Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 01-10-2013, 08:30 PM   #41
Maximus_2005
Registered User
 
Maximus_2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
__________________
Quote:
"evil esteban"
if this thing melts again i'm takin' it to bugera headquarters, puttin' a bag of fecal matter on it, ringin' the doorbell and flippin the switch from "standby" to "on", and running.

Quote:
"tubetime86"
This wasnt even a cool story... Bro.
Maximus_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:35 PM   #42
Robbgnarly
Registered User
 
Robbgnarly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NSB, FL
Quote:
Originally Posted by LP1951
LOL! I know what I paid for my guitars and what they are worth, and you don't, so what you "think" is totally irrelevant.

Dude you come on these forums and act like your opinion and mind set is the only right way.
And I think your full of BS. Prove me wrong if I am I have no problem admiting if I am wrong
__________________
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Robbgnarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:48 PM   #43
Maximus_2005
Registered User
 
Maximus_2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbgnarly
Dude you come on these forums and act like your opinion and mind set is the only right way.
And I think your full of BS. Prove me wrong if I am I have no problem admiting if I am wrong


Dont get him started on kramers...
__________________
Quote:
"evil esteban"
if this thing melts again i'm takin' it to bugera headquarters, puttin' a bag of fecal matter on it, ringin' the doorbell and flippin the switch from "standby" to "on", and running.

Quote:
"tubetime86"
This wasnt even a cool story... Bro.
Maximus_2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:20 PM   #44
Darkflame
officialBOSS pedals hater
 
Darkflame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by LP1951
If I was using a SG as my main guitar, I would go for a used Gibson. The Epi pups, tuners and switches are simply not as good as Gibsons or even some other foreign made guitars.

In my experience, the epi tuners are much better than the Gibson ones. Also, I've never had any issue with the switches/pots. However, I've had a dead pup switch on a Gibson LP.
As for the pickups, once again, I'd say it depends. Most Gibson pickups are better than the epi ones, but I really can't stand the 498/490 combo that is found on some of their lines.
I don't find the Epi pickups to be as bad as people say, though. Sure, they're not good, but they're decent enough.

EDIT: TS, I remember playing the Epi Tommy Iommi SG and it had stock EMGs, if I'm not mistaken. I remember loving it and almost buying it even though I despise metal, just because I liked how it felt so much. Give it a look :-)
__________________
My sig is clean.
and my name's Thomas.
Wanna see my rig?
My band (Facebook)
My band (Bandcamp, free EP)

Last edited by Darkflame : 01-10-2013 at 10:24 PM.
Darkflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:21 AM   #45
Charvel1995
Ronda Rousey Fanboy
 
Charvel1995's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: London, ON
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximus_2005
Dont get him started on kramers...


Or any other brand that hasn't been "revived" since the downfall of 1980's hair metal.
__________________
Main Rig:

Epiphone MKH Les Paul Custom 7 - Ronda
Ibanez RG8 "Scarlet" - AKA The Rambanez
Fender Strat "Danielle"/"Dani"
Line 6 POD HD Pro
Randall XL 4x12

Come join us... [/SIZE]

Purchase list: Jim Root Tele, Jim Root Jazzmaster, MTM20
Charvel1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:37 AM   #46
Alucard817
Registered User
 
Alucard817's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
I doubt TS is still paying attention to the thread. He/she probably got fed up with the crap and left.

Who the FUCK cares about appreciation or depreciation except maybe gear snobs or collectors. Simple fact of the matter is TS isn't buying a guitar to sell it. He/she is buying a guitar to PLAY IT.

OT: If TS is still around.
In all honesty TS if you like the guitar then who the hell cares what others think. Check out the Epiphones that have the EMG's stock so you don't have to fork out more money then you need to.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.

Last edited by Alucard817 : 01-11-2013 at 06:39 AM.
Alucard817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:17 AM   #47
Mephaphil
No empty frets.
 
Mephaphil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by LP1951
LOL! I know what I paid for my guitars and what they are worth, and you don't, so what you "think" is totally irrelevant.


I'm genuinely interested, what did you buy, for how much and what is it worth now?

I collect comics. Mainly from the last 20 years. Marvel, DC, Dark Horse, Vertigo.

I bought Y: The Last Man number 1 for 2.50 in 2002. I loved that series so much but when I needed some money a couple of years ago I knew what to sell and for how much and I sold it for 50 that's for 1 comic book.

I'm aware that some things can appreciate quickly, I'm just interested what it was in guitars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucard817
I doubt TS is still paying attention to the thread. He/she probably got fed up with the crap and left.

Who the FUCK cares about appreciation or depreciation except maybe gear snobs or collectors. Simple fact of the matter is TS isn't buying a guitar to sell it. He/she is buying a guitar to PLAY IT.


Most people like to know that something they have has gained in value, it's comforting to know that something you value is valued by others. Not necessarily a snobbish thing at all, it's just being realistic. You'd be foolish not to concern yourself with it.

Whether or not you stop playing it because of that is a different thing, or if you buy it because of appreciation, that's a bit soulless, but to be aware of appreciation in value is normal.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredwizard445
Go ahead and spend your money, I don't care. It won't make you sound better.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredwizard445
Sure upgrading your gear will make you sound better.



Last edited by Mephaphil : 01-11-2013 at 07:24 AM.
Mephaphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:43 AM   #48
Alucard817
Registered User
 
Alucard817's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephaphil
Most people like to know that something they have has gained in value, it's comforting to know that something you value is valued by others. Not necessarily a snobbish thing at all, it's just being realistic. You'd be foolish not to concern yourself with it.

Whether or not you stop playing it because of that is a different thing, or if you buy it because of appreciation, that's a bit soulless, but to be aware of appreciation in value is normal.

The way some are going about it in this thread are seemingly snobbish to me, and to be honest when I buy a guitar whether or not it will appreciate is not even on my mind and I doubt it'll be on TS's mind as well.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Alucard817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:51 AM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.