Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Guitar Gear & Accessories
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-20-2013, 05:00 AM   #61
R45VT
Doesn't speak guitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viban
How about vodka soaked gummies?

Only if you are under 18. Don't let anyone know either.

I am sobering up fast. Not cool.

Last edited by R45VT : 01-20-2013 at 05:01 AM.
R45VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:01 AM   #62
cdr_salamander
or simply Nick

Vodka soaked gummies sounds like something that would be snuck into senior prom

'10 Gibson Firebird V
Marshall SL5
cdr_salamander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:02 AM   #63
R45VT
Doesn't speak guitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdr_salamander

Old 01-20-2013, 05:02 AM   #64
Viban
UG's resident bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blktiger0
I haven't delved into the world of Rum yet.

See, I started with rum, I'm thinking of trying some Whiskey later on. Same proof, but it's cheap and smells pretty damned strong.
Quote:

To be fair, I am 15, I can't even drive yet.
Viban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:06 AM   #65
R45VT
Doesn't speak guitar

This is my cats collection

Old 01-20-2013, 05:06 AM   #66
Blktiger0
The Name's Devon! ;)

I didn't have a night of Jello Shots, I had two Jello Shots, because I'd never had one. I'm one for trying new things, I don't care what connotation they carry. I'll admit to trying Smirinoff Ice and Mike's Hard Lemonade as well. In the same boat, if I didn't follow that concept, I wouldn't have found my favorite beer, and I wouldn't have added Kraken and Jameson to my list of drinks to try.

I agree that I failed tonight. I figured I would spend some time with the lady and watch movies with her, which she enjoys. Well, the first one wouldn't play, the second one had a good plot concept but terrible execution, and the third was interesting but it didn't really satisfy in the way I wanted, and it led into a movie series I dislike, which I wasn't aware of.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Today didn't look promising from the get-go, but I gave it a shot. When it failed miserably, I just kinda had to step back and think "well, it's not like this was unexpected."

I'm just glad I got it over with on a non-pay weekend.
Blktiger0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:07 AM   #67
Viban
UG's resident bum

Quote:
Originally Posted by R45VT
This is my cats collection

Is that an un-opened bottle of crown royal I see on the right side?
Old 01-20-2013, 05:08 AM   #68
cdr_salamander
or simply Nick

That is not the first time he has been called out on that bottle of Crown

'10 Gibson Firebird V
Marshall SL5
Old 01-20-2013, 05:12 AM   #69
Viban
UG's resident bum

I've never seen a bottle of it unopened, usually it just gets passed my way .

I would also like to say that seagram's seven is rather ghastly.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:13 AM   #70
Blktiger0
The Name's Devon! ;)

Has anyone had Jack Daniels Single Barrel?

That's my shit, right there. Regular Jack is great, Tenessee Honey is good for something different within the same lines, and Single Barrel is fantastic. One issue there is that there's plenty of room for inconsistency between each bottle, but I think that kinda spices it up a little.

On the topic of Rum, I have had Captain Morgan in the past, although I don't remember much of it

I remember taking a shot and thinking "well, this certainly isn't terrible" and continuing on with my night, whatever that entailed.

On the topic of the picture, I see some Disaronno back there. That brings back memories of a fun night with the band.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:14 AM   #71
Viban
UG's resident bum

Quote:
Has anyone had Jack Daniels Single Barrel?

That's my shit, right there. Regular Jack is great, Tenessee Honey is good for something different within the same lines, and Single Barrel is fantastic. One issue there is that there's plenty of room for inconsistency between each bottle, but I think that kinda spices it up a little.

On the topic of Rum, I have had Captain Morgan in the past, although I don't remember much of it

I remember taking a shot and thinking "well, this certainly isn't terrible" and continuing on with my night, whatever that entailed.

On the topic of the picture, I see some Disaronno back there. That brings back memories of a fun night with the band.

The cap doesn't get along well with the people in my family, I don't tempt him.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:15 AM   #72
cdr_salamander
or simply Nick

Disaronno is the shittiest drink ever. It's like somebody took a half-ass liquor and added 18 bags of sugar to it.

'10 Gibson Firebird V
Marshall SL5
Old 01-20-2013, 05:16 AM   #73
Viban
UG's resident bum

Quote:
Disaronno is the shittiest drink ever. It's like somebody took a half-ass liquor and added 18 bags of sugar to it.

I still think seagram's surpasses it, when you have a 750ml bottle of it for 12 bucks, that tells you all you need to know.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:21 AM   #74
Blktiger0
The Name's Devon! ;)

Quote:

I agree it's much too sweet. If I'm feeling Amaretto, I generally avoid it, but it introduced me to the family, although I much prefer other versions. There's actually a cheap local brand where I used to live that's not half bad. I can't recall the name.

I found out that night that bassists and whiskey don't mix. I brought Jack to that gathering and he had too much. Earlier that day he was bragging about not having puked in years.

He reset that timer.

I honestly assume that it was the Amaretto mixed with the Whiskey in his stomach that didn't go over well. I'm lucky enough to have an iron stomach, though. All of my friends have all of these "order" superstitions on what they should drink before or after what.

I just don't give a shit. My stomach agrees.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:22 AM   #75
Viban
UG's resident bum

^Is that why they only get one subsection and we have 6?
Old 01-20-2013, 05:32 AM   #76
Blktiger0
The Name's Devon! ;)

I wouldn't doubt it

Honestly, I seriously think they just have a different mindset. I literally do allof his gear work. I set all of his knobs on his pedals and amp, I set his graphic EQ, the only tone sculpting he does is the active EQ on his bass.

I still hate his tone, though. His amp sucks and his bass sucks, although they're both good for him because they can take abuse like no other. I've suggested he go tube, and since have dropped te concept entirely. He would **** his amp within a week. Solid State is the way to go for him.

He can't even wire up his pedals without doing it backward. He was flipping out over it for 30 minutes before I looked down and said "you have the pedals wired in reverse of what they should be. You're using the amp input for your instrument and instrument input for your amp" which is sad, since his first pedal is a bass wah, which has f***ing labels.

It sucks, because he's too talented for us to drop him at this point
Old 01-20-2013, 05:34 AM   #77
R45VT
Doesn't speak guitar

Quote:
That is not the first time he has been called out on that bottle of Crown

Bastards. Anyway- the good stuff is all out of shot. No whiskey and bourbon in the photo.

I am going to sneak that bottle of CR into NAMM for Craig. He called me out on it.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:38 AM   #78
Viban
UG's resident bum

Quote:
I wouldn't doubt it

Honestly, I seriously think they just have a different mindset. I literally do allof his gear work. I set all of his knobs on his pedals and amp, I set his graphic EQ, the only tone sculpting he does is the active EQ on his bass.

I still hate his tone, though. His amp sucks and his bass sucks, although they're both good for him because they can take abuse like no other. I've suggested he go tube, and since have dropped te concept entirely. He would **** his amp within a week. Solid State is the way to go for him.

He can't even wire up his pedals without doing it backward. He was flipping out over it for 30 minutes before I looked down and said "you have the pedals wired in reverse of what they should be. You're using the amp input for your instrument and instrument input for your amp" which is sad, since his first pedal is a bass wah, which has f***ing labels.

It sucks, because he's too talented for us to drop him at this point

God dude that sounds like a bad time. I feel that way about our band's 1st guitarist, the third one and I are very tone conscious, the first guy has the mids scooped all the way on a spider III on the insane channel. I'm just sitting over here with my 2x12 combo drowning him out and he's running at double my wattage . seriously he has a 150 watt spider III head going into a 4x12, and I was drowning him out with a 60 watt 2x12 combo. For a while he was trying to run a noise pissing contest with me, he was dimed and I was at 6, it was pretty funny. Wouldn't you think that you were in a band for a full summer doing paying gigs where you can get a good $150 for yourself, that you'd buy something nice and tubey?

Quote:

Bastards. Anyway- the good stuff is all out of shot. No whiskey and bourbon in the photo.

I am going to sneak that bottle of CR into NAMM for Craig. He called me out on it.

There's no shame in not emptying your stash mang, at least you kept the bottle nice and pretty . You got any good whiskey/bourbon you'd recommend?

Quote:
Bastards.

sigged

Last edited by Viban : 01-20-2013 at 05:43 AM.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:47 AM   #79
cdr_salamander
or simply Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viban
sigged

'10 Gibson Firebird V
Marshall SL5
Old 01-20-2013, 05:51 AM   #80
Viban
UG's resident bum

I know it seems rather irrelevant, but for whatever reason whenever I hear the word "bastards" all I can think of is hank hill.
On a note that makes me appear less socially awkward, I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on this pretty soon, I figure it can't be too bad, mahogany body, grover tuners, and I've been meaning to try a seven string for a while now. Worst case scenario, I have to block the trem and I get a new beater.

Last edited by Viban : 01-20-2013 at 05:57 AM.

Rate This Thread: