Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Closed Thread
Old 01-11-2013, 04:31 PM   #1
guitarist1982

Fender Mustang Floor Guitar Multi-Effects Pedal

I just purchased a Fender Mustang Floor Guitar Multi-Effects Pedal. I'd like to know how (or if it's even possible) can I run it through my Mesa Boogie Dual Rec Head and be able to use all the effects. So far, I've got nothing. I'd like to be able to change channels on the Fender Mustang Floor Guitar Multi-Effects Pedal and have it come through the amp. Any suggestions?
guitarist1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:27 PM   #2
thebestjoe

Just did a quick search on images with it. I can see why you're confused

It should be possible to do. Check over the manual and make sure that everything is connected correctly.

With what I found in the PDF of it, you want to use one of the jacks marked "unbalanced out" into the front of your amplifier, or if you want to run it in the loop, then the loop send goes into the pedal input and the unbalanced out into the loop return.

Also, it has a level control for the outputs, so make sure that that isn't turned down.
RG7621 swirled
Prestige RG1420
AEL207E

Last edited by thebestjoe : 01-11-2013 at 08:30 PM.
thebestjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:59 PM   #3
Eppicurt
Don't even like pedals.

Read the manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Eppicurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:43 PM   #4
guitarist1982

thebestjoe - thanks for the advice, i'll try it out.

eppicurt - geez why didn't i think of that! believe it or not, it doesnt come with a manuel. you have to download it from the website, and it doesnt mention how to do what i'm looking for.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:38 PM   #5
gumbilicious
beginner

run the guitar into the mustang and run the unbalanced out and run it into the mesa's effects return. this will utilize all the modeling of the mustang.

running the guitar into the mesa and sending it to the mustang will start chaining preamp with modeling and i'd prefer not to do that myself.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
gumbilicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:17 PM   #6
guitarist1982

any suggestions on how to set up my mesa head? usually i use the 2nd channel and its pretty crunchy. but i don't know what to set my head settings at.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:10 PM   #7
Eppicurt
Don't even like pedals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarist1982
eppicurt - geez why didn't i think of that! believe it or not, it doesnt come with a manuel. you have to download it from the website, and it doesnt mention how to do what i'm looking for.

Way to be condescending. You didn't mention in the OP you actually read the manual at all so I'll assume you haven't, like the other 9/10 times.

Run it in the loop for general purposes. It'll be nicer for your modulations/delays/reverbs/distortions because it won't be going through your preamp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Eppicurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:22 AM   #8
ConcertShooter
Banned

It doesn't come with a manual but it does come with a hard to remove tag that clearly tells you how to connect the unit to an amp. In fact, the card about 6" x 6" and is very detailed in its description of how to perform an initial connection.

If you do take the time to download the advanced manual from Fender's website it will tell you somewhere in there that you need to push the Utility button to the right of the data wheel and keep pushing it until you get to a menu that allows you to output the sound via any number of output devices and ports.

By default, you can run a cable from the unbalanced L output straight into your amp input, plug your guitar into the Mustang Floor's input, turn it all on, and be playing in seconds. This particular unit does not take a rocket scientist to figure out and using it should be very intuitive.

In passing, web searches are your friend. In the time it takes to sign in here, one could do a simple web search and likely come up with hundreds of posts which answer said question. It works for me.

Last edited by ConcertShooter : 02-03-2013 at 11:44 AM.
ConcertShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:43 AM   #9
ConcertShooter
Banned

ConcertShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:18 AM   #10
ravemax

Hi,
I just purchased that Fender M.Floor. What you think could be a good amp under 300$ for this multi-effect pedal?
Need you help!
Thx!
ravemax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 11:19 AM   #11
Roc8995

Please do not bump old threads. If you have a question you can always start a new thread. That will give you the chance to give us some more information so we can help you more effectively.

This is a helpful start:
http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...d.php?t=1387138

Rate This Thread: