Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 02-11-2013, 02:05 AM   #1
icemansg

Question Studiolive 16.0.2 for recording

Sooooo here's the problem. I run live sound for a college worship service and we've decided we want to start recording each night's preaching and worship session. the problem we found is that the soundboard we're using (Presonus Studiolive 16.0.2) has only a firewire output and the computer we're currently able to access is only USB. I have loaded all the Presonous software that came with the mixer (VST, Studio One Artist, Capture) onto that computer so we're good on that end, just can't actually access the mixer directly to record. As of now we're stuck using Audacity from a line out on the mixer because Studio One won't recognize a line in. I was wondering if y'all may know of other options to try (I'm still extremely new to recording) or know a way to convert firewire to USB easily or at least use the studio one software on the line in. Any help y'all can give would be much appreciated.
icemansg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:01 AM   #2
chatterbox272

There are Firewire to USB adapters but they're pretty shit, I highly don't recommend one. I'm guessing Studio One doesn't like the line in because it wants an ASIO driver, so have you tried ASIO4ALL?
Masquerade: #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael J. Caboose
Time isn't made out of lines, it is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round.
chatterbox272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:04 PM   #3
oneblackened
Future Breed Machine

Then get a computer with firewire? They do exist.
Originally Posted by gregs1020
I've said it before, nothing says metal like a grill you can bounce a bottle of Jack Daniels off.
What can you learn in 20 days?
oneblackened is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: