Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 11-16-2012, 03:48 PM   #1
pranavgautam67

Lightbulb Best guitar between these for Rs. 20000 (400$-450$)

Bc Rich Beast V - 20,500
Greg Bennett IC30 - 20,200
Ibanez GRGR011LTD - 22,000
Greg Bennet AV3 - 16,200

Im a good metal guitarist (All practiced at friends guitar).. i play metal. But i dont own any guitar. So, i will buy a new guitar of my own.. ..
The thing is there are too many options. For a week i have been trying to find the best suit for me..Now, i have come down with these options (stated above 4 with prices).

The main thing:
I usually will play metal but i love acoustic.. so i need a guitar which can do both sounds equally.. Or atleast dont distrort the clean channel...Getting me?
Simply, i need a guitar which can play High gain metals and Jazz/Bluesy too. can any guitar do it???

So, which guitar out of these 4 do you prefer for me (metal and blues)??

Btw, i will be buying Fender Mustan II amplifier ..

Just one more question, will i be able to use this amp with whammy pedal??
pranavgautam67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 04:23 PM   #2
Huge Guy
My muscles sure are mean!

I usually recommend Ibanez but why are you looking at that particular model? If you ever play out with that people's attention is gonna be drawn to the guitar, not you or your playing and it does scream "metal."
Huge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:41 PM   #3
pranavgautam67

Im looking at that particular model because it kinda looks cool and funky.
Although, from what i have seen on youtube, i will go for GB ii IC30 or AV3. Although i will try them out at the shop.And i went to three or four shopes in my area 5 days ago, and none of them had any Greg Bennet.. So, at that time my choice was between Beast v and Greg Bennet ... And which model from ibanez do you recommend, or is it that you recommend it as the (BEST) company in your opinion between these?
Old 11-16-2012, 05:48 PM   #4
MM14
Master Baster

from the guitars you listed Greg Bennett IC30
MM14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:34 AM   #5
Arjun_M

Where are you currently located? If it's somewhere in India, a $400-450 guitar would cost anywhere between INR 27000-35000, and those guitars you listed actually cost a lot less than that. If you're in India and buying a Greg Bennett, test one out, and then buy it online from Furtado's. There's a load of money to be saved, and you can upgrade from AV3 to AV6 by buying from the site. Since you listed the Interceptor, why not think about the Concorde? You can buy that from the site for under INR 20000.

Buying online isn't such a bad thing if you know what you're buying. If you get a lemon, you can send it back. Buying from some shops, you might just get a lemon when you try it out there itself, as two of us have found out here.

You can also try out Dean guitars, and SB Music from Mumbai can offer you a few decent ones at that price. If you can stretch your budget to INR 25000, you can get some regular Ibanez from that shop- like an RG370DX.

If you're in the United States, make the best use of the cash in hand and explore better options, because you'll get plenty.

Last edited by Arjun_M : 11-17-2012 at 04:39 AM.
Arjun_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 04:47 AM   #6
dannyalcatraz

I have to say that I own 2 Deans that I love, but I wouldn't buy any of their sub-$500 models...but I live in the USA where I'm spoiled for choice. I just think that other makers like Ibanez & Shechter deliver better products at that price.

That may not be true where you live, though.

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!
dannyalcatraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 05:12 AM   #7
Arjun_M

So the low-priced import Deans are like the BC Rich guitars at that price? There's a belief that BC Rich is good only for metal because of its tone, although we know the quality of those guitars is rather poor. Yes, Schecter offers a better guitar, but at a slightly higher price. Ibanez is one guitar I would recommend, as long as it's not a GIO. The GIOs here sound rather bad, and we're better off starting with the regular Ibanez at a stretched budget.
Old 11-17-2012, 05:24 AM   #8
dannyalcatraz

I can't really compare Deans and BC Rich- I've only played one BC Rich, and it was an entry level model.

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!
dannyalcatraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:50 AM   #9
pranavgautam67

Guys, its actually a stretched budget. So, i wont be able to go to 25,000!
So, should i go for IC30??
Old 11-17-2012, 03:36 PM   #10
pranavgautam67

Anyone??
Old 11-18-2012, 12:55 AM   #11
Arjun_M

Where are you located? Then we can suggest something more accurately. Assuming you are somewhere in India, you can order the Greg Bennett Concorde, which comes at Rs 14000 when you buy it online from Furtado's.

The Interceptor (IC-30) has been listed with a discount, but you can't buy it online. Worse, when you go to the shop, they'll sell it to you at the list price! The discounts can only be gained online, not in the shops, though the ad says they can be used anywhere. Furtado's are not the most customer-friendly shop anyway.
Old 11-18-2012, 03:32 AM   #12
lamb of dog
Satan's noisy neighbour

If you are into metal i strongly strongly recommend checking out ibanez grg170dx.

Dont let the gio tag fool you,u are buying the guitar not the tag, and it will blow away any ibanez prestige guitar with stock pickups, how do i know??

thank me later.
Welcome! Now do yourself a favor and run away. Run as far away from gear forums as is humaly possible! If you follow this advice, you'll be able to tell your grandchildren about the guy who saved you from yourself.

Last edited by lamb of dog : 11-18-2012 at 03:45 AM.
lamb of dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 03:39 AM   #13
lamb of dog
Satan's noisy neighbour

and on the same note can i ask why fender mustang II as your choice of amp, i played it yesterday also tried roland cube 40xl, and imho from one metal guitarist to another they all sounded weak. I only checked their distortion channel cant say much about the cleans and the effects though.
Welcome! Now do yourself a favor and run away. Run as far away from gear forums as is humaly possible! If you follow this advice, you'll be able to tell your grandchildren about the guy who saved you from yourself.

Old 11-18-2012, 04:49 AM   #14
pranavgautam67

Yes. Im located in india..Now which one do you suggest?
And i will buy Voxvt40+ or Mustang II ! Not actually sure about these..First try, Then buy!
Old 11-18-2012, 04:53 AM   #15
pranavgautam67

Yes. Im located in india..Now which one do you suggest?
And i will buy Voxvt40+ or Mustang II ! Not actually sure about these..First try, Then buy!

And dudes, i checked furtados n their price is very low..
I think i will be buying online from that site.
Is it reliable?
Old 11-18-2012, 05:14 AM   #16
jmaguire

Check out the Vypers. They're awesome modelling amps. They get a lot of love on here.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:26 AM   #17
lamb of dog
Satan's noisy neighbour

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaguire
Check out the Vypers. They're awesome modelling amps. They get a lot of love on here.

+1

Peavey vyper 60 or vyper 30. i strongly recommend you to go to a shop and check the mustang, the vyper and vox side by side, if u still cant hear the difference then probably im in the "wrong" thread.

And if u are so hell bent on buying online try bajaoo.com, rajmusicals.in(though they may be closed for the week as their owner died), bhargavas(a little pricy than others but good and free service and they carry a very good collection of guitar)

Last edited by lamb of dog : 11-18-2012 at 05:32 AM.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:15 AM   #18
pranavgautam67

Im strongly towards fender mustang bcoz i have played it at my friends. From what i have played in my last 1 year. This was one of the best experience .. And i find other people enjoying playing through it too...Many youtube reviews are +1 for this amp..
And im buying online bcoz the prices are very less.. There are differences of Rs5000-6000..
Old 11-18-2012, 08:21 AM   #19
lamb of dog
Satan's noisy neighbour

5000!!!, where do u live by the way?

Old 11-18-2012, 09:28 AM   #20
pranavgautam67

New Delhi, India !
And im talking about rupees, not dollars..

Rate This Thread: