Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Gear Building & Customizing
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-13-2013, 02:32 PM   #1
W4RP1G
Please, call me Pig.

Regular size 2-way toggle?

Does anyone know if there exists a 2-way toggle that looks and feels like a Les Paul toggle, but with 2 positions. I know about mini toggles, but they are a little small for what I want to do. I intend to make a 1 pickup guitar with a tone switch for toning down the bridge pickup for leads and sweeps, but I'm not exactly happy to use a mini toggle for that.

If nothing exists, then I might end up using a push/push pot for the switch, but right now that does not seem ideal.
W4RP1G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:05 PM   #2
Robbgnarly

They have them in automotive stores, you would want an on-on switch. It might be kinda bulky though.

You can always give StewMac a call and see if maybe they have one.
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Robbgnarly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:09 PM   #3
W4RP1G
Please, call me Pig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbgnarly
They have them in automotive stores, you would want an on-on switch. It might be kinda bulky though.

You can always give StewMac a call and see if maybe they have one.

I think the ones in the automotive stores will be kind of stiff and probably loud when switching. I was hoping for something as smooth as a Les Paul toggle.

I might call stewmac about it if I can't find one somewhere. But right now I'm thinking that such a switch doesn't exist
Old 01-13-2013, 03:30 PM   #4
Viban
UG's resident bum

I've got a toggle like this in my guitar as a control bypass and it's not really loud, The only complaint I have with its not exactly hard to throw or anything. I don't see why that type of switch would be a problem.

Last edited by Viban : 01-13-2013 at 03:34 PM.
Viban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:17 PM   #5
W4RP1G
Please, call me Pig.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I actually stopped by radioshack a little while ago and picked up one of these switches. It doesn't feel too bad, but it is a little stiffer than I would like. I don't know if I'm going to use it though, I didn't think about it while I was buying it, but it's all chrome and the guitar I'm building will have all black hardware, and that kind of bothers me. Plus the idea of using a push/push to switch pot is becoming more intriguing the more I think about it. And I have one on order from Warmoth right now anyway.

Rate This Thread: