Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > UG Community > The Pit
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-13-2013, 06:34 PM   #21
Trowzaa
Khaz‚d

****ing guitarist who doesn't understand time signatures or how to keep in time. He went out of time so many times whilst recording that I (the bassist) had to do the part for him.

That and the producer told him to play a solo behind the last chorus and after about half an hour he came out and said he couldnt play the solo, I went in expecting it to be a quite difficult solo that the producer had written. Nope. He just told me to improvise over an Am scale. Our guitarist didn't know what that meant.

And then he'd come out with these stupid ****ing riffs as if they were groundbreaking. For example.
Code:
e|------------------------------------------------| b|------------------------------------------------| g|------------------------------------------------| d|----7---7---7---9---9---9---11---11---11--------| a|--5---5---5---7---7---7---9----9----9-----------| e|------------------------------------------------|

That's honestly a tab he sent me thinking it was good and unique.

I don't even.

qweashtrdhre\asrdhfyhrsezrdxhfyhsrezrdxfcgyt4srdfg

rant over.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:36 PM   #22
whywefight
ever mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trowzaa
That's honestly a tab he sent me thinking it was good and unique.

I'm stealing the **** out of this and getting super famous. Bye guys, fame calls.
whywefight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:36 PM   #23
H4T3BR33D3R
UG's Poison Mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Most_Triumphant
And did you?

No, but I tried my damnedest.

I mean, she had a boyfriend but I figured I'd try anyway

But, I did just eat some pizza so I am quite fartsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
Dude i like rap and stuff. Im a furry and I also have a wolf plush with a hole that i use at times.

Only at times, though.
H4T3BR33D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:37 PM   #24
Trowzaa
Khaz‚d

Quote:
Originally Posted by whywefight
I'm stealing the **** out of this and getting super famous. Bye guys, fame calls.

God damn you I wish I'd never revealed the sacred riff now.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:40 PM   #25
tukk04
UG's Neil Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgery
id like to rant about the drummer from a previous band, but i feel like ive done it so many times everyone on ug must know the story

I know that feel.

Damn drummers, they're important, but normally have a chip on their shoulder one way or another.

Soundcloud
tukk04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:41 PM   #26
thePTOD
UG Fanatic

I was in a band that lasted like two months, if that. This was around 6 or so months before I started my good band. I was on guitar, with a drummer and another guitarist who sang. We started coming up with original riffs and we ended up writing one song which I later turned into a much better rendition in my metal band (since I wrote everything I kept it all)

The drummer suddenly decided that our rhythm guitarist/singer was bad at singing, which he's not, and the drummer said he wanted to do lead vocals as well as drums. Seeing how he can't even play drums well, the singer and I knew he couldn't do it so we said no. Then he started saying our band name was 'super gay' and he was the best singer out of all of us, which is entirely untrue. The singer and I ended the band right after that happened.

He went on to be a shitty person and was an ass to me and my metal band all through my senior year of high school. He was in a classic rock cover band at the time. I think he's still in it. He doesn't know that all of their 'fans' don't actually like them, as most of them have told me. He thinks that the fans believe his band is really great, so that supposedly allows him to act like an asshole. Oh well. I'm not near him now.
Originally Posted by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
thePTOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:51 PM   #27
blake1221
‭‭

My bands each have nothing but cool dudes.

One guy that's in two of the three has a shitty attitude from time to time, but he always cheers up.
blake1221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:57 PM   #28
Emperor's Child
PUT YOU IN MY OVEN!

Only been in one "band", wouldn't call it a bad experience but it was very disorganised: one bassist/vocalist - nice guy, two guitarists - one nice guy, one guy that was alright but liked the odd argument and myself who was supposed to be on keys but no drummer, so every now and then I'd find myself behind a drum kit .

However, There was another guy that wanted to include his bhangra drumming skills...
Emperor's Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:58 PM   #29
Nero Galon
Alright, Alright, Alright

Haven't been in a band, don't really know if I want to either.

I don't really work too well with other people... Or I DO but I don't work well with people who don't work well with others if that makes sense. With the musicians I know/met IRL they seem so arrogant and stuck up their own arses its unbelievable.

I always envision that if I was in a band, i'd have people who were like "Led who? Screw that influence lets play some Black Veil Brides!" or "Nobody likes acoustic guitars now derp, only heavy stuff is cool to do!". Thats coming from peoples personalities of which I know. I just need to meet the right people
Nero Galon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:02 PM   #30
fudger
Im a ninja of love..

Eh the lead in my band doesn't want to write outside of E, C#min and A. Other than that I have no musical complaints. Outside of getting hired to do a studio job and the artist not knowing what they want. Though thats not a band so I will save it for another day.
Bandcamp

I'd rather be Phishing...
fudger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:03 PM   #31
K'Nuckles
UG Newbie

Crushing disappointment when everyone left for uni.

Old 01-13-2013, 07:07 PM   #32
H4T3BR33D3R
UG's Poison Mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by K'Nuckles
Crushing disappointment when everyone left for uni.

That happened to my friend's band too. It sucked hard cause they were awesome. All of them were really good at their instruments too so it was a really tight sounding band.

But, I did just eat some pizza so I am quite fartsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelfox
Dude i like rap and stuff. Im a furry and I also have a wolf plush with a hole that i use at times.

Only at times, though.
H4T3BR33D3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:14 PM   #33
ihartfood
Potato Faced Blind Man

well my band had around for about 10 years and released several solid albums, but our newest one was shot down because it had a pretentious and sexist album cover (women tied up being forced to smell a glove).
throughout our career we lost several drummers to strange causes, such as choking on vomit.
we were only saved by a long time fan/director who decided to make a movie about us.
halfway through our guitarists got in a fight about his crazy power hungry girlfriend, and our lead player left.
it was awful
then he came back and they reconciled, and we became insanely popular in Japan.
only to lose another drummer
Old 01-13-2013, 07:17 PM   #34
BjarnedeGraaf
UG's Fatty McFat

little backstory on my band: we cover songs. easy ones at that. green day - holiday.... summer of 69.... I love Rock and Roll, Nothing else matters, kryptonite, Come as you are. stuff like that...

so the story goes as follows:

My band used to have a terribad singer.. which annoyed me, but I always kept quiet... he also loved travelling and wouldnt show up for weeks, just to come back later to say: "oh yeah I went to newcastle for a month"... eventually he quit the band because he wanted to travel more. now we have a female singer who is generally OK but doesnt have the right equipment, so I drag my guitar amp along to practice, and she borrows a mic to sing through, she doesnt want to buy good gear.

Just after that our "rhythm guitarist", who was a total beginner, but we let him in because he promised to practice a lot, didn't progress as much as he should. (took him about 3 weeks to get the riff for summer of 69). We called him out on that, and he blamed us because: "we didn't motivate him enough to practice" eventually the band quit after a big argument between us and that guitarist.

Then I said to the rest of the gang: "why the **** are we stopping when it's just him that's annoying" so now we are back together, but short a guitarist.... but guess who wants to come back into the band? it's the terribad singer, only now as backup vocalist and guitarist....
(this is going to suck)

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400
Line 6 Spider IV
Stagg SW203N
BjarnedeGraaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:20 PM   #35
K'Nuckles
UG Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by H4T3BR33D3R
That happened to my friend's band too. It sucked hard cause they were awesome. All of them were really good at their instruments too so it was a really tight sounding band.

Hope it doesn't happen to you. It is lame as hell - especially since I didn't go to uni too.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:23 PM   #36
-Retro-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero Galon
Haven't been in a band, don't really know if I want to either.

I don't really work too well with other people... Or I DO but I don't work well with people who don't work well with others if that makes sense. With the musicians I know/met IRL they seem so arrogant and stuck up their own arses its unbelievable.

I always envision that if I was in a band, i'd have people who were like "Led who? Screw that influence lets play some Black Veil Brides!" or "Nobody likes acoustic guitars now derp, only heavy stuff is cool to do!". Thats coming from peoples personalities of which I know. I just need to meet the right people

You have correctly envisioned every fault to every bassist or drummer that I've met and tried to jam with. I'm into a whole bunch of music, while theirs is strictly Falling In Reverse and Sleeping With Sirens. Oh, and everyone brags about how they've seen so many bands and I'll be like "Oh, who?" and they'll say "Everyone at Van's Warped Tour 2011, lawlz it was awesumme".
-Retro- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:26 PM   #37
Emperor's Child
PUT YOU IN MY OVEN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihartfood
well my band had around for about 10 years and released several solid albums, but our newest one was shot down because it had a pretentious and sexist album cover (women tied up being forced to smell a glove).
If Porcupine Tree can get away with it...
Emperor's Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:27 PM   #38
crazysam23_Atax
Burning away

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Retro-
I feel ya. With all the stuff I've written in the past year, I am dying to get a band together, but I only know guitarists. Everybody's into making pop punk bands too, which doesn't help me much.

So, record everything yourself. Get yourself into the recording forums here on UG. Then, check out the stickies. You can easily get a good starting recording setup for a couple hundred. Learn basic mixing and record all your songs. Maybe create a bandcamp or a myspace (new myspace is all music-based, fyi) or whatever.

Bandcamp

Now working on my upcoming EP "Discarnate". See the expected track list on my bandcamp.

Terry Prachett is funnier than you! Discworld
crazysam23_Atax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:42 PM   #39
gunsnroses#1
Banned

I was in one on and off for about a year a while back. There was something wrong with all of us.

Me - I was the typical egotistical lead guitarist. I would solo in-between songs and other shit like that. I have since become more humble (I'd like to believe I have anyways)
Drummer - Very talented, but started getting into drugs. I mean, we all smoked pot, but he started getting into hallucinogens, molly, etc.
Bassist - Quiet kid. His image didn't really fit us. We were playing 80's rock/metal and he was more emo. Often played out of key.
Rhythm Guitarist - WORSHIPED Dimebag. Had all the exact same equipment Dime used, or so he and his brother told me. Wasn't nearly experienced enough to play in a band and was insanely moody. We wouldn't have practice sometimes just because he didn't feel like it.

None of us knew any theory, we didn't write any songs and we never played a gig. We were going to do the battle of the bands at our high school. We even had the three songs picked out (Enter Sandman, Caught In A Mosh, Symphony of Destruction) and practiced them at least once a week.

One week before the show, however, the Rhythm guitarist decides we're going to do a totally different second song (Cemetery Gates) and that he was going to do the solos. The drummer, for whatever reason, had his back. I, seeing that there was no way we could perfect the song in a month let alone a week, just left.
gunsnroses#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 07:43 PM   #40
ryan_nadon
ass brain

Jesus, TS. I think you used every snigle last comma in the universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
ryan_nadon is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: