgate Total is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:38 AM   #19
a_7_x
x'; DROP TABLE *; --
 
a_7_x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Glasgow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tukk04
The problem with music/band focused sites is that it'll will have mostly bands as everyday users, without the general populous you'll be mainly just be exposing your music to other musicians who are trying to do the same.


Yeah - that is a worry. But Myspace always had potential with music so this should either be a vital revival or the final nail in the coffin.

But...JT
__________________


"And it's the thrill of life that enables us to flow"
a_7_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:40 AM   #20
whoomit
 
whoomit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_7_x
Yeah - that is a worry. But Myspace always had potential with music so this should either be a vital revival or the final nail in the coffin.

But...JT

Do you actually really like JT?

I really do, so I hope you're not being sarcastic.
__________________
whoomit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:31 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.