Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings > Tabs & Chords
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 12-14-2012, 06:33 AM   #1
Wild_One

Globalized Hoax (Death Metal) (GP5 + MIDI) (C4C)

after recently struggling between my school and my guitar life, I finally able to finish this song...

this is a death metal song, but I'm not sure about the ideas behind the song, it's just came by itself.

and I plan to use this song for my first demo with my band

as usual, comments are welcome and always C4C...
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 Globalized Hoax.gp5 (102.7 KB, 251 views)
File Type: mid Globalized Hoax.mid (92.8 KB, 110 views)

Instrumental
Metalcore
Death Metal
80's
Globalized Hoax
Technical Difficulties (Cover)
Wild_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:01 AM   #2
EpiExplorer
Pulling straws at random

Pretty ****ing awesome XD

Bit too much Death influence though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ometh
Eip pls
EpiExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:25 AM   #3
ectwiik

Sounds alright, although not very memorable to my ears on my first listen-through.
Reminded me a bit of Death too and the Riff 1 gave me some Gorod-vibes (I'm not sure why).
I thought the solo part flowed in particularly well.

Good stuff.
ectwiik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 07:51 AM   #4
xbitmetal

īSounds like awesome. I liked first verse riff very much. Also good basslines. I still think some drums should use reworking. Riff 4 was too odd for my death-metal taste, but I think it fits anyway. Riff 5 was somehow generic but also brutal.
Solo reminded me of death. Bass fill sounded good on 106. Riff 6 drums didn't fit to the riff. I suggest to change ending somehow. It was too solid, I suggest doing some sort of blast.
This crit was related to my own taste, but overall the song was good as it is.
What should I say.. 7-8/10
xbitmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:01 AM   #5
Wild_One

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpiExplorer
Pretty ****ing awesome XD

Bit too much Death influence though.

thanks bro

you're pretty right about death influence, although i just realized it

maybe i listen to death's sound of perseverance too much recently, that album is killer

Instrumental
Metalcore
Death Metal
80's
Globalized Hoax
Old 12-14-2012, 11:08 AM   #6
Wild_One

Quote:
Originally Posted by ectwiik
Sounds alright, although not very memorable to my ears on my first listen-through.
Reminded me a bit of Death too and the Riff 1 gave me some Gorod-vibes (I'm not sure why).
I thought the solo part flowed in particularly well.

Good stuff.

Thanks man!

Not a surprise though, because those 2 bands are my influences and i often listening to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbitmetal
īSounds like awesome. I liked first verse riff very much. Also good basslines. I still think some drums should use reworking. Riff 4 was too odd for my death-metal taste, but I think it fits anyway. Riff 5 was somehow generic but also brutal.
Solo reminded me of death. Bass fill sounded good on 106. Riff 6 drums didn't fit to the riff. I suggest to change ending somehow. It was too solid, I suggest doing some sort of blast.
This crit was related to my own taste, but overall the song was good as it is.
What should I say.. 7-8/10

Thanks, what a detailed critics!

I'll check out the drum part later, i'm not very good at making drumbeat in guitar pro

Instrumental
Metalcore
Death Metal
80's
Globalized Hoax
Old 12-14-2012, 01:38 PM   #7
adamgur96
Not caring no more

Location: On a Small Ugly Rock In Space, Surrounded By Over 7,000,000,000 Ignorant Cunts And Retąrds....... Status: If I Just Posted This Then I Probably Have Too Much Spare Time.....
Great stuff!

Very interesting riffs and grooves. I really like what you did with riff 4, the drums give it a fusiony vibe instead doing a blastbeat like in some of the other riffs.
The verse also makes me head bang alot.

The only complaint i have is the solo, it doesn't really have any melody in it, imo you should re-write it. Try to sing a melody, it draws the listener more than just shredding.

All and all i'd say you have a great song right there.

C4C ?
Old 12-14-2012, 06:11 PM   #8
Wild_One

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamgur96
Great stuff!

Very interesting riffs and grooves. I really like what you did with riff 4, the drums give it a fusiony vibe instead doing a blastbeat like in some of the other riffs.
The verse also makes me head bang alot.

The only complaint i have is the solo, it doesn't really have any melody in it, imo you should re-write it. Try to sing a melody, it draws the listener more than just shredding.

All and all i'd say you have a great song right there.

C4C ?

thanks for the comment!

yeah, actually i didn't mean to put that part; and it just came up accidentally. But glad you dig it.

I'll check out the solo again ASAP, and see whether i can change it...

Instrumental
Metalcore
Death Metal
80's
Globalized Hoax
Old 12-27-2012, 04:27 PM   #9
1crazyboy7

The riffs all sound really good and the bass is well written and not boring like a lot of songs.

The solo sounded good, but could of used more direction imo. I think it started out well, but in the end it just sounded like notes in the scale being used in a generic solo way.

Overall it sounded good even if its not something I would usually listen to.

Thanks for your crit also.

Thats my last.fm page. Listen to my metalcore recordings!
1crazyboy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:38 AM   #10
AtTheGates\m/
At The Gates \m/

i think the first riff could be played once to be a good segue into the next part so it's like
smack you in face a bunch of times then the like bar 3, 5 shit then ending in pinch harmonic so like howling into the sky then descent into chaotic fast part

verse is awesome

the tremolo picked part slightly detracts from riff 2 by not really saying as much as the rest of the riff seems to a small extent like a place holder

riff 5 is pretty cool

hmmm solo is not bad put the little like 2(16th)1(8th) then 2(quarter) parts kind of seem like place holders for ideas you haven't had yet
also imagine something after the pinch harmonic ending similar to end of chucks solo's in lack of comprehension or vacant planets would fit nicely unless u want the abrupt change back into the song

idk about the amount of time the post solo thing is played
AtTheGates\m/ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 12:45 PM   #11
Seb1uk

I thought the first riff was pretty BTBAMish actually. There's some cool riffs, like Riff 2. Riff 4 was probably my favourite section. The solo was lacking a bit but riff 6 was cool again.

Not really into death metal but I still enjoyed it. Nice one.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:58 PM   #12
FrauVfromPoB
A Reasonably Talented Guy

I thought it overall was really sick. That dance-y fusion-y beat in riff 4 made me hard. I love stuff like that for some reason. The whole song was really nice. It balance melody perfectly with wank and brutality which is some that can't be said for much modern death metal. Easily could have been on Sound of Perseverance, or on the album Atheist would have written had they not taken a million-year break between Elements and Jupiter. not saying it's unoriginal. The influence is obvious. That's all.

EDIT: If you're down to C4C, I never got a proper response on this tab that I threw up here a while back. I would love for someone to sit down and give it some serious thought: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...etal+tech+death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis Lightfoot
I opened the door and went round and round and I banged my head and then my arm fell off.

Last edited by FrauVfromPoB : 12-30-2012 at 09:01 PM.
FrauVfromPoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:02 AM   #13
Wild_One

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrauVfromPoB
I thought it overall was really sick. That dance-y fusion-y beat in riff 4 made me hard. I love stuff like that for some reason. The whole song was really nice. It balance melody perfectly with wank and brutality which is some that can't be said for much modern death metal. Easily could have been on Sound of Perseverance, or on the album Atheist would have written had they not taken a million-year break between Elements and Jupiter. not saying it's unoriginal. The influence is obvious. That's all.

EDIT: If you're down to C4C, I never got a proper response on this tab that I threw up here a while back. I would love for someone to sit down and give it some serious thought: http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/foru...etal+tech+death

thanks for the comment!

I'll check out your tab, and i'll comment it...

Instrumental
Metalcore
Death Metal
80's
Globalized Hoax
Old 01-05-2013, 04:59 PM   #14
guy_mtx

I'm not really a fan of death metal but I thought this was extremely competent and I like the way that the dynamics change a lot- and riff 4 is great because it's so unexpected and different. The solo is also perfect for the song, it's fast but it's not completely amelodic either, and the bass goes well with it.
guy_mtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:09 PM   #15
Angelicc

Hey man,

First of all thanks for the crit and I took a look over your song. I enjoyed it, it sounds really good & I wouldn't mind hearing a recording of a finished product!

The riffs were really good, I just found riff #3 a bit bland and repetitive. A few people had mentioned the solo being a bit generic or whatever and I just added some stuff and made some minor changes to it.

Anyways though, nice job!
Attached Files
File Type: gp5 Globalized Hoax (solo ideas).gp5 (103.4 KB, 30 views)
Angelicc is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: