Go Back   UG Community @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com > Music > Recordings
User Name  
Password
Search:

Old 01-16-2013, 02:53 PM   #1
Matt Chavie
aspiring breakdancer...

Soundcard help.

I'm looking to build a pc in the next week or two. I don't know much about computers but my friends are helping me with it. I will be running protools to record and be using an interface through usb to record, and slowly upgrade the interface and other things.

What is a good soundcard, or what should I be looking for in soundcards to be good for recording? Or should I be using the on board souncard? If it matters, it's going to be an Intel i7 processor, and an ASUS mother board.

Thank you!
Matt Chavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 02:58 PM   #2
Odirunn
Hi, I'm Adam

The interface you're using functions as the sound card. Whatever comes with the mobo will suffice for non-recording sound stuff.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:13 PM   #3
zakarai
The Mathchitect

Odirunn is right.

Any audio interface will act as your soundcard as I'm using my zoom pedal to act as mine.
zakarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:34 PM   #4
Matt Chavie
aspiring breakdancer...

Thanks.
Matt Chavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:49 PM   #5
Bill43
I like it here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Chavie
I'm looking to build a pc in the next week or two. I don't know much about computers but my friends are helping me with it. I will be running protools to record and be using an interface through usb to record, and slowly upgrade the interface and other things.

What is a good soundcard, or what should I be looking for in soundcards to be good for recording? Or should I be using the on board souncard? If it matters, it's going to be an Intel i7 processor, and an ASUS mother board.

Thank you!

If your asking whether or not to buy an interface to record, you could look at any of the EMU cards, or better yet the M-Audio line. I own both (and some other "expensive" cards) and when you go to the lower prices is when the M-Audio cards really shine.

Rate This Thread: