Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Instruments > Electric Guitar
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-15-2013, 09:48 PM   #1
Mhaydencream

Agile 3010se or fender MIM strat 50th anniversary

I currently own a Fender 50th Anniversary MIM strat I purchased new in 1997. It's the only electric I've owned for the past 16 years. I play it 2-3 times a week and also have an acoustic I play several times a week. Anyways I put the strat on craigslist for $225 and have several interested parties. It's in great shape. I'm thinking of selling and buying this Agile al-3010se:
[forbidden link]

Question is: will this guitar be a good guitar or ami going to miss my strat? To be honest I love playing guitar but have never loved this strat. It is a great guitar as far as build and quality. It's just not that inspiring and the distortion is ok. I want something with some meat to it on the dirty channels while still being decent on clean. I'm a living room rocker who loves to play along with bands like Tool, black keys, BLS, GnR, black sabbath...
Mhaydencream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 10:22 PM   #2
championguitar
Federal Agent

you'll probably end up missing your strat eventually its just a part of life

Guitars:Fender Am. Standard Telecaster, Gibson SG
Amp:Fender Blues Jr.
Pedals:EQD Dream Crusher->Polytune->PH-1r->Fulldrive 2->Barber LTD->Catalinbread DLS->CE-3->Strymon El Capistan->EQD Ghost Echo
championguitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:16 AM   #3
Quinlan
UG's Dragon Chaser

I don't think any of the bands TS listed use single coils, but then, I'm no freaking expert.

I can't tell what guitar you tried to link to, but the Agile I own is freaking amazing. One pickup swap and it's all I need really. Unless you get a lemon, I'd go for it if you aren't really digging the strat.
Old 01-16-2013, 02:12 PM   #4
Mhaydencream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinlan
I don't think any of the bands TS listed use single coils, but then, I'm no freaking expert.

I can't tell what guitar you tried to link to, but the Agile I own is freaking amazing. One pickup swap and it's all I need really. Unless you get a lemon, I'd go for it if you aren't really digging the strat.

The agile I'm looking at is an AL-3010se with alnico v humbuckers. What's your model?
Mhaydencream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 12:48 PM   #5
Skysc

apples and oranges here man .. a strat will feel , play sound completely different than a le spaul copy .

i own 3 Agiles ... the 3200 , the 3010 and the newer 3010se ..

prices : 599 $ for the 3200 ... 429 $ for the 3010 and 299 for the 3010se .. the 3010 se is the cheaper of them all and doesnt feel the same quality wise as the 3010 .. theyve cut down everything they could .. hardware ( cheaper bridge , cheaper nut , cheaper toggle switch , electronic and craftmanship IMO .. .. so as much as i like my 2 other agiles .. i think my agile 3010se is not up to the quality i expected .. so for the money its decent but nothing to be amaze of . spend 100-120 $ and get a 3000 or 3110 or 3010 ... but not the SE

the ebony finderboard is always smooth on my agiles 3200 , 3010 ,, look darker feel better than the newer 3010se .

the new 3010se is chambered .. its lightweight but doesnt sound as good as the 3200 .

you get what you pay for ... the 299 $ 3010se is not the 599 $ 3200 or the 429$ 3010

*** the newer 3200 have changed sinc elast year .. they now have cepheus locking tuners .. i dont know if they are good or not .. but overall the 3200 is expensive but its a nice guitar .

my 3200 slim is the best guitar ive played ... i own a 2004 american standard hss strat .. and im thinking of selling i dont play it anymore . i always thought i hates le spaul type guitar .. but once you get use to it .. i dont wanna play strat style 25.5 scale anymore . but thats preference of course .. my mia hss strat is still a great guitar .

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim

Last edited by Skysc : 01-25-2013 at 01:12 PM.
Skysc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 01:37 PM   #6
mattrusso

First of all, I think you undervalued your strat. I would at least ask $300 and maybe make it a little negotiable, but $225 is a very low price for an MIM strat in good condition.

Personally I would keep the strat, but the Agile is probably better for the type of music you want to play.
mattrusso is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread: