Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-11-2013, 05:52 AM   #21
Powersurge213

I had a girlfriend one who was a serial monogamist- we got together less than a week after she had broken it off with her ex (I had no idea), then after we broke up she had a new boyfriend in less than a week.
Some people just need to feel loved so who are we to criticise? Other than the fact she was a heartless bitch.... ;P
Powersurge213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:30 AM   #22
JackWhiteIsButts
Hard Boyled

Nope, not inherently wrong. People just don't want their ego's bruised particularly after they've been broken up with.

JackWhiteIsButts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:49 AM   #23
daytripper75
First Sword of Braavos

I don't think there is one answer. I've gotten out of long term relationships that slowly fell apart. By the end, there wasn't much left as far as feelings go. I can understand moving on rather soon after that.

SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE!
daytripper75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:21 AM   #24
guitarxo
cat

I don't think it's wrong.

At least the breakup occurred before the person started seeing someone else. The usual implication is that the person with the new partner was cheating on their previous partner, but of course that isn't necessarily true.

idk breakups usually suck more for one side than the other and the person who is more affected by the breakup will obviously be more upset if this occurs, but all this is extremely subjective so you can't really say anything about it unless you're directly involved in the relationship
Old 01-11-2013, 08:05 AM   #25
jwax

story time! so my ex girl left me because i got un believably drunk on my dead fathers birthday which is also new years eve. anyways, dumped me because of that, no sympathy for my depression/sorrow/grief didnt accept my apology...ect... immature child(me too for getting drunk lol) .
SO my bass player was dating her in less than two days. bass players amiritelol?
i dont think its wrong TS BUT when its your best friend i think that bass needs to be cracked across both his face....

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here [/B]
jwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:16 AM   #26
yoman297
how quik do i get ban

No, I wouldn't find it wrong unless one of them is seeing the other's best friend. That's sort of a dick move.

But something I know is a bit ****ed up:

My friend went through a shitty breakup with her boyfriend. She saw nudes of another girl on his phone, sent during the relationship. After that somehow she realized that she was just his "cum dumpster" and she broke up with him. After that he's been sending texts worthy of a TL;DR almost every day wanting her back. Yesterday he found her and told her about the dream he had about ****in a teacher.

This is why you cut all contact after a breakup, Pit.
and a bunch of other things
yoman297 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:21 AM   #27
CoreysMonster
Banned

I don't mind when I do it to others, but it makes me feel bad when other people do it to me.
CoreysMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:26 AM   #28
the bartender
Biologist

I don't think it would be a good idea for anyone to engage in a new relationship when he/she is still in grief over a lost one, but I wouldn't say it's morally wrong. It completely depends on the person and the situation how long that period of grief takes though.

The only situation I can think of where I would judge someone on this is when he or she is being inconsiderate of their ex's feelings by engaging in a new relationship within a very short amount of time.

To sacrifice these children

You must not do it anymore
the bartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:28 AM   #29
VillainousLatin
That Latino Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eGraham

I've a friend who is intent on breaking up with his GF but is dragging it out because he's afraid to lose sex. He hasn't said that explicitly, but it's pretty obvious what he's doing. Now that, imo, is wrong.

I have a friend in the exact same position, except that he doesn't have sex with his GF and all of his relationship with her is basically built in lies and he doesn't end it because of some stupid reason. I don't know why he lies and hide so much of his life to a lot of people, I'm his best friend and ever since I've known him different people, including family members don't even know half his life. Also he have now started to go out with one girl, which ticks me off because even if you don't feel the same about your current relationship, I think it's wrong to start cheating just because you're a coward and can't end a relationship.

That being said, my ex had a boyfriend about 3 weeks after she broke up with me and to tell the truth, it's what has made it harder for me to move on (also because I'm a bitch) since I don't know if she was cheating on me or she is just quick to get in relationships. I don't know if it's wrong but it could hurt the other person a lot, but then again, I doubt they'd care much about what happens to their ex's (and they shouldn't, really) so it doesn't matter.

Last edited by VillainousLatin : 01-11-2013 at 08:33 AM.
VillainousLatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:31 AM   #30
OVER9000VIDEOS
that ain't falco

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal4eva_22
I see nothing wrong with it, but I have been told that I'm detached and cold, so maybe I'm not the best source for this type of info.

"I may not be the best source for relationship type stuff, probably because I'm detached and cold."

Last edited by OVER9000VIDEOS : 01-11-2013 at 08:33 AM.
OVER9000VIDEOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:49 AM   #31
karstaag666
Karstaag666

If someone breaks a relationship and then starts a new one with someone else straight after, it usually means that person has been working towards the new relationship whilst in the previous one. That is wrong.
karstaag666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:01 AM   #32
the bartender
Biologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by karstaag666
If someone breaks a relationship and then starts a new one with someone else straight after, it usually means that person has been working towards the new relationship whilst in the previous one. That is wrong.

I wouldn't say that's necessarily wrong, it depends on how the person handled the situation. If the attraction towards someone else was the reason for the break-up, but the person didn't actually act upon it untill the relationship was ended, then I don't really see a problem with it. There's nothing inherently wrong with falling in love with someone else while you're in a relationship, you can't control something like that.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:27 AM   #33
JD.15

well i split up with mine a few months ago cos she slept sleeping round some guys house and saying they were just friends, when we broke up they got together almost immediately.Bitch still rings me when they argue to, as i'd want to know .....
JD.15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:32 AM   #34
the bartender
Biologist

Well she clearly didn't handle that very well. You should tell her that you don't want her to call you, or just ignore her calls if you've already done so. She can't expect you to be there for her whenever it suits her anymore, and you should make that clear to her.

Last edited by the bartender : 01-11-2013 at 09:35 AM.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:36 AM   #35
JD.15

i did man. she literally wouldn't stop. i just give my phone to someone else now until she gives up, because i can't block numbers on my phone.
JD.15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:39 AM   #36
the bartender
Biologist

Dang. Bitches be crazy.

Old 01-11-2013, 09:46 AM   #37
boreamor
^(^_^)^

Yes. It makes them horrible. Unfortunately, it's happened to me. I still struggle to say her name without getting intensely angry.
boreamor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:59 AM   #38
RealUnrealRob
Lazy Physicist

It isn't wrong to date someone else right after, but it is wrong to start a relationship with someone that's just rebound, especially if they don't know that they're rebound. I've been in a rebound relationship and I knew it was rebound, and it was fun, but it didn't end amicably.
RealUnrealRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:29 AM   #39
Zombee
UG Newbie

Well it depends how long the initial relationship was and how clean the break-up was. I think someone still needs to take some time to make sure they're not just filling a void. Its unfair to the person you're using, which is why I never took it very far in my case. I felt guilty. It definitely helps you move on, though.
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
Zombee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:53 AM   #40
Diamond Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastwinn
depends on stuff. no general statement can be made

this

Kasabian - Fire fan video/uni work. Watch it!

Jackson Dinky with TB-11 + SH-1 Pickups & Gotoh Floyd Rose
Washburn D10S
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby
Fulltone OCD
MXR 6 Band EQ
Laney VC15
Hayden 2x12
Diamond Dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: