Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-14-2013, 03:23 AM   #61
c3powil
on a coconut estate

About 3 years ago my brother decided to go skydiving. He was 18 at the time, I was 17, and we have two littler bros that were about 6 and 8. My family decided to make a thing of it and all go along with him to watch.

We all go out to this big field in the middle of nowhere where they have lessons for skydiving and flying planes and such. I knew it was going to be boring so I brought the nintendo ds my girlfriend gave me for my birthday along with a couple of games like pokemon diamond and spore.

When we got there we ended up waiting about 2-3 hours for my older bro to catch his flight and actually do the jump. During that time he was being taught the general safety and such. The rest of our family was waiting outside with some other random families. One such family happened to be one that apparently camped out in a little airstream camper. They had a daughter about my little brothers' age. As soon as we got there she was trying to talk to my little bros, asking them their names, what were they doing, introducing herself, you know. My little bros did not take kindly to it. They were at that awkward stage where they didnt like to talk to strangers, especially girls. Never girls. So they brushed her off.

She was a very persistent little girl, though, and very polite. She asked them if they wanted to go with her to feed her dogs and they agreed, I guess the boredom had gotten to them. The next thing I know, one of my little bros, who is a REALLY BIG CRYBABAY was running back, tears in his eyes. Apparently one of the dogs had come too close and scared him. He claimed that it bit him but there were no marks. My father then forbid the little bros to leave the area. The little girl apologized profusely, even though I seriously doubt that anything had actually happened. I got the feeling that she was more upset than my crybaby little brother.

My little brothers refused to talk to her, they ignored her questions, pretended like she wasnt there. The little girl climbed up to the table where my mother and I were sitting. She said a few words but mostly just sat there. Suddenly I noticed tears running down her cheeks as she put her head in her folded arms. I cant even keep my eyes from tearing up as I type this. I ask her whats wrong and she says, "I never have any friends, no one talks to me or wants to play with me." I had overheard that her family frequently camped out at different parks. I got the feeling that they were one of those types of families that didnt own a home, just a camper, and drove from camping spot to camping spot across the state. She was probably being homeschooled by her parents. She probably never had the chance to make any long term friends, and here she couldn't even make any short term ones.

Being the awkward, antisocial guy that I am, I immediately defaulted to my mother. She was a deer in headlights. I guess I expected her to know what to do or say, but she is just as awkward and antisocial around strangers as I am. "It'll be okay," was all she said. And then turned her head forward and seemed to hope the situation would just dissolve if she ignored it.

Needless to say, I was shocked. I guess I expected her to do a little more, be a little more caring and helpful. But in hindsight I guess I forgot that my mother had 4 children and they were all boys. She didnt know what to do just as I didnt know what to do.

But this little girl sitting there crying, somehow tugged at my heartstrings. I forced myself to exit my shell and subject myself to more prolonged social interaction. I hopped up from the table and ran to the car. I retrieved the nintendo DS and games, and ran back to the table. She was still there, no longer crying, just depressingly sulking.

I asked her if she knew what it was. I dont think she really knew, but she acted as if she had seen something like it before. I put in pokemon and loaded a fresh new game. I asked her if she could read and she said yes, so after a few lessons about the buttons, touch screen, power switch, etc, she was on her way to becoming a pokemon master.

My little brothers would not have this. They swarmed her like ants on honey trying to figure out why in the world I would let this stranger, a girl stranger, play my beloved game system. I had single handed made her them most popular kid on the block, so to speak. I watched as my little brothers guided her and explained the concept of fighting capturing pokemon. She was so happy.

Later my family was getting ready to leave. My little brothers never missed an opportunity to remind me that the little girl still had my DS. I didnt care. I walked back to the car ahead of my family, grabbed everything else that I had brought and gave it to the little girl. She looked confused and raised the DS up to my hands so she could give it back to me. She must have known I was leaving because we were all packing up and walking off. I put my hands up and said, "No, its yours, you keep it." She looked like she didnt know what to say. I hoped my family hadnt noticed, as I had walked ahead so that they would be getting in the car as I was leaving it. This was not the case. My little brothers bawked at the sight of what had happened. It was as if everything they had known was now in question. They prize their video games more than life, Im sure. Something like that would never makes sense to them.

I left quickly, hoping they wouldnt make a big deal about it and tell my parents. For some reason, i was embarrassed for my parents to know what I had done. Surely, they also would ask why.

I still think about that little girl sometimes. I pray she is happy. I worry that the battery in the DS would die, as I had forgotten to bring the charger. I gave her some money, 15 dollars, I think, so that she could buy one. I told her that specifically, to tell her parents what the money was for. But then I worry that her parents would not believe her and assume she picked it up somewhere, or worse, stole it. I pray I did not make things worse for that little girl. I just hope that, whatever the case, she isn't lonely anymore.

Edit: HOLY COW! What a wall of text! If anyone can wade through that mess, kudos.

Last edited by c3powil : 01-14-2013 at 03:24 AM.
c3powil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:32 AM   #62
willT08
SM58 beater

Just thought I'd add, the reason my mate laughed at the homeless person was because the dog he had was whimpering on a Birmingham winter night (that shit cold) under a slightly oddly patterned rug.

What other lovely things have I seen happen?

At school somebody made a joke about a girl's dead mother. After that she sat alone every lunch for literally 2 years, not a single person in the whole school would talk to her.

In lessons with our French teacher we used to bring up Germany semi-regularly because it made her cry about WWII.

Just remember that for every nice thing people do, they do about a 1000 bad things.

I piss in my mate's sink when I stay at his
willT08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:37 AM   #63
BlueAltitudes
The Virtuoso's Brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3powil
About 3 years ago my brother decided to go skydiving. He was 18 at the time, I was 17, and we have two littler bros that were about 6 and 8. My family decided to make a thing of it and all go along with him to watch.

We all go out to this big field in the middle of nowhere where they have lessons for skydiving and flying planes and such. I knew it was going to be boring so I brought the nintendo ds my girlfriend gave me for my birthday along with a couple of games like pokemon diamond and spore.

When we got there we ended up waiting about 2-3 hours for my older bro to catch his flight and actually do the jump. During that time he was being taught the general safety and such. The rest of our family was waiting outside with some other random families. One such family happened to be one that apparently camped out in a little airstream camper. They had a daughter about my little brothers' age. As soon as we got there she was trying to talk to my little bros, asking them their names, what were they doing, introducing herself, you know. My little bros did not take kindly to it. They were at that awkward stage where they didnt like to talk to strangers, especially girls. Never girls. So they brushed her off.

She was a very persistent little girl, though, and very polite. She asked them if they wanted to go with her to feed her dogs and they agreed, I guess the boredom had gotten to them. The next thing I know, one of my little bros, who is a REALLY BIG CRYBABAY was running back, tears in his eyes. Apparently one of the dogs had come too close and scared him. He claimed that it bit him but there were no marks. My father then forbid the little bros to leave the area. The little girl apologized profusely, even though I seriously doubt that anything had actually happened. I got the feeling that she was more upset than my crybaby little brother.

My little brothers refused to talk to her, they ignored her questions, pretended like she wasnt there. The little girl climbed up to the table where my mother and I were sitting. She said a few words but mostly just sat there. Suddenly I noticed tears running down her cheeks as she put her head in her folded arms. I cant even keep my eyes from tearing up as I type this. I ask her whats wrong and she says, "I never have any friends, no one talks to me or wants to play with me." I had overheard that her family frequently camped out at different parks. I got the feeling that they were one of those types of families that didnt own a home, just a camper, and drove from camping spot to camping spot across the state. She was probably being homeschooled by her parents. She probably never had the chance to make any long term friends, and here she couldn't even make any short term ones.

Being the awkward, antisocial guy that I am, I immediately defaulted to my mother. She was a deer in headlights. I guess I expected her to know what to do or say, but she is just as awkward and antisocial around strangers as I am. "It'll be okay," was all she said. And then turned her head forward and seemed to hope the situation would just dissolve if she ignored it.

Needless to say, I was shocked. I guess I expected her to do a little more, be a little more caring and helpful. But in hindsight I guess I forgot that my mother had 4 children and they were all boys. She didnt know what to do just as I didnt know what to do.

But this little girl sitting there crying, somehow tugged at my heartstrings. I forced myself to exit my shell and subject myself to more prolonged social interaction. I hopped up from the table and ran to the car. I retrieved the nintendo DS and games, and ran back to the table. She was still there, no longer crying, just depressingly sulking.

I asked her if she knew what it was. I dont think she really knew, but she acted as if she had seen something like it before. I put in pokemon and loaded a fresh new game. I asked her if she could read and she said yes, so after a few lessons about the buttons, touch screen, power switch, etc, she was on her way to becoming a pokemon master.

My little brothers would not have this. They swarmed her like ants on honey trying to figure out why in the world I would let this stranger, a girl stranger, play my beloved game system. I had single handed made her them most popular kid on the block, so to speak. I watched as my little brothers guided her and explained the concept of fighting capturing pokemon. She was so happy.

Later my family was getting ready to leave. My little brothers never missed an opportunity to remind me that the little girl still had my DS. I didnt care. I walked back to the car ahead of my family, grabbed everything else that I had brought and gave it to the little girl. She looked confused and raised the DS up to my hands so she could give it back to me. She must have known I was leaving because we were all packing up and walking off. I put my hands up and said, "No, its yours, you keep it." She looked like she didnt know what to say. I hoped my family hadnt noticed, as I had walked ahead so that they would be getting in the car as I was leaving it. This was not the case. My little brothers bawked at the sight of what had happened. It was as if everything they had known was now in question. They prize their video games more than life, Im sure. Something like that would never makes sense to them.

I left quickly, hoping they wouldnt make a big deal about it and tell my parents. For some reason, i was embarrassed for my parents to know what I had done. Surely, they also would ask why.

I still think about that little girl sometimes. I pray she is happy. I worry that the battery in the DS would die, as I had forgotten to bring the charger. I gave her some money, 15 dollars, I think, so that she could buy one. I told her that specifically, to tell her parents what the money was for. But then I worry that her parents would not believe her and assume she picked it up somewhere, or worse, stole it. I pray I did not make things worse for that little girl. I just hope that, whatever the case, she isn't lonely anymore.

Edit: HOLY COW! What a wall of text! If anyone can wade through that mess, kudos.

Read it and lived it as I read it my friend. That was incredibly nice of you man .

Edit: Upon further revision you may have just created another weird, antisocial gamer!

Haha, who knows, but you'll be forever etched in her memory.

You could just show her that you have a PS3 and BANG.

Heterosexual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal4all
A chainsaw can take a girl off her feet pretty nicely. Then there are less limbs to worry about while you rape her.

Last edited by BlueAltitudes : 01-14-2013 at 07:36 AM.
BlueAltitudes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:58 AM   #64
SlackerBabbath
Est. 1966.

Quote:
long post

That deserves a round of applause. Well done.

Slacker's Art Website.
SlackerBabbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 04:48 AM   #65
Thrashtastic15
Golden

idk, i try to be as nice of a person as i can every day. im a bit bummed because people arent very friendly in the big city.
Thrashtastic15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:16 AM   #66
jjfeu662
Celestia

3 yesses. I hate poser good samaritans.
But the bards' songs will remain
Tomorrow will take it away
The fear of today
It will be gone
Due to our magic songs
ALL HAIL CELESTIA
jjfeu662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:19 AM   #67
Highelf04
UG's ONLY Batgirl

No
No
No

in the balls

LEICESTER CITY

Like us on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/ClockHouseBand

Clockhouse is a thing
Find us
Listen to us
Love us
Highelf04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 07:24 AM   #68
T00DEEPBLUE
UG's Towel

Location: Where people steal things and call cigarettes, 'Ciggys'
Quote:
Long post

This post made my day. Not much else to say other than what you did was incredibly generous.

(´・ω・`)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chookiecookie
sounds more nasal than jack sniffing an ass
T00DEEPBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 08:13 AM   #69
red_hot_chili18
Russian Circles.

I always hold doors open for people, cook basic food for people, invite em round my house, let em borrow my bass equipment for gigs or recordings.....

I'm a nice guy.

www.hourglasspromo.co.uk - live music promotion website, 'av a gander!!!

I'm selling an Ibanez BTB 24 fret limited edition bass for £150, PM me.

PSN: BenGarbutt1989
red_hot_chili18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:57 AM   #70
c3powil
on a coconut estate

Thanks guys

I hope everyone gets a chance to do something like that in their life. I don't know for sure if I made any permanent change in her life, but i hope so. And if I created just another antisocial gamer, at least she'll be happy gaming!

Rate This Thread: