Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Acoustic & Classical Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-09-2013, 04:13 PM   #1
KidMusic95

Fender CD-140SCE or Yamaha FG720S

Hi there! I'm new to the forum so I hope I haven't misplaced this.
Anyway, I'm a beginner to guitar and I'm looking to purchase one very soon. After looking online at various blogs, many guitars have stood out. At first, I was stuck between the Fender CD 60 and the Yamaha F370. I decided I was going to buy the F370 until I realised that it was not a solid top guitar. (All the blogs etc. highly recommended buying a solid top guitar due to vibrations and durability etc.). After realising this, I thought it would be more worthwhile investing in a solid top guitar in the long run.
SO, I have around 200 ($320) to spend, and these two guitars have really stood out for me. I'm open to suggestions of other guitars in this price range, but I would prefer advice based on the Fender CD-140SCE or Yamaha FG720S.
I noticed the Fender is an electric acoustic, which does tempt me. But which would be better for a beginner? I noticed that a lot of people do not like Fenders in general on the forum, but please try to not be biased haha! Also, I have small hands, so a slightly thinner neck would be appreciated.
Many thanks!

Last edited by KidMusic95 : 01-10-2013 at 12:06 PM.
KidMusic95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:24 PM   #2
stepchildusmc

i like yamahas over fenders. i've tried the 720s and like its sound. i do like onboard electronics on a guitar. you dont always need it but its ice when its there. plus the onboard tuner is handy as hell. i've only tried a few fenders and wasnt all that impressed about sound quality/value vs the yamaha's.
stepchildusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:39 AM   #3
patticake
Acoustic Goddess

i'd get the yamaha, but the fender's not bad. if you can try 'em both, i'd suggest buying the one that sounds or feels better to you.
patticake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 11:23 AM   #4
ghobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by patticake
i'd get the yamaha, but the fender's not bad. if you can try 'em both, i'd suggest buying the one that sounds or feels better to you.

+1 to that
ghobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:14 PM   #5
stepchildusmc

Patticake, you make too much sense.
stepchildusmc is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: