Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Reply
Old 01-10-2013, 10:50 PM   #61
Godsmack_IV
PhD in Pinkonomics
 
Godsmack_IV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Super Luongo World
Quote:
Originally Posted by primusfan
yeah, but i wonder if that would be effective. seems like whatever's going on in my brain would probably just be a highlight reel. which is basically the same thing, right?


There's no established science for recovery, just overwhelming self-report whic indicate that it's much easier to quit porn if you quit masturbating too. Go see Gary's website.

The NoFap community on reddit suggests to abstain from porn, masturbation (with or without orgasm - this one is tough, reffered to as edging by Gary's website), and all orgasm ( less emphasis here by Gary when it comes to sexual intercourse ). Edging was a problem for me. Also had some mornings when I woke up ready to blow my load and had to put slightly pinch the bottom of my dick to neutralize.
__________________
Godsmack_IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:52 PM   #62
Godsmack_IV
PhD in Pinkonomics
 
Godsmack_IV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Super Luongo World
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastwinn
one of the big things the dude in the video stressed was "novelty" .. there's no novelty in a highlight reel. what the studies in rams suggested was that having only a few mates (a few fantasies) caused less stimulation rather than a new mate every time (internet porn).


The problem being that it quickly escalates into craving for novelty due to sensitization.
__________________

Last edited by Godsmack_IV : 01-10-2013 at 10:53 PM.
Godsmack_IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:55 PM   #63
BlackLuster
Oppan Luster style
 
BlackLuster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaceful Rocker
Hmm. I wank it everyday and live with my girlfriend, shit. sometimes i wank it multiple times a day. I dont think ill ever not watch porn.

+1
BlackLuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:05 PM   #64
Godsmack_IV
PhD in Pinkonomics
 
Godsmack_IV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Super Luongo World
Anyways, this has been personally stickied. I'll keep an eye on this thread and update as my situation changes. Just ate a sandwich, small victory for me.
__________________
Godsmack_IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:06 PM   #65
Ssargentslayer
Registered Abuser
 
Ssargentslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Calgary, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by primusfan
yeah, but i wonder if that would be effective. seems like whatever's going on in my brain would probably just be a highlight reel. which is basically the same thing, right?

When I do it without porn, after, I still feel the need to watch it so I think its something more... I feel like having a gf should be enough and I'm gunna force that upon myself
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMullet
Your username is dumb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeSlinger
I basically slap my dick on my girlfriend's stomach until I get off.
brot pls
Minecraft: Bunnies4Breakfst
Xbox: Bunies4Breakfst
Ssargentslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:08 PM   #66
primusfan
Conspiracy Music Theorist
 
primusfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: LOLville, KY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsmack_IV
Anyways, this has been personally stickied ...


__________________
#DTWD
primusfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:10 PM   #67
Godsmack_IV
PhD in Pinkonomics
 
Godsmack_IV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Super Luongo World
Quote:
Originally Posted by primusfan
show


__________________
Godsmack_IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:14 PM   #68
Ssargentslayer
Registered Abuser
 
Ssargentslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Calgary, Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsmack_IV
Anyways, this has been personally stickied. I'll keep an eye on this thread and update as my situation changes. Just ate a sandwich, small victory for me.

Has it really become that bad?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalMullet
Your username is dumb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeSlinger
I basically slap my dick on my girlfriend's stomach until I get off.
brot pls
Minecraft: Bunnies4Breakfst
Xbox: Bunies4Breakfst
Ssargentslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:19 PM   #69
Godsmack_IV
PhD in Pinkonomics
 
Godsmack_IV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Super Luongo World
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssargentslayer
Has it really become that bad?


Last few days (last 3 specifically) have been pretty bad - not indicative of the entire process - but still went to all my classes. Like I said, in my case, the withdrawal symptoms have gradually gotten worse. Hopeful that this signals the final steps of my recovery. Also, I started with porn induced ED so my case isn't really all that mild.
__________________
Godsmack_IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:19 PM   #70
VillainousLatin
That Latino Guy
 
VillainousLatin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Unreal World
I'll do it too I guess, I have social anxiety and ADHD, if I notice this helps after... hmmm maybe 2 months at least? I guess I will continue with it.
__________________
Clicky for sexy pr0nz!
VillainousLatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:19 PM   #71
JackWhiteIsButts
UG Senior Member
 
JackWhiteIsButts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Washington, DC
Bitch please, masturbation is all I've got going for me and now you want me to give it up just like that?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by primusfan
if the greeks were serious about turning their economy around they'd exploit the oil reserves in their hair and skin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaoxi
I hope there will be more mass shootings. At least 4-5 a week. I want it so that everyone is personally affected.
JackWhiteIsButts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:25 PM   #72
Godsmack_IV
PhD in Pinkonomics
 
Godsmack_IV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Super Luongo World
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillainousLatin
I'll do it too I guess, I have social anxiety and ADHD, if I notice this helps after... hmmm maybe 2 months at least? I guess I will continue with it.


If you hit the flatline/dead dick then you should consider going a full 90 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackWhiteIsButts
Bitch please, masturbation is all I've got going for me and now you want me to give it up just like that?


Give up porn. You shouldn't have to rely on it to jerk off. Then notice how hard it is to abstain from porn while you keep on jerking it.
__________________
Godsmack_IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:27 PM   #73
JackWhiteIsButts
UG Senior Member
 
JackWhiteIsButts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Washington, DC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsmack_IV
Give up porn. You shouldn't have to rely on it to jerk off. Then notice how hard it is to abstain from porn while you keep on jerking it.

I believe that pornful and nonpornful masturbation sessions can coexist in harmony. There is no reason to abstain from watching porn for not watching porn's sake unless you're also giving up masturbation altogether for some blasphemous reason.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by primusfan
if the greeks were serious about turning their economy around they'd exploit the oil reserves in their hair and skin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiaoxi
I hope there will be more mass shootings. At least 4-5 a week. I want it so that everyone is personally affected.
JackWhiteIsButts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:28 PM   #74
Wolfinator-x
Teeth
 
Wolfinator-x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Everywhere. Pantheism, lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssargentslayer
If you're not addicted to porn then you've never found the good stuff. I feel like I need to stop... I have an awesome super horny gf too so I don't see why I need porn. I'll join ya!
I will never understand why in the world people don't consider watching porn whilst in a relationship a form of cheating (unless PERHAPS you're watching it with your significant other).
__________________
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.
Artists I'm listening to a lot lately:
Stray Cats, Gustav Holst

Mah Youtube vids.
if you truly loved me, you'd watch them (psst; it's not just glam stuff)

Mah Soundcloud
Wolfinator-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:29 PM   #75
Godsmack_IV
PhD in Pinkonomics
 
Godsmack_IV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Super Luongo World
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackWhiteIsButts
I believe that pornful and nonpornful masturbation sessions can coexist in harmony. There is no reason to abstain from watching porn for not watching porn's sake unless you're also giving up masturbation altogether for some blasphemous reason.


Give up porn for mental health reasons. Also so you can fully enjoy how sexy real girls are when you're brain isn't desensitized by artificial erotica.
__________________
Godsmack_IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:30 PM   #76
MinterMan22
kulinary gangsta
 
MinterMan22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: flavor town, usa
hmm.. i wanna do this
__________________
a porchetta you won’t forgetta ! !
MinterMan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:31 PM   #77
VillainousLatin
That Latino Guy
 
VillainousLatin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: The Unreal World
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsmack_IV
If you hit the flatline/dead dick then you should consider going a full 90 days.


Will do, hopefully it isn't as bad as I think it is if I do get it, but if I do get it I guess I should take it a bit more seriously I think.
__________________
Clicky for sexy pr0nz!
VillainousLatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:32 PM   #78
Thrashtastic15
Season Ticket Holder
 
Thrashtastic15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Club Red
withdrawal symptoms lol. its porn not heroin
__________________
Huberdeau Barkov Ekblad
Thrashtastic15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:34 PM   #79
Godsmack_IV
PhD in Pinkonomics
 
Godsmack_IV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Super Luongo World
Watching porn makes you dumb.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...-working-memory

Watching porn also desensitizes the part of your brain that sends blood to your dick to get a hard on. Meaning that in real sexual encounters, less blood is sent, and your erection is less full. PORN SHRINKS YOUR DICK.
__________________
Godsmack_IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:34 PM   #80
genghisgandhi
RIP DJ Screw
 
genghisgandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Manchester, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfinator-x
I will never understand why in the world people don't consider watching porn whilst in a relationship a form of cheating (unless PERHAPS you're watching it with your significant other).

lol what
genghisgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:21 PM.

Forum Archives / About / Terms of Use / Advertise / Contact / Ultimate-Guitar.Com © 2014
Powered by: vBulletin Version 3.0.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.